No results or bad results?

Have you tried runes?

2 Likes

I understand your frustration. I’ve been there. All of us had been there. But please, sooner or later, magick will work. One way or another. So keep at it.

6 Likes

I have not. I don’t have any psychic abilities to read or interpret anything.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for the encouragement. I think I may be more worried about making things worse than the disappointment of putting so much energy into it without any results. Twice I have had things get worse. I just found out today that the fourth failed. That maked it two neutral, and two negative. So then I wonder if it’s me, especially seeing so many have success, even as beginners, and I hesitate to try the same Goetia again in the future.

3 Likes

I see, personal suggestion is to continue using them anyway. You can develop them as you use them. It’s important to drop your mind while reading for yourself imo, which I have trouble doing as well :sweat_smile:

1 Like

On the subject of reliable readings there is a fantastic tarot reader and oracle right here on Balg that does readings for free. I get one done every six to eight weeks and they’ve been phenomenal.

Here’s a link to the practice readings thread.

I hope this helps get some clarity.

3 Likes

Hi!
I don’t know if this can help you, but I’ll try to make a small conceptual list, always based on my experience, so take it as it comes:

• Often, the “wanted” result is late in coming, and by “late” I mean that it can take many months, depending on the objective / target, and it can also comes in little steps!

• The state of mind is crucial while practicing: I once ignored this aspect, and I had cast a spell in a state of complete anxiety. The result was diametrically opposite to what I had asked for. Therefore, always try to practice with your emotions under control, 'cause they are a very powerful component.

• As people much better prepared than me said above, it takes practice. The more time you spend practicing, the better and faster your results are going to be.

• “Bad” results aren’t always bad, if you look at the bigger picture of things! Often, I have found that you are not given what you ask for, but what, is best for you.

To give you an exaple, I did a ritual with King Paimon in August, because I wanted a new job; I gave the specifics of this job, what I longed for it to give me. The next 4 interviews were either a disaster, or a stalemate. “Have patience” he told me, “I’m not going to give you what you want now, you’ll have what you NEED.”
Now, in late November, I had a successful interview, and in the next few weeks I will have a pre-contract to sign. The job in question was not what I wanted 3 months ago: three months ago I just wanted to leave, and looking back, the jobs I thought I was taking would bring me back to top.

So yes, give yourself time, and give the magic time to create what you asked for. A house is built with lots of bricks, and if you are looking to have a new house, often what you need is to demolish the old one!
Don’t give up hope and persistently insist, I’m sure you can do it!

Good luck! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

For me, the ultimate goal in the left-hand path is for everyone to build his own reality and get the things he/she needs. Honestly, I do not see any entity as a “wise parent/teacher” that gives us what is “best for us”. Nobody has to be able to decide what you need, you are the driver of your own vehicle. With enough practice and willpower, I think everyone can achieve whatever he desires most in life and make it serve the greatest good for the practitioner.

4 Likes

I agree with that. If I’m asking for something, it’s something I want, and not having it leaves something of a void or regret. The things we want or receive often aren’t good for us longterm, but that’s life.
My last two relationships damaged me at a scope that probably can’t be repaired, and being in them only resulted in damage and negatives, but they happened anyways. Just like me drinking one night isn’t going to fix anything, but it will get me through the day/night.

1 Like

@Claymore and @Mars007 , I respect your point of view, and I fully agree on the freedom of choice, but have you ever wondered if, in certain situations, the choice we are making is actually “free”?

In a state of emotional instability our choices are strongly driven by the desire of change, from that situation to a better one, but without an actual idea of what that choice is going to bring.
I love the idea of absolute freedom in every choice, but this choice must be made with desire, and not with need.

To be honest, this is up to you. Very often I see them exactly like this, teachers, and I am 100% happy with my decision.

In the last year I have changed completely (and for the better), and this has happened thanks to myself and the decisions and actions, but also to the help of these teachers and initiators, who want my good, and they most likely know what my good is much better than I do.

I must disagree here, if I had to follow this concept, I would have to throw away my tarot cards, ignore every conversation with every spirit, ignore every diviniation recieved and all the very useful advice I received from EA in the last consultation with him.

