OT discussion about quantum physics etc

Actually has nothing to do with me and nothing needs to mature as the theory isn’t mine.

My goodness, the reason that you are taking such a beating on this thread is that you cannot understand the simplest concepts. Pardon me, but it does take some effort for me to think down to your level so I’ll try my best to be as simple as possible. My point was that magick cannot make the impossible, possible. Magick cannot make a bowling ball rocket upwards in to the sky. Magick can make the unlikely possible. Then for some reason you bring up common, everyday happenings, which have happened billions of times in the history of man, and state that these billion-time natural occurrences defy the laws of physics. Really??? Billions of people have died in the history of mankind due to organ failures. It probably happens 10,000 times a day. And billions of people throughout history of suffered from skin boils. There is no law of quantum physics that prevents humans from suffering organ failure or skin boils. So your statement: “according to QP magic should not be ablet[sic] to do that” is absolutely absurd since quantum physics does not inhibit common human ailments.

1 Like

Holy fuck this thread is a dumpster fire.

The original point by the OP was sound, even if his example wasn’t ‘correct’. It was bloody fucking close enough to get the intended point across, but people start arguing over the fucking semantics of ‘oh the example is incorrect wah’.

We’re occultists, not quantum physicists or whatever the fucking term is.

3 Likes

Sorry. Didn’t mean any disrespect.

1 Like

If you’re unaware there’s an argument in the philosophy of Mathematics over whether the mathematician deduces a piece of information which already exists, or whether it was essentially created by their conception.

And this concerns Mathematics, whose proofs are unbreakable due to being exactly defined values and strings of logic. As opposed to Physics, which is based on measurement and ostensibly immutable premises (laws) which do apparently exist in our universe. However, if consciousness precedes matter, and the latter comes from the former, these laws can be arbitrary.

They certainly don’t exist in the Astral plane?

It’s also important to remember Godel’s proof where all knowledge is unknowable and not necessarily able to be confirmed.

Our existence seems malleable at the behest of applied will.

2 Likes

I’ve made this its own topic and Unlisted it so it won’t clutter the main forum, not sure if there’s anywhere productive left to go here but I will drop in a quick reminder of forum rules regarding insults, etc. :+1:

Meanwhile hopefully @C.Kendall’s topic is back on-track and on-topic from here.

1 Like

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I agree with some of the things you say for a change. The intellectual insults, yes I see as well, which you started. And I agree I can’t really think at your level. I probably once could have, sometime many, many years ago. You still haven’t stated anything remotely coherent in regards to disproving my statements. I stated that magic cannot overrule the physical laws of the universe, you stated it can then curiously followed it up with examples that have ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do magic overcoming physics??? Your argument couldn’t possibly be more incoherent. Please explain on how a natural occurrence that has happened literally billions of times is an aberration of the laws of physics. Let me explain it for you-IT’S NOT!!! So now you realize you are badly beaten in the argument so now you have to resort to making threats that you are going to magickally kill me with organ failure. Let me tell you something kid-threats are for amateurs. Real men act, not threaten. The only people who make threats are the ones who are too weak to act.

I have removed what appeared to be either an exceptionally poor choice or words or a veiled threat, and cautioned that member about it.

Threats are against the rules of this forum, period. I am going to close this now with thanks to all who posted sensible replies.

1 Like