Pendulum

Who has experience in divination with pendulum?

I have read that it is possible to get words or even complete sentences if we use a pendulum combined with something like a ouija board. (It was in a book called “New Avatar Power”)

Anyone has had success with this?

1 Like

Great question TANIA! I don’t recall pendulum use being discussed anywhere in the Forum…

For me personally, I only use the pendulum method of scrying when I want a yes or no answer. If I want details, behind-the-scenes info or insight into external influences I always go with either Tarot or Scrying. And maybe thats just part of my personality - don’t have the patience for it! :wink: Z

1 Like

I only use it to get a yes or no answer with regards to food/vitamins/herbal remedies etc. And even then it’s a drag to shut out my analytical mind. I’ve always been good at extensive indepth research, but ‘knowing too much’ can also be a downside. I really have to let go and just focus on the feeling.

[quote=“tania, post:1, topic:209”]Who has experience in divination with pendulum?

I have read that it is possible to get words or even complete sentences if we use a pendulum combined with something like a ouija board. (It was in a book called “New Avatar Power”)

Anyone has had success with this?[/quote]

I heard of that supposedly as the theory goes the more in tune you get with a pendulum the more it communicates like it will swing in a way that makes the shapes of letters that you can copy down and spell out to communicate with it or use it kind of in the same way as an Ouija board. Me personally though I never got that in depth with them. Usually just use them in my healing work mostly but sometimes for divination and when I want to find a lost object. (they seem to be really good at that.)

I’d love to know what the trick is to retrieving ‘accurate’ answers consistently with pendulums. In my experience with them, and I’ve had a fair bit, the pendulum swings intensely either clockwise, counter clockwise, up and down, or right to left, according to the preliminary request I make at the beginning to show me what yes and no answers will be. I can also ask questions with my mind, and it will respond. I have almost instantaneous activity with the pendulum.

However, it seems that sometimes it gives accurate answers and sometimes not, so I have lost some patience with this method, although, if anyone had some tips or solid, positive experience I would happily give it another go and share the results. The ouija board method sounds very interesting.

Sometimes with pendulums what you want the answer to be will override the actual answer making the pendulum swing differently than what it should. My suggestion would be to meditate deeply before asking a question that you hold a strong attachment to so you can get a completely objective reading from the device.

Thanks, Kitari. That’s great advice! I have noticed that if I’m really attached to the answer, or want it to be a certain way, it will often swing that way, so that is something I have to work on.

I would like to ask ask anyone on the forum, by what mechanism does the pendulum actually work? Is it contact with the subconscious mind causing subtle movements to take place with the muscles of the hand and fingers or is it contact with spirits in the vicinity or could it be either? Thoughts?

I sometimes think my unhelpful results may be due to attracting weaker, wandering spirits who just don’t know the answers. Has anyone tried to call forth their familiars or Angels or Demons for the purpose of communicating via this medium?

Ditto here. I only have to think ‘yes’ and the damn thing will immediately start spinning a yes.

I’m under the impression I’m tapping into my Higher Self and that makes the muscles move. Although I’m not ruling out there may be spirits interfering.

It can be done either way. Some old school practitioners of evocation who didn’t feel they could perceive the spirits they were contacting would use a pendulum to communicate but also people use it to tap into the sub conscious as well as higher parts of the spiritual self it’s all a matter of preference in my experience.

One method I experimented with of my own creation although I’m sure others have thought of this is to hang it in an enclosed container (a big cake carrier tupperware thingy is what i used) so that their is no question as to what is influencing it. Just put your hand over the spot where it’s hanging and ask your question and watch its response. It takes some practice but I found it fairly effective when experimenting on ways to make a pendulum a completely objective divination tool.

1 Like

Yes, Kyra, it can be very frustrating, lol! Yeah, I often feel like I’m tapping into my higher self too so that’s another possibility. I can definitely feel a spiritual energy when using the pendulum and often see the aura or energy of the pendulum and string as it moves(golden color).

I can see how it can be used a variety of ways, Kitari. So far we have;

Higher Self, Subconscious Mind, Spirits, Evoked Spirits/Entities.

I think another important factor in using the pendulum is a well formulated question. You must know the correct wording before asking so as to leave only a yes or no answer. Attachment to the answer seems to be another huge factor we seem to agree on.

