Onion's Art and Crafts Journal šŸŽØ

Love your art. Keep up the good work!

2 Likes

Thank you! :laughing::purple_heart:

1 Like

I love art so much. Your stuff is amazing!
I myself normally just use photoshop but I bought a sketch book a few days ago and hope to fill it (this time for real!!) I might even try watercolor or pastels I found from my old school. Your stuff is very inspiring and makes me wanna draw now! Ive been watching an asmr video on youtube lately where a lady does Japanese style art. I think you might find it interesting so iā€™ll pass on the link! This video comes in three parts so checkā€™em out!

Keep on drawing and never quit!

1 Like

Thank you! Iā€™m glad I was able to inspire you! :purple_heart:

Without clicking the link Iā€™m assuming itā€™s Kaiteki Art, I love their work. Itā€™s so relaxing! I recommend Akihito Yoshitomi for anatomy, Alphonso Dunn for sketching and pen and stuff, and another channel for some explaination of how things work, I donā€™t remember the name so Iā€™ll edit and add it here.

Enjoy drawing, and remember itā€™s okay to not finish a piece :muscle::purple_heart:. I have 2 pieces that are still in the outlines.

Edit: moderndayjames - they mostly do digital art, but the princples are same imo.

3 Likes

Oh definitely, I always enjoy drawing even when it frustrates me! lol

I just started working on a piece for a friend recently but Iā€™ve found myself really stuck on where to go with it. I kinda wanna give it up but since itā€™s for a friend I need to see it throughā€¦ Maybe some of the youtubers you gave me can help me overcome my little block. haha Thanks again. <3

Also yes, it was Kaiteki Art. :joy:

1 Like

Michael, WIP 2

Havenā€™t been working on this since a few days. Iā€™m taking a little break, so I wanted to share the additional progress.

I was afraid of drawing the face, but you must sometimes say ā€œfuck itā€ and do it anyway. I like the result.

8 Likes

Holy shit this is really great! I love the detail!

1 Like

Thank you! ^^

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

You have awesome talent. My intuition was suggesting for me to experiment, and use your drawings as sigils. Keep it going! :metal:t4:

2 Likes

Thank you! :sob::purple_heart:
My drawings as sigils?! :flushed::purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:
Iā€™ll send you the complete one in a document if you want to do so. I have a chunk of time today so Iā€™ll be working on the Michael drawing.

6 Likes

Michael, Completed

Ah, Iā€™m feeling excited to share this piece with all of you! Excited and a bit ā€œ:grimacing:ā€ , idk I feel a little icky about the right side of wings. I think the total time it took was 6-8 hours or something? I didnā€™t keep track. I hyperfixated and well, you donā€™t really look at the clock when youā€™re hyperfixated.

I almost, almost stopped today. While doing the right side of the armor I got very confused and a tad bit overwhelmed, thinking Michael might not like it but he told me that he loved it so far and motivated me to keep going. Thank you, Michael.

I signed at the place I didnā€™t know what to do. The reference picture did not cover the legs so um, I did my best :joy:. The armor design was different too so I it was tricky to get the lighting right. If the lower half looks awkward, itā€™s because I donā€™t know shit about armors or how theyā€™re designed. And I was too lazy too look up one. I was about to go in with an eraser for final touches but Michael gave a stern no and told me to go with pencil only, if I think there needs to be final touches.

I havenā€™t figured out how to properly scan it yet, but Iā€™d like to scan and keep it in a document. (Any good scanner apps for phones? Please let me know, itā€™ll be very useful.)

I have a big project in mind. A really big one, both in idea and time. Iā€™ll probably join the art club in college. Iā€™ll either be drawing a bigger piece of Lucifer, or King Paimon. King Paimonā€™s will be a bit more complex because of the elements and Luciferā€™s because of the details :thinking: Weā€™ll see.

Till next time :wave:

7 Likes

Fuck yea its done! Congrats!!
I totally get you on being hyperfixated on a piece. I have started works myself and feel Iā€™ve only been at them for half an hourā€¦ only to look at the clock and see 3 hours have passed. My reaction every time ā€œWait- what?!ā€ :expressionless:

I wish I could do i deeper examination of this pic but sadly im on my lunch break and dont have the time.

Im so glad Michael liked it! And your so blessed you can communicate with him and experience his help throughout it all. I made a promise to myself that Iā€™d draw the archangels too, only i suck at drawing people, so theyre dragons now.

:woman_shrugging:

For the record armor is a right bitch to draw. I know when I draw them I and up messing up the shadows soooo bad.

Oooohhh cant wait to hear more about this. :smiley:

I told you before I just started trying to reach out to him and oh boy I would love to see you draw him! I would love to do that too someday butā€¦i have yet to see what he looks like. XD

Augh. I love art. Balg needs more artists around so i can gush about it with them. :rofl:

2 Likes

Thank you! :purple_heart::purple_heart::purple_heart:

The time blindness is real :joy: I hate stopping once I get in the groove.

I suck at anatomy too! I bought an anatomy book years ago and itā€™s collecting dust. Iā€™ve started practicing though. Iā€™ll draw King Paimon once I understand a bit more about shapes. Akihito Yoshitomi- best channel for anatomy. He doesnā€™t talk, itā€™s only drawing and building with basic shapes. The ASMR is a bonus.

Your dragons are really cool, I love how you color! :heart_eyes:

Adrin is another amazing artist here!

2 Likes

Stop playin wit us :joy::joy::+1:t5:

1 Like

Damnnn :fire::fire::fire:

1 Like

fr tho I need to work on my patience before I pick them up again :joy:

Edit:

Thank you! ^^ :purple_heart:

Well if worst comes to worst until then you could draw them as comic or cartoon bodies while making sure King Paimon knows itā€™s only temporary and then dedicate the ones that come out right to him (because cartoonists draw the body and limbs as circles and ovals for the starter outlines and then fill in shade and erase unneeded leftover lines at the end) all the cartoonists videos showing how they do it make it look fairly easy (NOTE: I say they make it LOOK easy not that it is).

Add: Iā€™m no artist although Iā€™ve copied cartoon images before freehand fairly successfully (but donā€™t ask for me to draw from my head I have trouble with that) but I know from my being able to copy cartoon characters like lady death that itā€™s not too hard or I couldnā€™t have done it (but I donā€™t start with circles like they say to, I start with the outlines)

2 Likes

Circles help outline the muscles imo. I had attented a comic making workshop in 5th grade and he used circles and ovals to outline bodies. For something close to who youā€™re drawing you have to draw the shape of the muscles. Some are cylindrical, some are triangular, etc.

I make drafts for my ideas in stick figures and circles ^^

1 Like

I use circles and other shapes all the time to set a foundation for my art. Really helps quickly plan out something. Theres also a trick call gesture drawing, I learned this while taking an art class in high school and college. Theyre very small sketches of typically just lines. You can also invest in one of those pose-able wooden figures that are commonly found in art stores. I have one myself thats more anime themed and has lots of joints in it to get plenty of dynamic poses.

2 Likes