Planetary Magick/How Do You Determine Planetary Hours

Hello Everyone! I’ve been wondering how one would (How The Ancients) would determine the planetary Hours as well as How this can be done in the modern day. I can’t seem to find a clear answer to this and All of you members of this forum are highly knowledgeable so I thought I’d ask here.

1 Like

If I understand it correct then, in some grimoires or the internet. You can find planetary hours there. But about the ancients, I don’t knows how they did it. I don’t even know how old planetary hours are tbh.

1 Like

In modern times, you can simply use an online astrology calculator. Just Google “planetary hours calculator” and enter the hour of sunrise and the hour of sunset of your location to determine the hours of each planet. Note that planetary hours vary in length.

In ancient times, they figured it out using math (as did the old school magicians in the time before the internet). It was the Egyptians who first broke up the day and night into 10 hour increments on their sundials.

4 Likes

In fact, there is no need for this. As I could see, ordinary evocation is possible without taking into account planetary correspondences. Unless you are planning something grandiose, where it is important to take everything into account. Answering your question, calculators for calculation can be found on the Internet for this query.

2 Likes

I use an app called Plntry Magick. The app was expensive, I think it was $69.99 CAD, but it will show you the planetary hours for your exact location and for other locations all over the world.

1 Like

I use astro-seek dot com

1 Like

I use the app Planetary Hours on my iPhone. It calculates it for your exact location. I think it was like $2.

The book Planetary Magick by Denning shows you how to hand calculate it if you would prefer an older method of doing it.

1 Like

Okay so I thought I’d add my own opinions and advice into this, so here we go. Now it is true that one doesn’t need to align their workings, rites or evocations to any particular alignment. For example if I need to summon a particular entity for an emergency, I need to act quick and wouldn’t wait almost a whole week for that planetary day and hour.

Although I may do various workings without taking into account the planetary days and hours. There are times that when you align your workings to those days and times, you can in my experience overall maximise your potency and sometimes even get better overall results.

If I do workings in regards to the planetary alignment I’ll take into account, the planetary day and the hour, as I like to utilise unique celestial combinations in my workings. As an example of this today is Friday, the sacred day of Venus however let’s say I wanted to do a money working. All that is required is to do the working on the hour of Jupiter, since Venus rules over attraction, I will be utilising the planets ability of magickal attraction in combination with the jupiterian resonance over wealth and money. So it’s literally the perfect time for attracting money.

Of course there are a variety of unique combinations, I use an app called “Planetaro” it’s completely free, simply place your location into it and it’ll tell you the planetary hour and days. Obviously don’t just do the workings on these hours, properly invite them into your personal sphere during the working. Remember that the day you’re on is the actual “planetary power” which you will be using, and the “planetary hour” is the way the power is applied.

Simply preliminary calling’s of the planetary power is required to properly use that force in your ritual, the methods vary from tradition to tradition. Ranging in terms of various degrees of basic and complex structures, some have an aversion to Hebrew god-names and so like to avoid certain more popular and traditional methods, which is understandable and so they use alternative methods. Such as tracing the planetary symbol of the planet above the altar or space with an athame or ritual sword, like in the LBRP for example. It’ll be envisioned shining the same colour as the planets corresponding colour, shining into the space and personal sphere that planets light/power into the environment.

Some will then recite an oral recitation such as an invocation, or vibrate the names of entities or gods associated with that planetary sphere. It doesn’t have to be elaborate, of course there are other methods to one can stab the centre of the symbol which is drawn in the centre of the universal hexagram, and vibrating the corresponding Hebrew god-names.

For example tracing the unicursal hexagram as you vibrate “ARARITA” and then tracing the symbol of the moon in the centre for example, as its stabbed in the centre one vibrates the corresponding god-name “SHADDAI EL CHAI”. There are other methods too, for example the names of the sephiras are chanted and vibrated for example invoking the sun, trace the symbol and usual stab its centre as the solar light explodes out of it vibrate the corresponding sephira “TIPHARETH”. Those involved in demonic workings can do this too with the vibration of the Qliphas in accordance with their planetary counterparts.

If you want to add another element to really enhance this, irregardless of what working I can add the planetary power and function, by drawing the planetary square and using that kamea to create a planetary sigil. I’ve given a method here on the forum on how you can do this here it is below.

