Oriens sigil for Contact

There’s a very well known sigil for Amaymon from the Books of Pope Honorius, but I can’t seem to find one for Oriens. Does anyone know if there is one?

“Oriens” or “Uriens”, appears to be a newish UPG entity, possibly a thoughtform, from VK Jehannum, so, no there’s no sigil unless you make one for yourself. The Rose Cross method is popular for this.

I thought this reddit post about him was informative:
https://www.reddit.com/r/DemonolatryPractices/comments/acf5cn/is_there_a_sigil_and_an_enn_for_oriens_uriens/

He’s not an Unverified Personal Gnosis entity or thought form. He has a historical background.
Saying he’s the same as Uriens is just something demonolaters like VK jehannum say about many entities. He’s deeply rooted into the 218 current which is massively Qliphoth centered, and sees everything through an anticomsic, polytheistic lense.

Honestly don’t see a reason to believe that idea besides “he said so”. (Which is sadly the logic many left handers love using) Even if it was true, I have no desire to deal with his energy in that manner.

1 Like

2 Likes

Ah, so you’re saying “Oriens” is NOT an alternate spelling to “Uriens”. Makes sense to me, thanks!

I’m not personally a fan of the reductionism game either, I just didn’t know.

1 Like

Oriens is a spirit found in the Sacred Magick of Abramelin the Mage. He is said to be in charge of the legion of spirits connected to the famous SEQOR money square.

2 Likes

Can only money square be found in the book of Abramelin? There doesn’t seem to be a personal sigil for him.

Some people say he is Orias from the Goetia and use that seal to call him but there doesn’t seem to be any consensus on that.

However, in The Grimorium Verum, the seal of Oriens is given as thus:

And you can find a clearer version here:

1 Like

I’m assuming those characters up top the images can be used to evoke them. I’ve done so with angels before with astrology symbols. I could try it. :+1:

I just find it funny how he seems popular enough for his power in riches and Magick but no one has much to say on him regarding experiences.

1 Like

Yeah, the seals are the symbols in the upper left.

He’s not a popular name, that’s for sure. Probably because the majority of people limit themselves to only the Goetia and think that is the be all and end all of demonology. Oriens belongs to the grimoire tradition, which most modern mages do not work within.

He’s also a sub-prince in the hierarchy so he’s often only invoked as a secondary name, rather than a primary. I’m curious now. He might just need a summons soon.

1 Like

I just called on Amaymon recently and he’s actually really low-key. And I wanna know about Oriens now. So please let me know how it went if you contact him. I’ll be curious.

I’d actually pay you to get a direct sigil from him, ngl. :grin:

I’m gonna do Lucifer and the Hidden Demons later, maybe he’ll oblige!

@anon95161077 This is my upg on the Sigil of Oriens-

See if it works for you.

1 Like