Power of hope

Hypothetically speaking let’s say if the power of Hope was a being and that being of the power of Hope can that being be the most powerful thing in all of creation

3 Likes

Embodiment of hope you mean?
I believe Anthropomorphic Personifications do exists.
I also believe you can (and do at points in life) embody abstracts.
But no,
The being of ‘hope’ wouldn’t be the most powerful.

If I remember correctly, I read somewhere that in greek cosmology, the being (Anthropomorphic personification) of ‘fate’ is exactly this.

But my belief is that the soul is beyond all these things.

3 Likes

I’d say the opposite would be true, since those who have lost all hope tend to be the most dangerous/powerful.

6 Likes

IMO, the idea that the word “hope” has any power is entirely wrong. While it keeps your attention on the desired result, it also puts you in a passive mode, which I find to be dangerous.

3 Likes

I agree. The idea of Hope inherently infers powerlessness. It’s nothing but a comfort object we cling to in the face of uncertainty. Its the blind belief that if we just hold on as tight as we can and endure long enough eventually things will work out in our favor. It’s bullshit. Fuck hope.

3 Likes

Like the old saying, “shit in one hand, hope in the other, and see which hand fills faster.” Hope is useless, powerless, and inconsequential, there’s a reason why it was Obama’s campaign platform. (and no I’m not conservative, I’m a political nihilist).

2 Likes

The concept of hope could be considered as “wanting with a positive connotation”.
Hope is a pathway for emotional energy. It is powerful as long as one follows it with action and intellect.

2 Likes

Sorry to link you to a rambling post but I hit on a concept not unlike this a while ago and it may be relevant to what @bfields5 was looking for: So, I Met God.

I was very hyped up still from the experience when I typed it, so the wording is a little all over the place. :wink:

Also, the use of love (as in passionate and focused desire) withinb magick and ascent was something I found information on, and posted here:

3 Likes

Nah, the wording is on point. I particularly liked “vomited truth out onto the pavement like a heatsick dog.” :smiley:

2 Likes