Thank you for all your answers, very informative.

I think this hasn’t been discused in this thread:
How accurate is the pendulum as a divination aid (75%, 80%…)? Is there something that cannot be known through a pendulum?

[quote=“tania, post:1, topic:209”]Who has experience in divination with pendulum?

Anyone has had success with this?[/quote]

Yes, it is in New Avatar Power by Geoff Gray Cobb. Great book if you can get past the lame stories that the publisher put in there.
[url=http://www.amazon.com/The-Miracle-New-Avatar-Power/dp/0135853729]http://www.amazon.com/The-Miracle-New-Avatar-Power/dp/0135853729[/url]

I have worked with this system for a few years now and I can tell you it is a powerful Grimoire. It is working with Angels. And you think they are all white and fluffy, you are in for a surprise.

Anyway, the pendulum section does have an illustration of a chart to use to spell out words. I have used it successfully to locate items but that is all I have used it for. I should use my pendulum more, but I prefer other methods over it.
I am of the belief that the pendulum allows you to talk to your subconscious so I keep my work with it aimed at questions I have forgotten the answers to such as “where the hell did I put that?”.
So accuracy is high. As far as communicating with spirits, I can’t say.

Tania, the accuracy would be highly dependable on a variety of the factors presented in this discussion and the skill and experience of the Operator, so it is hard to say for sure.

I think it has the potential to be highly accurate and I’m hoping that those people interested in this topic may put up their successes, techniques and results as a kind of of testing group for accuracy.

A book similar to New Avatar Power, called Psychic Magic Power, was where I became aware of and first began to work with the pendulum. That was nearly 20 years ago. I’m getting old, lol!

In that book it says to first ask the pendulum to move in a direction to signify YES and then a direction for NO. After that, then you ask it a question or two that you already know the answer too, as a test. After this initial process you go on to ask your pre-prepared, well worded questions that enable a simple YES or NO answer.

It is easy to get hypnotized by the swing and lose focus and concentration, so that is another factor to consider. Starting off it may be better to keep the sessions short and sweet.

There are quite a few people that believe Pendulums are pointless and a hinderance. Although completely usable, they are often discredited. HOWEVER, I do NOT believe this to be true. I see the pendulum as a stepping stone toward higher faculty openings!

In fact I am personally making a Demonic Spirit board. I have made a few in the past, but they seem to catch fire or bind too well to clients.

Dante

[quote=“Dante Abiel, post:15, topic:209”]In fact I am personally making a Demonic Spirit board. I have made a few in the past, but they seem to catch fire or bind too well to clients.

Dante[/quote]

That sounds pretty cool, but what do you mean when you say they bind too well to the client?

Thanks for sharing this! I just finished designing a spirit board of luciferian sigils for a pendulum use but hadn’t decided how I wanted to go about setting the pendulum up for interaction. After reading what you did, I think I’ll fashion a suspension to be part of the board to hang the pendulum on.

Random thought on the subject of pendulums - some traditional hoodoo’s will use a skeleton key tightly wrapped in a book and suspended from a rafter (or whatever) for a pendulum-type working.

This reminded me of an old friend who practiced HooDoo. He used his grandfather’s pocket watch for a pendulum. His accuracy was amazing. I learned a lot from him while he was alive.
Thanks for bringing back some good memories. : )

I’m sure EA mentioned in one of his books that he was with a fella out in a cave and the fella pulled his pendulum out of his pocket - EA said he scoffed, but watched as the fella made magic with his pendulum. He was impressed how easily the fella worked with it. Sorry, can’t remember which book I read that in.

Somewhere I have a book written by a doctor,a fairly big book full of technical stuff and science. I try to find it tomorrow. I believe the accuracy rate is in there.

Anyway, the pendulum can give you more then a “Yes” or “NO”, it can also give a “Maybe” and a “Not for you to know yet”-answer(or some other that you choose yourself). It turns left or right, it swings up and down, and it swings from left to right.
depending on the subject you can of course change the Maybe in to something more suitable.
And if you question an answer a few times, so really ask 'is this answer wrong" and also is this answer ok, you can start to have faith in your pendulum.
you can also use it as the pointer on any ouija bord.
hope this can help a little