Notes and recipes

I’m newish to mixing my own herb infused oils, incenses, powders, herb blends etc…so will use this to compile whatever and whenever I make something new. Feedback is appreciated. If I’m doing something wrong, would love to learn more how to do better. Thanks💚

Valentine’s day blend - dry herb mix to incorporate into homemade candles
(I already put this as a reply to the thread that Mulberry started for a Valentine’s day group working) for love, happiness, good luck, beauty, romantic and/or sexual attraction
Blue vervain, coltsfoot, deer’s tongue, hibiscus, rose, lavender, yellowdock, marshmallow herb, gentian, cinnamon, thyme

For study and concentration (incense)
Mastic, cinnamon, bergamot, myrrh, rosemary

For concentration, memory, knowledge, success, strength - herb infused oil (basically to help me survive this semester of school)
Rose, cascara Sagrada, galangal, balm of gilead, cloves, lavender, sage, ambergris, bay, Rosemary, honeysuckle

17 Likes

Mental health mix for sachet/gris gris:
(Gris gris bags typically have 3-13 ingredients in odd numbers i.e. 3, 5, 7, 9, 11, 13)
Acacia
Psychic powers, protection, psychic & spiritual enhancement, money, love, friendship, power; joy
Element: Air, Planet: Sun

Arnica
inner strength, protection, vitality, happiness; strength; healing magic, health, lifting spirits and healing depression; banishing, protect from harmful spirits
Element: fire, Planet: sun, Astrological signs: leo, aries, aquarius, Chakra: solar plexus

Calendula
Protection, legal matters, psychic/spiritual powers, wealth, love, reclaiming boundaries, sun energy, happiness, strength; prosperity love, harmony, healing
Element: fire, Planet: sun, Astrological sign: leo, Chakras: solar plexus, heart

Elderberries
emotional balance, healing, intuition; sleep, releasing enchantments, protection against negativity, wisdom, blessing, curse/hex removal, astral travel; blessing business
Elements: water, air; Planet: Venus; Astrological signs: sagittarius, aquarius, libra Chakras: throat, root

Lavender
sleep, peace, cleansing, happiness, clarity, longevity, love, peace, chastity, protection, tranquility; relaxation, purification, clarity, calm to mind, love spells, attraction, cleansing, healing, longevity, dream magic, divination;
Element: Air, Planets: Mercury, Venus, Astrological signs: Gemini, Virgo; Chakra: crown

Passion Flower
calming; soothing to the spirit; quells disquietude, calms the ruminating mind, promote natural relaxation, helps in coping with stress; calm a restless mind.
Element: water Planet: venus Chakra: third eye

Rose
love, happiness, divination, protection, beauty, healing, luck, psychic powers; relationships, friendships; glamour magic; relaxation; sexuality, attraction; domestic peace; close friendships; attract luck and good spirits
Deities: Hathor, Hulda, Eros, Cupid, Demeter, Isis, Adonis, Harpocrates, Aurora;
Element: water, Planet: Venus, Astrological sign: Taurus, Chakras: sacral, heart

Witch’s Grass
happiness, love, lust, luck, protection, attraction, exorcism, obstacle remover; uncrossing, hex breaking; dispel depression; invite positive energy and luck into space
Element: earth; Planets: jupiter, saturn; Astrological sign: sagittarius; Chakra: root

Rainbow moonstone:
Promote happiness, combat mood swings, soothes and calms emotions and inner self, creativity, passion, balance
Element: water, planet: moon; astrological sign: cancer, Chakras: third eye, crown

Hexing (stuffing for doll/poppet): patchouli, mullein, Bayberry, Chicory, Knotgrass, Sassafras, Wormwood, Yarrow, Spanish moss, sulfur, tansy

Hexing powder:
Chili/cayenne, asofoetida, graveyard dirt, black pepper, black cobra pellets (powdered), wormwood (powdered), sulfur, spider webs, ground centipedes

7 Likes

In loving memory of Baby, my cat that passed away last summer. At the time, I made a healing gris gris that I brought to the hospital. Unfortunately the cancer was just too advanced at that point. Luckily, in the end, she passed painlessly and I had a few days with her that week to say goodbye.
This is the mix, with a few edits because I can’t read my handwriting on the piece of paper I wrote it on.