I can agree that you decide what to do with your life, but what is better or worse for us often eludes us, and I’m always happy to hear from those who understand more than me.

I will never be so naive as to say that I always know what is best for me anytime, because life happens, and you don’t always have the clarity to look at the situation with introspection and coldness and do what is actually right for you.

Again, you are free to decide what to do with your life, but the big picture often escapes you, and often someone from the outside might advise you what is best for you. :slight_smile:

That’s very true, it takes time, work, willpower, and patience. :grin:

I think this is perhaps a large part of the problem, I feel that you are dragging the pain of the first failure behind you like a ball and chain.
It often happened to me too, “The first one went wrong, let’s hope the second will come to me, but maybe I’m not ready yet”. Doubt demolishes your work. As the BALG sages say “Where the mind goes, energy flows”; focus on failure, and failure is what you get.

I’m sorry to read these things, but I can assure you that there is nothing irrecoverable.

In any case, reading your answer, I would like to suggest that you temporarily give up what you are doing and work on yourself, before re-immersing yourself in magick.

If I were you, I would do a month or so of Shadow work, before starting with spells of any kind. Make peace with the shadows you’re suppressing, and try to take a step back to look at the situation you’re inn with more clarity.

Anyway, I apologize for the length of the post, I tend to digress at times :sweat_smile: if you want to talk, my DM is open :blush:

1 Like

I appreciate the thoughtful responses. I think that these last two requests I went in clean slate. One was last Sunday. And when things improved next day, I was optimistic and ready to give gratitude. I touched base again Thursday night when things dropped off, to ask for the guidance on saying the right things to achieve my goal. Minutes later I had an encouraging text. It went nowhere. By Tuesday night, all communication is gone. This after over two months of daily or every other day extensive communication.
As for working on myself, I’m not looking for a relationship right now. Trust won’t be something I can regain on my own because it requires another party to extend something outwards. After being in a bad situation, going into the last one was actually what repaired the damage from the one prior. It made me see through experience and tangible evidence that I could trust and things could be different. Unfortunately, that person destroyed me in the end, and set me back farther than I started. Even new friendship and old ones have only pushed things back farther. But that can only change with change itself.
I understand what you’re saying about not knowing if what I ask for will have unforeseen negative consequences, but I view it a lot like eating 15 cookies after a bad day as a child. Maybe it will make me sick, but at this point, not eating them would make me regret that as well. I have gotten similar small things I wished for that turned out badly, and I’m ok with having had those experiences. Maybe I’d do them differently, but I don’t think I’d avoid them entirely. And then there’s the feeling that my last relationship was in no way good or positive due to the way it ended and the setbacks it caused, but the universe didn’t keep it from me anyways. So at this point, let me have too many cookies as it’s small scale. Hopefully some of that makes sense.

2 Likes

I actually lost count of the times I failed. Literally. I kept up with it I think until 78? I think I did count that far. Then I forgot to count and remember about it like a month later. So, in my humble opinion, failing a hundred times before something happens is perfectly reasonable. Now, I don’t mean to say you’ll fail as much as I did, I just repeat the same thing I always say: this is a process.

1 Like

Ok, let’s try to analyze what you wrote to me, point by point:

So, of the two spells you did, one of them was last Sunday? So it’s not even been 14 days, am I getting it right? I don’t see it as a failure then. Let me explain:

A pattern that I have often noticed, both from personal experience and here in the forum, is that when you influence a person the effect is not immediate, but gradual, and you see 9 and a half times out of ten in apparent “backfires”.

In my case, again to give you an example, it happens every time I curse someone; I realize this because in the first period they are inexplicably much more hostile towards me, flaunting security. The truth is that the wounded will never, ever show the wound! Give your spell time, don’t give it up as a failure!

Maybe there is a language barrier here, or maybe I am misleading, I apologize if this is the case. By “working with yourself” I mean doing Shadow Work. If you use the search function of the Forum (or even on Youtube) you can find useful information about the process, how it works, and how it can help you with past injuries and trauma.

This is not necessarily a problem, as I said before, often to build a solid structure it is necessary to demolish the old one. So it would not seem strange to me that you are slowly improving, and that your presence makes other people uncomfortable.

