Pendulum Question

When working with a pendulum, can you use the same pendulum that you used to work with one spirit/entity to work with a new or different spirit/entity? Would you have to obtain a new pendulum to work with a new spirit/entity?

2 Likes

For the most part yes, it’s a tool used for a specific purpose, like a pen that you use for writing.

In some cases a person might use a specific pen to write only in a special journal or something, or a person might use a special pendulum for a specific entity, for any number of reasons. Two examples. 1) the spirit rewuests it. 2) the pendulum user wants to communicate the importance of its use to themselves or the spirit.

1 Like

No, you don’t need to acquire a new pendulum every time. Not only would you end up with 47 pendulums eventually but you would have to label them to remember which entity the pendulum was for. You simply cleanse the pendulum after each use!

Not too many people here use pendulums but I use them all the time. All you have to do is cleanse them to flush away the energy of the last entity you spoke to so you don’t accidentally link up with the last entity and have that last entity’s energy influencing the answers in the wrong way, or have the energy from the ol d entity and the new one clashing which causes your pendulum to spin out of control like it can’t make up its mind on yes or no.

I have done instructionals on how to cleanse a pendulum, how to charge it with the energy of a particular spirit if need be, and how to calibrate the pendulum to your energy so it will work with your energy and not use energy that may be lingering nearby or end up giving you the answers you desire as opposed to the answers that are true. But I have not posted that tutorial on here because most people here do not use a pendulum or think it’s “stupid and useless” so I only share it when requested specifically.

6 Likes

^ What they said! :slight_smile:

Please share the tut RavensAscemt, I think pendulums are under-rated, they’re one of my main everyday tools and I have my own tips for using them for divination on here somewhere.

If it helps, attach a symbol of power or protection to the non-working end, that helps with cleansing the pendulum and keeping it free of nasties, and ptractise, practise, practise - that’s IMO the best way to get a real feeling for it.

Oh, and dowse it over random things, 2nd-hand clothing or library books, get a feel for the energy of previous users, and practise dowsing over people’s (and animals’) chakras, these all help tune it in.

4 Likes

So, use your intention.

If you want to dedicate it to some specifics then shall you and if you want to use it universally, yes you can.

Thanks for the feedback.
Concerning an entity/spirit that you have not worked with before, is it better to do an evocation, first, before working with that entity/spirit using a pendulum? In order to get permission, maybe? Has anyone had any experience using a pendulum where you hold it over a sigil (I read that on another website)?

1 Like

RavensAscent - absolutely correct about needing only one pendulum
which I use for all purposes. But there are pendulums that you don’t
have to clean - the website Divining Mind sells them - mine is an Isis
pendulum made in Germany.

It would be much appreciated it you posted an instructional on the topics
you mention:
I have done instructionals on how to cleanse a pendulum, how to charge it with the energy of a particular spirit if need be, and how to calibrate the pendulum to your energy so it will work with your energy and not use energy that may be lingering nearby or end up giving you the answers you desire as opposed to the answers that are true.

Sometimes I find that unclean spirits are interfering with my dowsing.
Do you have a way of clearing or blocking them?

Concerning an entity/spirit that you have not worked with before, is it better to do an evocation, first, before working with that entity/spirit using a pendulum?

First, of course so the spirit can be there in order to manipulate the pendulum. However, once you get good at communication with spirits a pendulum is no longer necessary as you’ll be able to hear them in your mind.

In order to get permission, maybe?
Permission is not needed to evoke or speak with a spirit.
Has anyone had any experience using a pendulum where you hold it over a sigil (I read that on another website)?

Yes. You open the sigil (consecrate it), evoke the spirit, and then hold the pendulum over the sigil. Ask the spirit to move the pendulum to show you the answer for yes, then again for no.

You would say something like:

spirit’s name: show me how you will move the pendulum for a YES answer

The pendulum will either move left to right or front to back, or swing in a circle to the left or right. Observe how the pendulum moves. If the spirit chooses a left to right swing for a YES answer, remember that and don’t just assume that it means a NO answer must be a front to back swing. Always go ahead and ask the spirit to show you the moves for a NO answer too becuase you never know what movement the spirit will choose for either one, it could do a circular motion for yes and a swinging motion for no, so don’t ever guess for the spirit.

And ask the spirit what each motion stands for at least twice, this will help you make sure you are not accidentally manipulating the pendulum and that it really is the spirit doing that. If the pendulum always swings in the same directions for yes and no, it is most likely the spirit. If you ask the spirit to confirm the movements for yes and no more than once, and every time you get different answers, you are either messing with the pendulum or you did not clease it thoroughly enough before you started your session, and you need to stop and do a cleansing of the pendulum, but not a banishing because you will accidentally kick the spirit out.

If at any point the pendulum starts to go haywire and swing all over the place like crazy, stop! Ask if there is another spirit present. Sometimes spirits do this if they want to join in on the conversation. That spirit will know and use the same motions for the yes and no answers. If the pendulum stops swinging wildly and suddenly shows you the yes motion, that’s why. Another spirit has joined you. But if the pendulum does not stop going crazy when you ask if another spirit is present, then there is too much loose energy in the room effecting the pendulum and you need to cleanse it again.

7 Likes

Do you have the instructions on how to cleanse the pendulum?

1 Like

Good info overall.

I’ve personally just started with a pendulum and I’ve surprisingly begun using it in commune with my higher self, Freya, and Heimdall without need for cleansing though this may be because I perform Asbjörn’s Rite of the Hammer to create a circle ensuring only the energies I invoke remain within.

Up until using a pendulum I was performing more insightful, but more time consuming yes/no answers from cartomancy using the wheel of fortune and 7 other cards pulled from the deck as originally shared in the forums by Lady Eva.

I would like you to share with me how to use a pendulum. :blush:

1 Like

Hi @Addi666, Raven is not active anymore on this forum. Unfortunately.

But please read this, it will help you a lot, firstly how to use a pendulum, secondly how to ground (I’ve learned it this way):

2 Likes

Thx :grin:

1 Like