For a sick cat:
Angelica
Burdock
Carnations
Catnip
Eucalyptus
Juniper berry
Lavender
Red clover
Sage
Amethyst
Pinch of the cat’s fur from their brush/wherever

6 Likes

2 questions (about the cat healing gris gris)…

Does that work for other animals as well?

Do you also have one for people?

2 Likes

Yes, should be fine for other animals.

I’m working on it but should have one up soon. Thank you for your interest! Trying to make something daily at the moment.

2 Likes

Healing gris-gris

Arnica

inner strength, protection, healing magic; health; offering, vitality, happiness; strength; lifting spirits and healing depression, banishing harm and negativity;

Element: Fire; Planet: Sun; Zodiac: Leo, Aries, Aquarius; Chakra: Solar plexus; Energy: Masculine

Angelica

exorcism, break hexes, protection, healing, visions; prevent illness, break hexes, banishing, protection from unwanted energy or magic sent to you; aid healing magic; build female and creative energy; banish harmful spirits; remove unwanted spells; increase luck in gambling; avoid if pregnant

Element: Fire; Planet: Sun, Mercury, Venus; Zodiac: Cancer; Chakras: Root, heart, throat; Energy: Masculine; Deity: Venus; Tarot: The Empress

Carnations

protection, strength, healing; worn to prevent untimely death; all purpose protective spells; place in room to give healing patient strength and energy; healing spells; fresh (red best) on altar during healing rituals; add dried blossom to sachets and incenses for healing

Element: Fire, Planet: Sun, Energy: Masculine, Deity: Jupiter

Clove

protection, purification, mental ability, healing, exorcism, love, money; healing and protection spells (especially travel), banishing, manifestation; Add clove to any sachet or charm to tie in the protective and purifying energy to keep the charm’s action pure and focused for a longer period of time

Element: Fire; Planets: Sun, Jupiter; Zodiac: Aries; Chakra: Root; Energy: Masculine

Echinacea

fertility, healing, money, prosperity, protection, spell strength, purify any space; attract healing vibrations, good for protection and healing sachets; strengthen potency of spells; prevent illness, speed up recovery; attract wealth

Element: Earth; Planet: Mars; Energy: Masculine

Eucalyptus

healing, protection; Add to spells to strengthen their potency. Carry or wear to prevent illness and speed up recovery. Bring freshly cut flowers into the home to draw financial wealth and ensure those inside will never go without.

Element: Water; Planet: Moon; Energy: Feminine

Juniper

cleansing, funerary rites, protection rituals, and removing harmful spirits. Banishes all things injurious to good health; attracts good, healthy energies and love. Juniper berries can be carried by males to increase potency. Use a string of juniper berries to attract love. Burn for magickal protection; Sprig near the door to a home safeguards against theft; money, prosperity

Sage

purify, dispel negativity, luck, wisdom, protection, fertility, extending life; immortality, longevity, protection, purificaiton, wisdom, wishes, dealing with grief and loss; improve mental ability

Element: Air; Planet: Jupiter; Zodiac: Aquarius, Gemini, Libra; Energy: Masculine

Amethyst

Healing, spiritual growth; family, creativity, battle addiction, enhance psychic abilities, meditation and spirituality

Element: Air; Planet: Jupiter; Zodiac: Pisces, Aquarius; Chakra: Third Eye

Heart Healing/Love

Oil with infused herbs or sachet
Base oil: avocado, apricot, jojoba or olive

Balm of Gilead

love, manifestation, protection, healing; de-stressing, and assisting in healing from the loss of a loved one. Use in love sachets; carry for healing, protection, and mending a broken heart. Use to dress candles for any form of magickal healing. Burn to attract spirits
Element: Water; Planet: Venus; Energy: Feminine

Coltsfoot

More for love

Burn as an incense for divination and healing. Healing respiratory ailment; wealth, prosperity, love, spring/sun rituals, tranquility, money, divination, healing; mix with oranges to form a protection charm; burned in incense or added to sachets/pouches for love and to bring visions along with positive energy to any of your magical workings. It can also be used in incense for healing physically, mentally and spiritually. Coltsfoot can be brought into love workings to bring a lover back to you or sprinkle around the home to attract a new partner.

