Pathworking Initiation Into Hermetics

Do you have any recommendations for books on self hypnosis?

I would be disappointed, but I find that funny af. I deserve to be put in my place.

1 Like

Unfortunately not, there is a book by Ray del Sole that has the affirmations needed for IIH and how to achieve self hypnosis. But I got better results by consulting a psychotherapist/shaman that installed a trigger in me that I can use. https://www.amazon.com/Autohypnosis-Franz-Bardon´s-Initiation-Hermetics/dp/1291023615/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=autohypnosis+bardon&qid=1620147275&sr=8-1

2 Likes

Perhaps @anon48079295 can help answer that.

1 Like

It’s not true at all.

The astral body is the energy body, the plane you project on is what changes, just as the etheric body is the energy body.

6 Likes

Thanks.

1 Like

Step 1

It will take as long as it takes to achieve control over my mind.

So I continue…

5 Likes

This was a fascinating read. I am considering to start my journey of IIH as well. How are you coming along, if you’re still practicing?

Welcome @skitzer It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

Wow, it has been a long time since I’ve posted in this journal. I’ve decided to pick up IIH again. I’m at a point in my life where I want to continue my practice, I’ve been a little sidetracked for a while.

This means I need to redo the mirrors of the soul, regain my progress with meditation, etc. On the bright side, a handful of the negative traits from my last mirror of the soul have dissipitated. Some due to active effort, others because I’ve become more mature as an adult. I hope…

I found this interesting bit of data on Rawn Clark’s old site. Bardon Questionnaire Report. It’s a survey of 500 IIH practitioners from 2002.

That’s all for now.

1 Like

There’s tons of junk fluttering around in my mind. Sometimes I get the subjective impression that my thoughts are like little dots floating on a screen in front of me. They rise up to the top and then fade out of view.

Upon introspection, I’ve noticed that my elemental balance as a person has shifted. Specifically I’ve more in tune with earth and water then I ever was before. I’m unsure how much value categorizing personality traits with the elements has, but it’s interesting to think about.

1 Like

Quick update:

Everything is going pretty well. My progress in meditation has been pretty fast, my mind is much calmer than before. Stuff still comes up, but the gap between interruptions is longer. I will probably move on to the next phase in a few days.

1 Like

It’s very interesting that whatever media I have been consuming most frequently the last few days pops up in my mind during meditation.

I moved on to concentration upon a single thought last week. I can go around 45 seconds without interruptions now.

At varying times of day meditation is easier or harder for me. Unsurprisingly it’s easier when I already have a calm mind. However with enough time I can relax my mind pretty well when I am more emotionally turbulent.

On the subject of energy, I consistently find that I try too hard to control it. For example, when I’ve practiced with pore breathing in the past I put far too much effort in it. I did the same with Robert Bruce’s energy work system. I’m getting better to though, and I’ve noticed that my control of energy is much more relaxed, making it a lot easier.

Generally my routine is the following:

1.Do the sword banishing or the Circle of Power to start

1. Ground my energy. Breathe dirty energy down, and clean up for a few breaths.

2. Meditate, starting with observation of thoughts for 2 minutes, then concentration on a single thought of my choosing.

3. Practice breathing in energy to succeed in my goals as described in IIH step 1.

4. Do the mirror model. Set some intentions.

5. Profit?

1 Like

I still do pretty much the same routine. I’m making fine progress, but it’s apparent that this will be a long journey. On some days there are more thoughts in my mind than others. When I’m observing my thoughts this is definitely noticeable, however things tend to quiet down once I start concentrating on whatever thought I’ve chosen for the day.

At the moment I’ve been choosing completely mundane and arbitrary points of focus. Like whatever pen is on my desk at the moment. Maybe at some point I’ll try out abstract concepts.

I notice that after more than a few minutes of thinking about the same thought it tends to gain momentum and gradually drowns out any mental chatter that appears alongside it. Meditation really does shine a light on some interesting aspects of the mind. It’s like there are two parallel trains of thought. One actively directed by the greater self observing, and the other by the ego mind. When I actively direct my focus on a single point, this mental chatter that sometimes occurs in parallel feels much more distant, and my identification with it is significantly weaker, it’s like it is far away.

Intentions created with the mirror model are coming along nicely. I tend to shift gears into normal life immediately after this session, so thinking too much about any manifestations is never a problem.

2 Likes

My life is busy, but it’s a good busy. I find that having something to focus on, a goal in the present tense, gives me fulfillment.

Meditation is going well although my progress has slowed a bit. Just observing my mind without reacting is easy.

As for single pointedness it’s not easy. Right now I can maintain single pointed focus for about 50 seconds. I also notice that focusing my attention on different parts of my body affects meditation. Focusing on the front of my head makes it easier to stay focused for me.

As I practice more I find that I tend to physically relax more in meditation, and I’m not as tense about doing it “well”.

This morning I found that I can maintain my focus on a single thought for about 2 - 3 minutes. Often at the end of a session I feel an urge to just empty my mind and see how long I can keep it empty. Today I did that as well and kept my mind empty for roughly 2 minutes. That said, I have not moved on to the next part of step 1 mental, my main goal is still single pointed focus on an arbitrary thought.

When focusing on emptiness of mind I feel extremely relaxed, and natural, like excess thought is truly a burden. Sometimes I notice at the edge of my mind a thought is brewing, but unlike when I just observe my mind, the emptiness overwhelms the thought and it’s never even born in the first place. A tangible feeling of silence is noticeable.

On another note, I got full results for one of the goals I was performing the energy breathing technique for.

1 Like

I don’t have much to report, I just wanted to note some observations on energy vampirism.

I don’t know a lot about it, but I sometimes mess around with it, for better or worse. I find that it works best with people in public, if I already know someone and have a link to them it can work well too.

I thought that I would be less sensitive to energy, not having active psychic senses and all, but certain people have vastly different tastes.

There are certain people who have much more appealing energy, and others with a lower quality.

I find that taking lower quality energy is a bit akin to food poisoning, although whatever energy I take needs a bit to digest.

I’m not sure if the ability to digest energy naturally can be developed, but I bet that it can with enough practice. It’s definitely a source of energy I want to explore

2 Likes

Energy Work:

I’ve come to realize that I need to actually study qigong or some other full system of energy work. I feel like my understanding of energy is lacking. I know how to move energy with my mind, but I want to fill in the gaps and start to develop under a well practiced system.

The amount of research necessary is a bit daunting, thankfully I have a long time until I die so I’ll get a handle on things eventually. I’ll probably start with picking up the 8 brocades.

I hear one can gain supernatural powers from reaching step 8 & ever since I’ve done thought observation my clairaudience has been permanently developed & opened, no seriously I can physically hear spirits, & no ones around me, did this happen for you, I love my new supernatural powers,

& once one completes all 8 steps you can go into franz bardon’s third grimoire & create quabba-list-stic formula spells, like teleportation, levitation even astral travel, I plan to create a astral traveling formula that works for everyone