Origin story?

Hello, I have found a great deal of knowledge on the origin stories on the various gods but I have not been able to find origin story of any magic practice. I have asked 2 different times and nobody says anything along the lines of an origin story or points me to a book. I would greatly appreciate all your help.

Modern occultism was born because my prophet, Aleister Crowley, consumed a lot of drugs and fucked a lot of people

5 Likes

who were the people? :joy::joy:

Too many to be counted, his sex life was excessive but very productive

2 Likes

If he didn’t get over 500 to become a space adventurer it’s ok :laughing:

Sorry, I don’t get your reference, but I hope you noticed that Crowley’s sex life and consumtion of drugs is even in the concepts that Koetting distorts (which is not bad nor good) in his books and in the bibliographies of the authors of a lot of books from the past century and the current century in the field of occult sciences, wheter they like to admit it or not

Lol, yes the modern Occult I do understand.

I am talking about Nigerian Magick, Runes, even the Magick of the Native Americans.

The rituals and certain things must come from somewhere. Thoth is said to have given the Egyptians the Emerald Tablet. But the Emerald Tablet does not explain ritual merely the existence of such. How did ritual come into play and why are such words considered keys.

2 Likes

Nah, it wasn’t really a reference, that’s something which someone said once and I considered it to be very funny, but it was in a little different context

1 Like

How is this? On what is based?

I think you need to search in the scholar google and not here. I know a guy who had to get books in German in order to get deeper knowledge about Sumerian magick, so I would look for answer in history and archaeology and not in the occult itself, where things get really distorted, you know, there are Wiccans that believe that they are actually doing ancient forest people magick

1 Like

Theres some really weird shit going in my country, about curses which comes from a different origin of magick, nothing like in the books

1 Like

and your country is…

There was someone who reached out to me once and taught me little about their ways. They deal with capturing the spirits of their ancestors and using them as powerful energy channels.

The U S of A

1 Like

The magick of the natives of my country was pulled out of their own asses

I am very good at learning language this is not a problem. I do not wish to create my own form of magic I am interested in finding that which my ancestors practiced long ago. I am the type of person that does not dive into things without knowing the basics first. The basics to me are origins. Could you reach out to him and ask what books he looked into? that would be incredibly helpful. I actually know German too so that is coincidental.

Are you saying that they practice fake magic? or are you saying that without any divine help they were able to understand that which is inconceivable to any of us?

What country is that?

but I think that many countries from africa have their own magick, no? I’m curious to know what is the magick used in burkina faso, ghana, togo, etc :slight_smile:

Im from srilanka (i dont think you have heard of it) in here sorcerers use mantras and stuff to manipulate people. And the worse thing is about curses, its a sick use of magick in here and its really cheap but the effects are powerful mostly death

Mostly performed in cemeteries and on dead animals for curses

1 Like