Element: Water; Planet: Venus; Zodiac: Gemini; Chakra: Throat; Energy: Feminine;

Rose

love, happiness, divination, protection, beauty, healing, luck, psychic powers; relationships, friendships; stimulate love, love mixtures; love spells; love baths; prophetic dreams (if drank as tea before sleep), healing spells/mixtures; alleviate headache; use in spellwork in beauty and glamour magic; relax; boost sexuality, attract love; domestic peace/happiness; lasting relationships; divine love; close friendships; healing; attract luck and good spirits;

Element: water, Planet: Venus; Zodiac: Taurus, Chakras: sacral, heart; Energy: Feminine; Deities: Hathor, Hulda, Eros, Cupid, Demeter, Isis, Adonis, Harpocrates, Aurora

Hawthorne Berries

increase fertility (often brought into wedding ceremonies, especially if in spring); protect home from evil; powerful heart healing, encourages self-love & acceptance; develop courage; attracting money and wealth, increase sales and customers, attraction of men.; sacred to faeries, is part of the fairy triad of Britain ‘Oak, Ash, Thorn’ and where all these trees grow together is said that one can see faeries

Element: Fire; Planet: Mars; Chakra: Heart

Lemon Balm (Melissa)

to influence love; soak herb in wine for several hours then strain and share with a friend; carry herb to attract love; magical healing; healing sachets; use in spells to ensure success; rub herb on hives to attract bees

Witch hazel

Divination, wisdom, protection, banishing, mending heartbreak, banishing, protection, and hex removing spells. It can be made into a tea as well when done safely and may help mend broken hearts and release unwanted emotions. Medicinal use in form of extract/hydrosol/tincture for topical application to skin; carry to ease grief over a lost love; hang in doorways/windows for protection; carry leaves if experiencing heavy emotions (eg heartbreak); used to create divining rods

Element: Fire; Planets: Sun, Saturn; Zodiac: Aquarius; Chakras: Heart, Solar plexus; Energy: Masculine

Rose Quartz

Self healing, self love, unconditional and universal love; calm atmosphere; dispel negativity; fortify relationships; promote forgiveness; self-forgiveness, self-trust, self-worth

Sex Appeal Oil

carrier oil: almond, hemp seed, apricot, or olive

Cardamom

lust, love; add ground seeds to warm wine for lust potion; bake into apple pies for love pastry; love sachets and incenses

Element: Water; Planet: Venus; Energy: Feminine; Deity: Erzulie

Blue Violet

attract lust and love.

Ginger

Draws adventure and new experiences. Promotes sensuality, sexuality, personal confidence and prosperity. Adds to the strength of any mixture of which it is part, and makes it work more quickly. abundance & prosperity spells love, success, protection, luck; energetic and fiery and adds power to any magical activity; cause plans to come to fruition quickly. It can also be used in spells to add passion to an existing relationship

Element: Fire

Hibiscus

traditionally associated with love, particularly those attracting lust and passion. These flowers are also good for divination and dream magick, and can simulate wisdom and help restore the soul; love, lust, divination, dreams; clairvoyance; love magick

Element water; planet Venus; Chakra: sacral; Deity: Kali

Lavender

sleep, peace, cleansing, happiness, clarity, longevity, love, peace, chastity, protection, purification

tranquility; relaxation and purification, clarity and calm to mind, love spells, attraction spells, cleansing, healing and longevity, dream magic, divination; attract love and men (was once used by prostitutes in lavender water or essential oil to attract customers); protection, sleep, peace, relaxation

Air, Mercury, Venus, Gemini, Virgo; crown chakra; masculine/expressive

Rose

love, happiness, divination, protection, beauty, healing, luck, psychic powers; relationships, friendships; stimulate love, love mixtures; love spells; love baths; prophetic dreams (if drank as tea before sleep), healing spells/mixtures; alleviate headache; use in spellwork in beauty and glamour magic; relax; boost sexuality, attract love; domestic peace/happiness; lasting relationships; divine love; close friendships; healing; attract luck and good spirits;

Element: water, Planet: Venus; Zodiac: Taurus, Chakras: sacral, heart; Energy: Feminine; Deities: Hathor, Hulda, Eros, Cupid, Demeter, Isis, Adonis, Harpocrates, Aurora

