Primal Craft VS The Rites of Lucifer

Stumbled across a very interesting video today in which these two are compared. The creator goes into very specific examples of how TOAF has basically plagiarised aspects of the Primal Craft work (incl sigils) into a watered down version of the dark atlantean current. I started out my LHP journey with the Draconian ritual book and have found it useful and beneficial but can also see since I started working with Primal Craft that it really is a whole new level of depth than anything I’ve come across with TOAF books. Anyway here’s the link:

Interested to hear others thoughts, particularly those familiar with both.

1 Like

I updated your title for clarity as the video title has what “TOAF” is, but that is not searchable and if the video link goes dead the info may be lost.

I don’t see why these are related offhand, but I don’t have TOAF. I do own The Red King by Marc Allen Smith and I can look into it though. That’s interesting though, I’ll have to look into it come back to you on that.

I do note: Asenath Mason is using the Draconian Current which is completely different in energy and intention than Marc Allen Smith’s devotional approach. I have worked with her other books and Marc Allen Smith’s stuff, and while both are ceremonial, I feel like the energy is different.

Yeah I agree, it requires another level of dedication as well that I haven’t been up to. I’d have to let go of current work and some beliefs that I’m not ready to do right now.

I also note, Marc Allen Smith in his interviews has said he gives the work for free and wants people to work with his system, he doesn’t care if they share pdfs etc. It’s a work of devotion and he wants his deities to be worshipped, not withheld. If wanted, buying the book get’s you a personally consecrated copy that is more powerful. So dabblers are welcome, the more the merrier sort of thing. :slight_smile:

So I wonder if, if Asenath has absorbed his work into her own that is something he’d actually want, she has been inspired and gives us Primal Craft Light in a sense, so the students who want will be able to get into Primal Craft more easily, or at least revere his gods which is what he wants, so from m the current’s POV that’s a good thing. :thinking: I don’t know, it’s just a thought :slight_smile:

I think ultimately the TOAF work is an entry point that can serve a purpose. To reiterate here though the main concern is that TOAF seems to be serving up ‘Primal Craft Light’ and benefiting financially from a watered down gnosis that is not entirely their own.