Parasitic entities

What is difference between Goetic Spirits (hate using the word demon) and Parasitic entities that feed off of fear , hatred , dogma and prejudice?

I’m fairly familiar with the Goetia although I have never performed a ritual besides burning stuff in a fire while calling out to Baal and Beliel.
I have never been possessed though.
Maybe a few drunken accidents but I have always recovered and no one got hurt besides myself.

I’ve probably made every magical mistake you can think concerning these entities but I seem to be fine.
I heard being drunk is huge no no.
Guilty of that one.

Now what are these things that drive people absolutely crazy to where they act almost animalistic and feral?
The kind of stuff Christians blow out of context and call “demonic possession”?

1 Like

Before you reply - please make an introduction post. It’s a forum rule.

Same as the difference between a person and a roundworm. Species, intelligence, ability to communicate, goals, values and behaviour are all so different you can’t compare them
(Only astral “roundworms” are very large, black and malignant.) There are many forms/species of ‘parasite’ too - from thoughtforms to actual entities… people can create them with negative emotions, benign entities can attach by mistake, some are predators more than parasites.

Now what are these things that drive people absolutely crazy to where they act almost animalistic and feral?

Darned if I know… I call that religious hysteria myself, it’s not always got anything to do with daemons. Don’t really see the value for a black mage allowing the loss of control like that.

2 Likes