Musk

Encourages self-esteem and desirability. Can assist in transmuting sexual love into spiritual connection. Stimulates the root chakra.

yin yang water

Not really an herb mix, but it’s something my Chinese mom does and she told me about it. It’s a way to clean your energy centers. By combining yin and yang, dark and light, cold and warm, negative and positive, etc…it is also supposed to stimulate circulation and rejuvenate the system. Also good for digestion (will make you poop) and clear skin. It’s very simple. This is all it is:
Boil water and fill a mug/cup/glass about 2/3 with the hot water. Fill the rest with cold water, then chug the whole thing immediately before the hot and cold waters mix
I just copied this explanation from someone else who wrote about it, and was also taught by her own Asian (Korean) mom. Explains better than I can

"Hot water goes up. Cold water is heavier than hot water, so it wants to sink to the bottom of the cup. Thus we have a constant circulation within the water – and when we drink it, it creates the very same phenomena within our bodies. This circulation process is helpful for distributing the heat inside our bodies. It keeps our heads cool and clear, while heating up our lower body where all our other organs are. It is an excellent remedy for indigestion, bloating, constipation AND diarrhea (yes, both of them), since the Yin Yang water creates activity within our intestines and makes their work easier. Yin Yang water is good at any time of the day.

The women in my Asian family always tell me, “Never drink cold water! You need to keep your belly warm!” The warmth keeps the inside your tummy very active, whereas cold water keeps it in a stagnant state. Warm water is therefore better at breaking down the fat inside your intestines, which is a great plus when it comes to weight loss. And for girls, a warm tummy means stronger female organs and a healthier cycle.

It’s best to drink at the spot while the hot-cold circulation is the most active. If you naturally have a lot of heat in your body (need to stick those feet out of the covers when you sleep? enjoying the air conditioning too much? You probably have a lot of heat in your system), change up the hot-cold water proportions so that you fill up about 1/3 of the cup with boiling water and fill the rest with cold water.
If you have a cold body like me (are your hands and feet always cold? Can’t live without gloves in the winter?), you need more heat in your system. Slightly increase the amount of hot water"

6 Likes

My dog at home in China passed away today. I know she’s not in pain anymore and I’m glad for that, and that we had so many happy memories with her. She was euthanized at home with a family friend who loved her very much too. He took care of her when we weren’t around and they were good friends.
I called on Hecate right after we were told she’d passed, and asked her to help guide her to whatever is next, and to say goodbye to our dog and to let her know we love her very much.
I made an oil and herb mix for Hecate. As I made lists of herbs to use, I dunno I just felt it was right to do 7 herbs in the oil and 13 in the dry mix, and then I read that those numbers were associated with her. I also made a candle a few days ago that was meant for communicating with the dead and today, we found out our dog was suddenly very sick and wanted to go. The vet told us she had a look in her eyes and that he knew she was in a lot of pain and just wanted to sleep. I’m glad he was able to come to our home and do it there because she always hated the hospital.
She lived a long happy life, much longer than she was expected to live as a Dalmatian mutt with epilepsy. The vet told us she would live to 10-11 years and she was 15 today when she passed.
Anyways I burned a pinch of the dry herb mix with a little rubbing alcohol (so it would actually burn. I also use a flame retardant fabric as an altar cloth), then left it as an offering with some garlic, chocolate, and a flower tea, and dressed candles with the oil.

Hecate oil
Cypress, Lavender, Hyssop, Mint, Rosemary, Sage, Bay

Hecate herb mix offering/incense
Dittany of Crete, Fennel, Hyssop, Lavender, Willow, Mugwort, Mullein, Mandrake, Rosemary, Rue, Thyme, Wormwood, Teeny tiny bit of Wolf’s bane aka aconite (this is very poisonous, so be careful)
I read that the aconite is poisonous when ingested, so be very careful if you use it. I also used very little of it, so I thought it would be ok to burn a small amount of the mix.
I will post the recipe for the necromancy candle later when I find it.

Rest In Peace, Riley. We love you.
Hail Hecate!

7 Likes

Oof. I’m sorry for your loss. Dogs are special spirits, that deserve the best of what we can give. And they live too short for the amount of love they give.

