Please, just tell me and be honest is magick real?

Nope, can you explain?

The basic idea is that your want, or your lust, for the result of your spell to be fulfilled (in this case a sign magick is real), is something that actively works against your spell coming to fruition. In the Chaos Magick paradigm, magick follows the path of least resistance.

From your human perspective you dont know what the path of least resistance is for your magick to manifest. Having want or desire for the spell to resolve, is actually energy that you are giving off. Its energy that works to constrict your magick into following what makes sense to you.

It seems counter intuitive, but when you have no want or expectation for your magick to come true, is exactly when it comes to pass. That is the moment you are no longer trying to force your vision or reality on the rest of the universe.

You might be expecting to hear a voice, or to see something spectacular, but you dont know what sign Lilith wants to give. That expectation is a force against your magick.

This is a quick answer, but I think it covers the basics.

Edit: just remember, fire and forget.

3 Likes

Don’t you think that’s a bit half-hearted? If you’re looking for results like that it would be easier to just provoke a spirit in a haunted location.

Maybe you just need to take things a bit more seriously before you start getting results. Have you ever heard of the saying “you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes?”

6 Likes

I had to cry my heart out, bleed in all so many ways, feel despair like I had never felt, try so many times. More importantly, never stopped believing in it and each time putting more and more of me into it until I believe I had nothing else, I literally poured my soul out.
Hey, it worked!
Didn’t work the way I wanted, didnt see what I expected, it was actually all so wrong, but it worked, it took me years to realise what I had done and what happened and to fix it all, but it kept going, kept going and kept going.
There is a nice saying when it comes to magick
“No rest for the wicked!”

5 Likes

Magick in my opinion is the natural happening in the world, people like to believe magick is flight of fantasy in every case but magick is the most basic things that happen in life too. Not in a sappy way however. Lilith can’t show you what you experience everyday lol.

5 Likes

This book will cover most seeming paradoxes you’ll find regarding what’s “real” and what’s “just in your mind”: The Kybalion PDF, archived link (we don’t trade PDFs on here as a general rule but this one is okay, the text is out of copyright and the edition was given for download from the site that created it).

It’s not long and not complex, and is not a grimoire or spell book either so you don’t need “faith” to read it, it should be useful to you.

7 Likes

I was actually going to mention the Kybalion as well. It is the basic philosophy and principles behind modern ceremonial magic, among others.

Look at the end of the day, nothing can be said here will prove whether or not magic is real. Your experiences are the only thing that will. So, pick up an exercise and practice it with real effort for a considerable amount of time. Record your experiences like a lab book and draw your own conclusions. The idea of magic has been around for milia, far longer than science (not that i am dismissing it, far from it). So, there is something that keeps drawing our species to that idea.

Alchemy at a time was considered to be a form of magic along with a science, and some of the more logical minds in history presuaded that endeavor, Isaac Newton being one of them. As they say, nothing ventured nothing gained. It would be easy to write magic off as being impossible or fantastically, but how many technological breakthroughs were made dealing with ideas that were considered the same at the time?

Even if you end up failing, the experience from that will be more valuable than constantly wondering what if at the end of your days. So, be bold.

4 Likes

Well, what is real to you? Is real something that you can touch? Or is it something that you just need to believe in?

Magick is not objectively real. We have no evidence to prove magick itself is real. It is a belief by definition. However, what you can prove is real is the results. If you use magick to get something, that something is real.

Well, The Big Bang is simply a theory. Even though there’s concrete evidence of the effects, there is no evidence of the cause. Are people who believe in it delusional?

3 Likes

listen mate, im in the same boat and have only been at this a few weeks. I dont honestly have advice since I am also struggling with this. let me give you a bit of perspective. do you trust your senses wholehearted. have they ever let you down, because if you have ever seen an illusion I can assure you they have. your brain interprets stimuli and makes the world you experience. what makes you 100% certain anything around you is real? so perhaps if even a little pretend you don’t trust your senses entirely and that something lies beyond the natural senses. just like the best actors will live their role, you must play pretend and accept this as truth when you do the rituals. then watch. something will happen and you will have your answers.

4 Likes

oh damn, I just responded something similar then went to read other responses. I read yours and went, “shit I repeated what someone else said”

2 Likes

Magic is fake and gay, except for the stat modifications.

1 Like

The stat bonuses are too good for me to leave on the table.

1 Like

Am I too late to jump in? I can’t help but laugh as I am reading. Maybe the OP is a troll, or maybe sincere so I will give my 2 cents (used to be worth more, sorry kinda useless these days) and let the flames rise.

1. Magick is all in your mind, you just have no idea how infinitely large your mind is.
  2. Everything in Heaven and Hell exist within Heaven and Hell, all Patterns of Heaven and Hell exist within Heaven and Hell.
  3. If you study anything long enough, you will understand everything.
  4. Asking for proof means you don’t believe and you will get exactly what you believe.
  5. Words, sigils, tools and all the rest are useless unless they mean something to you. They are psychic triggers, nothing more. So you following a random spell then saying “okay where are the results” just makes you look like a fool.

When you understand the 5 basic concepts I outlined above, come back and lets talk about what magick is.

6 Likes

the kybalion

Most people here think demons exist as something entirely independent of the “all.” And that’s if they even believe the “all” exists. The Kybalion is a good book to recommend but wouldn’t it confuse someone whose new to this site? Especially since the majority of people here are technically LHP? How come nobody ever recommends any of the books written by the owner of this site?

I think the op should learn how to meditate and start off with something like Evoking Eternity or Works of Darkness. The op will get his answer if he does this.

(Edit) I wasn’t responding to you specifically C. Wilson but I do bring up good questions.

3 Likes

Earlier in the forum majority of what was suggested was the owner’s books xD but I think it’s good to suggest authors outside of the owner(s) books simply to get a feel of other less or more known authors or to avoid an echo chamber affect.

2 Likes

I’m not complaining but in a lot of ways this forum is an echo chamber. People do recommend the same books on a regular basis. And people do ask the same questions.

4 Likes

honestly I am a few weeks in and have done one read through of the kybalion because c kendall suggested it as a place to start. he said to mediate on each individual one of the 7 principles per week. I need to do multiple read throughs. it can be much. like the all is easy to grasp and the all is in all and all is in the all is also simple to grasp. trying to wrap my head around it all being mental is harder. poles wasn’t so bad but genders throw me for a loop. i dont agree with the ascension stuff either. like the whole do evil and you descend instead. that seems foolish. however I will say I need more study and some if not most of it has tremendous merit to any magician of skill level. I say this because I think one should read it more than once. perhaps at each stage of development. new insight may be gained every time. honestly though i will agree the concepts are confusing and intense especially on a first read through

1 Like

also I super agree with the echo chamber statement. I have to search far and wide on here before even asking a question that often I never find a real answer to in my search. shit. I tried looking up on scrying with a mirror, and while I found things here and there I didn’t find anything really giving much more than balg e book did.

1 Like

The thing with magick is that it doesn’t always work the way you want it to , I recently started keeping note of every ritual I did and when I go back I would say there’s 80% to 90% success because technically it worked . Now in “lala land” or “fantasy world” that would make you so powerful and bad ass but in reality things are different! You still go through your regular struggles , down time and sadness . Not going to try and convince you but every ones experience is different , started 2 years ago and all I can say is I wouldn’t go back! Life has been good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Whether it’s ascent or descent you’ll end up at the same destination. As above, so below.

3 Likes