In that post I talk about how you can create one of these sigils, if you activate the square before erasing it, then it’ll consecrate it to the corresponding planetary power, combining this with the activation of the planets power within your space, will also amplify it. Adding in other things such as candle colour correspondence in your workings, oils and incense that resonate with the planetary sphere of your working will overall amplify things.

These are just some of the things available, however about 50% off my rituals I’ll do like this, the other 50% I don’t take the planetary forces into alignment. I see them as useful and applicable tools at the end of the day, use it when you desire and don’t when you desire, never let anyone tell you, that it needs to be done in a specific manner.

3 Likes

@C.Kendall
Thanks Man You’re a Great Help

@C.Kendall
Now that we’re on the topic of Planetary Magick…How What have you to say about using the Star Algol to empower Rituals?

By using its counter-part physical gateway, whereas there are three major powerful gateways, each one resonates with each of the triad stars.

1. Algol - Blood
  2. Dabih - Fire
  3. Naos - Water

Obtaining the physical gateway, opening that through whatever ritual means you desire, then simply connecting to the quintessence of the star as you structure it in the gateway like one would in a black mirror. The vibration of its name then is given as a mantra, in which you simply recite a invocation or litany of your choosing in order to fully either open the gateway to project to these stars via soul travel, or evoke the actual star into the temple, through which its power will manifest in our world to do with as you see fit.

This is one of the many ways which I myself have utilised these specific stellar bodies in ritual, the most powerful is when all three are used in what I refer to as “The Black Circle”. In which the operator is to go outdoors, dig into the ground deep grooves like lines. Create three concentric circles, in the first circle fill it with water, the second fill it with the blood of animal mixed with your own and any and all present members of your congregation. The last outer circle is then filled with a flammable substance, I’ve experimented with using simply ethanol/isopropyl alcohol, and have also used thick rope shaped in a circle drenched in the same fluid and either experimented with other flammable fluids.

Of course caution and your safety must be taken when dealing with anything like this, as well as taken precautions to ensure the fire doesn’t spread. This is why simply soil is best avoid anything that has wood, sticks, dry grass or fern, etc. Three long torches are placed outside the circle, one baring the colour blue, the other yellow and the other red, I usually use scarfs to signify them. These are shaped in the form of a triangle, converging both the sacred geometry of the circle with the triangle, inside the three concentric circles I’ll also place out my universal circle too.

In each direction of the torches, I’ll begin calling out to each star, evoking it and then igniting the circle of fire. As the stars manifest and materialise in the air in physical manifestation, they share an astral circuitry connecting them. The circles in which you are centred within will then glow with the same intensity, anchoring and grounding the power. As above you a triangular black gateway opens forth, through which the powers of the dark gods themselves manifests and materialises in abundance.

This isn’t something I endorse as being touched by “the black light” and being in the presence of these stars to this potent intensity, starts a chain reaction of events both within the self and within your life. You’re setting into motion an avalanche of acausality which will either empower and liberate you, or drag you to the lowest circles of hell and devour you. Either way it doesn’t care it’s about how you handle it, knowing how to deal with such forces and the things that must follow afterwards.

With all that being said, I’ve only performed the rite of “the black circle” twice in extreme circumstances, and isn’t something I pull out of the tool box regularly to say the very least.

2 Likes

Um…Won’t the blood coagulate afore you make it’s way to the circle?

You would use quite a decent amount, this can be done through collecting it after sacrificial offerings of an animal. If not possible one can actually purchase large quantities of animal blood from a butcher, even online, this mixed with your own. Irregardless of its coagulation, it’ll provide the substantial amount of blood required.

1 Like

@C.Kendall I’m tempted to copy down all of your rituals into my Grimoire…I title it “A Grimoire of The Spells of The Magnificent Sorcerer C. Kendall”

Hi There! @C.Kendall
I have some questions for you if you don’t mind

Yeah of course

1 Like

You Know I can’t go outside and I don’t have any equipment.
Is there any way I can perform that ritual without using torches? Or being outdoors?

@C.Kendall I’m more than happy to do the ritual the way you instructed me to, BUT I must accept the sad and unfortunate truth that I won’t be able to perform it until I get a little older!

I would merely wait until your older

1 Like

@C.Kendall
Can I PM you? I need to ask you things that are off topic…I need your advice