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate it and completely agree- dogs are so special and loving

2 Likes

I just made a set of runes from epoxy resin and an herb mix (this is also my first try at epoxy resin crafting)

When done curing (in 72 hours) it should resemble this (this is just the product photo from Amazon)

Herbs (for divination and psychic powers)

Acacia (gum arabic)

Psychic powers, protection, psychic & spiritual enhancement, money, love, friendship, power; joy

Element: Air; Planet: Sun; Energy: Masculine; Deities: Osiris, Astarte, Ishtar, Diana, Ra

Anise

Protection, purification, youth; psychic ability, call spirits, happiness, nervousness and insomnia; stimulate psychic awareness; used to call spirits to aid in magical spells; Used in purification baths, along with bay leaves.; stimulate psychic awareness,

Element: Air; Planet: Jupiter; Energy: Masculine;

Bay

protection*, healing, strength, purification*, psychic powers; wishes; fortune, success, money and luck, business, astral projection, herb of poets; love, settle dispute/strife peacefully; exorcism, ward off negativity/evil, break hexes; communicate with the dead (as incense) protection*, healing, strength, purification*, psychic powers; wishes; fortune, success, money and luck, business, astral projection, herb of poets and ; love, settle dispute/strife peacefully. *especially; also exorcism, ward off negativity/evil, break hexes; communicate with the dead (use as incense)

Element: Fire; Planet: Sun; Zodiac: Leo; Chakras: solar plexus, third eye; Energy: masculine; Deities: Apollo, Aesculapius, Ceres, Faunus, Eros

Coltsfoot

love, visions; peace and tranquility; wealth, prosperity, love, spring/sun rituals, tranquility, money, divination, healing

Burn as an incense for divination and healing. Mix with oranges to form a protection charm; burned in incense or added to sachets/pouches for love and to bring visions along with positive energy to any magical working. It can also be used in incense for healing physically, mentally and spiritually. Coltsfoot can be brought into love workings to bring a lover back to you or sprinkle around the home to attract a new partner.

Element: Water; Planet: Venus; Zodiac: Gemini; Chakra: Throat; Energy: Feminine;

Elderberries

Exorcism; Protection; Healing; Prosperity; Sleep; astral travel, blessing, curse/hex removal, emotional balance, intuition; releasing enchantments, protection against negativity, wisdom, house blessing, business blessing; associated with Freya, Holda, Queen of the Faeries; rites of death and dying to protect the loved one during transport to the Otherworld

Healing spells; crone work, protection, divination, Beltane celebration, Venus herb; Astral Travel - drink elderberry tea before bed or sleep with a sachet with dried elderberries; Blessing - elderberry water or tea used to bless items.; Curse and Hex Removal - Bathe in elderberry tea to remove or burn a coated elderberry candle.; Emotional Balance -Drink in a tea

Healing - as a syrup it’s great for your immune system; Intuition - Anoint your third eye with elderberry tea; Elder tree was called the “Elder Mother”, queen of the underworld /faery; also associated with Pan, lord of the underworld, whose pipes were made from its stems

Element: Water; Planet: Venus (as Crone); Energy: Feminine; Deities: Freya, Holda, Venus

Jasmine

Love, money, prophetic dreams; happiness; snakebite and divination, clairvoyance; boost energy and immune system

Jasmine flowers can be place under the pillow or oil used anoint candles to induce prophetic dreaming. Traditionally, jasmine is also made into a tea for this same purpose. To attract love, jasmine can be worn as a perfume or placed into love sachets.

Element: Water; Planet: Moon; Energy: Feminine; Deity: Vishnu

Lavender

sleep, peace, cleansing, happiness, clarity, longevity, love, peace, chastity, protection, purification

tranquility; relaxation and purification, clarity and calm to mind, love spells, attraction spells, cleansing, healing and longevity, dream magic, divination; attract love and men (was once used by prostitutes in lavender water or essential oil to attract customers); protection, sleep, peace, relaxation

Lavender is a common herb for chthonic deities. It is associated with dreams and the underworld. Its purple color ties it even closer to Hecate. Lavender is a standard offering for Hecate.

