Onion's Art and Crafts Journal 🎨

Hello Everyone!

This will be a journal of all my art- specifically of spirits, and other things I see during meditations and/or visions. I really want to expand my art, because it’s my dream to make an oracle deck one day and contribute to the occult/magick community mainly through art.

I don’t have a lot of experience with watercolors and anatomy as much as I have with pencil and inking and anime characters, but I went “fuck it” and go all out on every piece I make. Eventually I get hyperfocused on it and get it done.

Today I want to share a painting I made of Lucifer, one moment of the many I saw. There aren’t a lot of facial features except the eyebrows, and it’s a very basic painting but the cleanest and the most beautiful watercolor I ever did without overthinking and ruining it.

Sorry about the bad lighting, still learning how t
to take pictures of drawings.

I also tried to paint his eyes:

I tried to bring the fire quality his eyes sometimes get, like they’re burning similar to the sun. You’ll know what I’m talking about, because I’m pretty sure all of us have seen him with the golden eyes at some point. I can see it on paper in front of me, but I’m not sure if the camera was able to capture it.

That’s all for today. I was about to draw King Paimon next, but I can’t find a proper reference picture.

I will update this journal when I make a new piece. There’s another WIP, of ink, but I ran out of black. And the black I had used was old and it looks…blue. So, there’s that.

Until next timeđź’ś

11 Likes

New WIP

I’ve been sketching for around 40 minutes? My shoulders are…not relaxed. Luckily my back is fine. Sat properly for as long as I remember.

I found a reference picture but the angle is hard to get down, and I can’t seem to get the lips or iris right. The one on top is good, but the lips not so much. For the lower one it’s just…meh.

I found an amazing reference for King Paimon though! It’s much bigger than this one.

I might go freehand and go ahead with watercolor on this one. No pencil, no eraser. One and done.

If you know any good scanning apps for mobile please let me know

5 Likes

Nope, watercolor is even worse. Someone should take them away from me for now.

1 Like

King Paimon practice sketches.

The piece that I’m planning for him is big. I was considering inking it. So I haven’t decided if I should go with a marker or gel pen, because I haven’t decided if I’ll draw it on paper or cardstock.

The reference for the facial structure is Jaye Davidson (who is incredibly handsome). I was going for a Jaye Davidson style for the hair but um…graphite tends to slide over itself.

The face is not what I was going for. It looks soft and not as sharp as I wanted it to look. The King Paimon I see has very bold, masculine features and strong eyes which reflect your own image to you. Everything from the way he talks to his posture radiates elegance and that regal-ness. It’s overwhelming, it’s breathtaking, and it’s amazing.

I did draw hand too, because I wanted to highlight the rings. I haven’t covered them in as much detail, and might have added a bit of personal bias to the design (the chains) (King Paimon uses subtle gestures that hold the ability to change the atmosphere, and his eyes and eyebrows affect you).

One for the surrounding, one for the soul.

The little bead thingy is a curtain that’s behind him. It’s translucent and has a bit of shimmer. If you’ve seen beaded “curtains” with seashells, it’s similar to that. But it’s not seashells.

I probably should’ve drawn on a bigger scale and been bolder, and let the buzzing in my hands take over while I was laying down the lines and shading. Maybe it would’ve turned out better.

I have forgotten how to use my shading pencils, but that’s alright. I can always re-learn it.

This is not the final sketch, this is just a practice, but I still made it with King Paimon in my mind, so I believe you could say it’s sort of dedicated to him?

I don’t know what I’ll practice next. There’s a good chance it’ll be anatomy. My backgrounds are fine.

4 Likes

King Paimon draft, also practice no.2

I will ink it now. I’ll add details in the face later, because if I don’t finalise the rest I’ll spend too much time on the face. I only have a dot pen, I can’t find my gel pen. But the dot pen is smooth. I’ll see how it goes, if it doesn’t look like what I expected it to look, I will re-do it some other time.

The pink thing is my eraser. The camera wouldn’t focus on the drawing without it.

I took the pic with my phone brightness up. I need to find a good scanner for my phone.