For this last part, obviously choose the one you prefer, if you want to do it do it, I support you in this of course, and I am happy that you do it with awareness. :blush:

Let me just add one piece of advice: From now on, welcome pain and failure as a teacher. Don’t suffer from it, but ask yourself “what have I learned from this?” . By doing this, I’ve noticed that other people’s opinion has started to matter to me less and less, and believe me, this plays a big role in your ascent!

This is gold! It’s a process, give it trust and work patiently, you’ll see :grin: :grin:

4 Likes

Very wise words,this is the thing I like most in the forum! I always wanted people that are far away from the best option for me. Trying to return that kind of person in my life was the main reason to got into the occult (sounds childish for a grown person, but this is the truth). Also, I always wanted money, power, and things that for sure will not make me a better person. The big truth in the picture I think is, the practitioner can and will achieve everything he desires in the right moment, in most cases, he/she will no longer desire the result as much as before. And yes, the role of the spirits as teachers is to modify us to the version that can manifest with ease all our wishes. There is no moral or ethics in the process, only knowledge for ourselves and the process to become master of our desires.

2 Likes

or, not controlling your emotions could lead to casting for things you regret later, like that time I got my ex back. Yes, you can actually ask entities to help you with this, and it might be a good idea before you do work for stuff you find out you don’t really want.

Sometimes, asking for advice is a good idea, you can either take it, or not given the rest of your goals/life that you want. I agree that you are the driver of your own vehicle, and if one demon won’t give it to you, you can ask for someone who will, but be prepared however to find out you really didn’t like what you got.

Ok, I’m biased, but sometimes I think some people practicing magick should really hire a life coach in addition to, (or even in some cases instead of) evoking and spell work. If you know what you want already, I think its fine, but sometimes people think they want something, but really do not.

2 Likes

I do not have the astral senses to hear any entity, got a lot of work to do to develop this kind of skill. I am used to hearing/seeing things even in the mundane world that I face on the way to my goal. I have always been the type of person to do whatever it takes to get what I desire. And yes, about the getting former lover thing, I know 99% of the people will tell to never ever even try it and other kind of shit, but for me, everybody has the right to fight for what makes him/her happy.

2 Likes

Very true! The two things we talked about are the main reasons why you should always approach magic with your emotions on a leash, thanks for adding this piece of advice!

This is a very good advice, sometimes you can’t figure your shit for yourself, and others can help you immensely in this!

I can reassure you in this, there is always a lot of work to do, regardless of your level. There is no “finish” in the ascent, so give yourself time, don’t be hard on yourself, and enjoy the ride! :grin:

1 Like

Unfortunately the only thing I have taken from this is that even after 3 years, the person you trusted most can be a liar and a stranger, and the people you needed weren’t there for you when it came down to it. It’s very isolating. The new friend I made, he vanished now too, after the spell.

Brand’s work is quite effective my life is now headed in a new direction, same with my friend’s.

I do exactly as the gallery of magick instructs, I identify a true desire, dou the ritual, then try to forget about it entirely while I do the mundane tasks to get what I want.

Even just recently I used Adam blackthorn’s sigils of power and transformation I used sigil to attract a job that suits your needs, I did it as instructed, as I’m sending out resumes, and before interviews.

The result was I found a really responsive job site and got a couple of interviews in a matter of hours.

Ironically, the place I’m currently working at offered me a raise and more hours which is great since it’s super weird and quirky like me. And I’m basically cool with all my co-workers (first time at a job).

I originally did the magick to find a new job, only to accidentally leverage my way into a raise at the job I already like.

I didn’t expect to stay at the same job but it seems that’s what the magick had planned for me.

Also, I’ve said this other places on the forum but I use the book “Demons of magick” by Gordon Winterfield.
Before I was summoning demons by themselves with the enn and some visualization.

I really recommend that book for anyone looking for a more favorable relationship with demons. The manifestations are not always quick (one took a year) but damn if they aren’t rewarding. The one that did take a year was a curse and he definitely got what was coming to him :smiling_imp:

Brand didn’t work for me at all, and neither has Winterfield sadly