Element: Air; Planets: Mercury, Venus; Zodiac: Gemini, Virgo; Chakra: crown; Energy: Masculine; Deity: Hecate

Mugwort

Protection, Astral Travel, Prophetic Dreams, Lucid Dreaming, Strength, Psychic powers, Healing, Astral Projection; Moon Magic; Lust; Fertility; Communicate with Dead; Wash Divination Tools; mild sedative; Health, Joy, Love, Luck

Element: Earth; Planets: Venus, Moon; Zodiac: Taurus, Libra; Chakras: Third eye, sacral

Rose

Witch Hazel

Divination, wisdom; protection, banishing, removing hexes, healing; chastity; banishing. It can be made into a tea as well when done safely and may help mend broken hearts and release unwanted emotions. Medicinal use in form of extract/hydrosol/tincture for topical application to skin; carry to ease grief over a lost love; hang in doorways/windows for protection; carry leaves if experiencing heavy emotions (eg heartbreak); used to create divining rods

Element: Fire; Planets: Sun, Saturn; Zodiac: Aquarius; Chakras: Heart, Solar Plexus; Energy: Masculine

Yarrow

Courage, exorcism, love, protection, psychic powers, hexing; healing, handfasting & weddings, and divination. Frequently used in marriage charms and love sachets; used to read I Ching; magically connected to flow of energy; medicinal use; menstrual aid; wound healing, digestive aid;
Element: Water; Planet: Venus; Energy: Feminine

And candles too because why not
I think the dye is wrong- that’s “purple” but looks more blue to me. I tried orange the other day for a candle for a friend and it came out like off-white

5 Likes

I’ve organized herbs by elements, link here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/15QQ5QgOZ1QLtbZ1IjiKxWzGdaw58GGcg/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msexcel

To use (if you have windows excel)

1. Click cell 1A (upper left corner)
  2. At the top next to where it says “File”, there should be a “Home” tab. At the far end of the “Home” tab, click “Sort and Filter” which should be above “editing”
  3. click the drop down arrow by the element name

To use in Google Sheets (free):

1. Click the heading of the element for which you want to sort, then click where it says “Filter By Condition
  2. Filter by condition should bring you here. Select the option “Is Not Empty”
  3. Enter to apply filter and voila

This is based on Cunningham’s Encyclopedia of Magical Herbs by Scott Cunningham

I’m also working on a spreadsheet with the functions of herbs, but this will take longer to finish. Hope it helps

2 Likes

The runes set already, so I took them out of the molds. It’s difficult to see the lines on camera, but in person it’s fine. I’m excited to make more and I will use dye next time- this was just to test the molds out and learn how to use epoxy resin

2 Likes

Herbs by planet- to use, see below (google sheets is free)

1. Click the filter next to the planet you are interested in (see red circle)

2. Select “Filter by Condition” (see red arrow)

3. Click the little triangle by “None” to open menu.

4. Select “Is Not Empty” and hit the enter key

After hitting enter, you will see the list of herbs attributed to your selected planet
For example, for “Sun”

1 Like

Love the runes! (and the kitty)

1 Like

Thank you so much!:smiley_cat:

1 Like

Another batch of epoxy resin runes, the coaster thing, and a skull. Same herbs as last batch (the divination/psychic blend) but with glow in the dark pigment. The skull also has some small pieces of phantom quartz and lapis lazuli in it. The runes and coaster should be done curing in about a day or less, the skull might take 2-3 days to cure.

2 Likes

I guess the instructions overestimated the cure time and the skull came out ok. I still need to activate the glow pigment which they recommend to do with sunlight so I will leave it outside tomorrow

2 Likes

They all glow in the dark! The skull, runes, and divination mat/coaster thing. The glowing is weaker in the runes and I couldn’t take a good picture but they definitely glow

2 Likes

Spring equinox candles from the weekend

Herbs: calendula, angelica, cinquefoil/5 finger grass, jasmine, nettle, rose, lavender, juniper, dandelion

Now making a Ouija board and another skull out of resin, mixed with the same herbs as the equinox candles and blue glow in the dark pigment

I am writing this essay about how venom evolved and just to show how brain dead I am after today’s test, this is a sentence from my few sentences of a draft (it is absolute garbage)
Snakes are limbless, mostly toothless, oversized worms with scales that strike fear into many a doomed animal, that unlike the snake, has limbs and teeth

2 Likes

I was starting to work on a mix for Arachne and found these spider eggs in the garage

When I was a kid, my grandma used to gently hold them in her hands while they hatched and crawled all over her hand and arm

1 Like