Trying different methods:

:thinking: Just thinking. Good thing it’s a draft and not the actual piece.

7 Likes

Free-hand stuff

The floor of when I went to meet Lord Belial:

It’s not as vibrant as I thought it would be. It’s watercolor after all, and I’m still at the beginning stages of learning how to use it. The lava lines are good, the almost black floor though? Not so much. It should’ve been darker. My black is:

Almost over. I have black but it’s a different type of paint.

Azazel, to be specific, him walking in front of me:

Putting it out there: I think he looks very attractive. He really does. He has a sharp, androgynous handsomeness to himself.

That is his sword. The blade is not white. It reminds me of obsidian. An obsidian long sword? Black mist flows from it when he raises it, which I believe is when he imbues it with his energy. It’s there, but not always (still deadly and sharp af). The hilt is very fancy, with carvings and it maybe narrows the space between the actual handle and the design, allowing a tighter grip while still looking sophisticated. This is all a bunch of stuff I think, I have not verified it with him. But if you wish to, you can and please let me know as well.

I didn’t want to freehand a sketch because honestly, I’m not feeling too good right now. I have a headache, I’m not having fulfilling sleep, I’m having trouble balancing and I’m stressed.

Anyways, I put it through a scanner and…

I like that it looks better, especially his hair. I see him with long, silky hair. But his cloak looks weird. I put the floor painting through the scanner and the black wasn’t even visible!

I’m gonna stick to phone pictures till I find the best way to take pics. No scanner. I’m gonna forget it’s on my phone and whine about why I’m losing space :joy:

Till next time!
-:purple_heart:

5 Likes

Damn your really good that King Paimon was incredibly good :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

Thank you :sweat_smile::purple_heart: I’m gonna make it a full page one once I get a marker and time.

2 Likes

Lord Belial

It’s been a few days since I started my working with him. I haven’t seen seen him, but this is the only form I saw. In a hood, with it’s shadow covering half of his face. I did see another form, where he had horns. But not too clearly for me to remember.

Mode: Pencil and paper.

I used my shading pencils and I’m really proud of the folds.

There’s something up with the 8B pencil because it slides. The graphite slides and it’s just very uneven when it comes to it’s intensity.

Time taken: don’t remember.
I didn’t track when I started and I took a picture after it was completed so I don’t know when I stopped.

Until next time!
-:purple_heart:

7 Likes

Looks gorgeous as always!

1 Like

Thank you! ^^

1 Like

Thank you for the art!

2 Likes

Love this :relieved::fire::fire:

1 Like

Thank you :relieved::purple_heart:

2 Likes

Today is Rakhi and I got this as a gift!

My entrance exam is on 12th September. Since it’s pretty close (and everyday I try hard to not lose my shit because of it) I probably will not be making any detailed pieces.

It is very tempting to use all the new stuff though.

Till next time!

4 Likes

An attempt at drawing Azazel , not an elf.

WIP? IP? It’s just a W.

Draft sketch. I couldn’t not draw this, so I didn’t spend too much time on the details because it felt like an urgency. I didn’t feel like posting this while I was filling out the lines, not because I thought it looked bad though.

I don’t know, if I feel uneasy after posting it I might delete it in sometimes.

Till next time! :purple_heart:

7 Likes

Skulls practice-pen

A ram and a human skull, for pieces I have planned for Azazel and Lord Belial. My back (and my leg) is tired because of my bad posture. It’s good the internet exists. Maybe I would’ve needed to dig up a skeleton from the ground in ancient times :joy:

That is the pen I used. I didn’t use a pencil or make a rough sketch.

Close ups:

Till next time :wave:

8 Likes

We have the same marble floor lmao :joy:

1 Like

:joy::joy::joy:

Michael, WIP

I have been meaning to draw him for a while, yesterday he requested one in a specific pose he had in mind. It is almost half done.

Time taken: 2-3 hours.

Each feather in his wing was drawn and shaded individually.

This is my magnum opus for 2021. His presence was constant, light flickering, phone glitching, stuff he likes to do including small orbs of light.

Till next time :wave:

7 Likes