Positivity Thread for those who need it or want to add to it

Sometimes life just really knock us down and keeps us down. I know I have been struggling hard with this for a few weeks to a mont (maybe more).

I saw this meme and thought it’s a wonderful idea to have a place to post something positive even in a world of darkness. There’s also a little light even if we have to create it ourselves.

I’ll go first I got accepted into my Masters program I wanted to take and can start next fall!

11 Likes

I am grateful for not bursting into flames today when I had to read to a christian audience texts from out of the Book of Job :sweat_smile:

All jokes aside, I am grateful for being able to cater to 100+ peoples need in that regard, even if I wasn’t quite feeling it myself.

Congrats for being accepted @Angelb1083

5 Likes

That’s actually really awesome since I am sure that was way out of your comfort zone! That is huge!

Thank you! I have been waiting for ages. Only one school in the state does it!

2 Likes

It might sound off but I’m grateful for everything modern housing brings. Hot and cold clean running water and flushing toilets alone is huge (can you imagine how your lie would look without?) and cars, and fridges, and grocery stores, and not having to kill my own meat or milk my own cows to eat it… or not having to starve in Feb and Match when the potatoes run out.

These things have been standards in western lie for all of 100 years or so. Only the oldest remember outside outhouses. But I have this weird thing that I look at them like they’re new and get a feeling of relief that I don’t have to fetch water or do without.

With survival needs taken for granted I can be grateful that I can work via the Internet, have plenty of free time to spend as I like, read almost any book out of millions. There’s no problem I can’t fix or just let go of at that rate.

11 Likes

:slight_smile: we could all do with a little positivity.
I reckon I’m grateful to be in a large apartment and to have a nice cat like Doreen. It’s good to have some cute clothes, some stuff I like…:slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m grateful for being able to see past “gratitude” arguments made by most people.
I’m not being ironic.

4 Likes

I agree with this 100% could you imagine having to try to keep wood dry to cook on a fire when the weather is at its worst. Or having to worry about burning your home down in the winter because they only way to keep warm was but fire? I am always amazed when I go to historical houses and they are like see this pot? The put coals in it and waved it over the bed so their bed wasn’t freezing cold when they went to bed at night.

Or waking up in the middle of the night and having to light a candle or lantern just so you can see where you are going (outside to the out house) instead of just flipping a switch.

1 Like

I agree with this and having freedom to get the cute clothes :grin:

1 Like

This made me laugh.

I am grateful for everything that I have thats all I want to say.:pinched_fingers::heart:

6 Likes

I love this for you :grin:

1 Like

I’m grateful to work for a company that gives me access to jobs in a few countries all around the world! I am definitely going to take advantage of being able to life in different countries while employed.

3 Likes

This is a good one, I am also grateful for water.

5 Likes

My frequent self-reminder about how grateful I am for being able to work outdoors most of the time. Autumn is about to start soon and the forest just smells so damn good during this time of the year. Everything is coming together: the vegetation is still green and fruitful (I was able to snatch some blackberries and raspberries for myself) but the soil and the mossy parts are already giving off this heavier scent that gets stronger during cold and rainy autumn days. I am happy about being allowed to earn money while enjoying these things. Also: little forest friends that I am allowed to take back home.

(not pictured: some other animal parts that I won’t post :sweat_smile: )

4 Likes

Fall is my favorite season. It’s not too cold yet, but there are nice breezes and rains. The leaves fall, colors start to change, and yeah it does smell nice out! Even if it gets darker earlier later in fall, it has this magical feeling. I guess I’m not a big summer person.

3 Likes

Today I am so thankful for having historical sites I can visit that go wayyy back in time. I costed a temple mound yesterday that is 8 minutes away from my work.

2 Likes

Same thing i was gonna write i got accepted in masters program

3 Likes

Yay! What are you going for?

Data Science AI, and i saw your whole theme around lintree it gave me some out of the world or some entity letting itself express through you vibe, its giving so much indication that its influencedvby some entity, the whole culuture around it.

Which cource you pursuing?

1 Like

Zoology… I still want to save the world for the animals… in all seriousness they a creating a whole ass rhino down at San Diego zoo from the sperm and eggs on the pretty much extinct northern white rhinoceros and placing the embryos in female southern white rhinoceroses so they might bring them back. I want in on that kind of science.

2 Likes