Hello.
My name is Simon and I am very green when it comes to occult practice. I have been doing the LBRP, LBRH, MP, LIRP, LIRH on a regular basis. I have been working from Damien Echols books and seems okay and he recommended Silver Ravenwolf’s book on Angels. I find this stuff to fluffy. I have read Robin Artissons’s books and I like the darker side of things, it’s seems to bring balance. I have looked at S Connelly’s books on Demonolatry and looks interesting, more earthy. Anyway I am stuck at the moment and wanted to get some advice.
Thankyou

Welcome @Royel Please tell us about yourself,

Where are you from?

How long have you been practicing?

What are the areas of magic you interested in learning more about?

Hello
I have been practicing only 6 months ish. I have picked stuff from High Magick by Damien Echols and Modern Magick by DMK. Saying that I love reading Robin Artisson because iof the darker aspects. I recently purchased Complete Book of Demonolatry by S Connelly and love it but now I am confused. Just looking for some guidance.
Thankyou

And sorry I am from Australia…

Guidance on what? You didn’t say what you’re interested in learning about so a bit more info would help us provide you with proper direction.

Sorry bro I find it hard to explain things properly. I am more of a listener than a talker. I am more than happy to just read the threads which are very informative and I am sure I will find my way. The people on here seem quite knowledgeable.
Thankyou for your patience brother.
Simon

Check out some of our tutorials:

They can help you get started.

Much appreciated bro,
Thankyou

G’day mate welcome to the forum :wave:

G,day mate :call_me_hand: Thankyou

1 Like

Welcome, Simon!

These are all great suggestions on getting started. I would just toss out there that finding what you like to practice magickally is a lot of the fun on this journey.

I’ve spent 45+ years experimenting with different traditions, grimoires, practices, rites, groups, etc., and am only just now realizing that I’m able to create, and have created, an entirely new system based on my personal experience. Eventually, if you’re a dedicated student, you will also find things that work and things that don’t by trying out different methods.

I would suggest that you don’t get stuck on any one method at first. Figure out what you want out of magick and go from there.

1 Like

Hello Mornaug

Thankyou very much. 45+ years practicing you would be very knowledgeable. Do you take students? Your absolutely right about sticking to a particular system though. I have been reading too much and now I am not sure where it’s going. I was guided to this forum and it’s amazing. I wish I had found it earlier.

Nice to meet you🤙

I don’t take students formally right now, but I’m here to help where I can. If you have questions, feel free to ask here, or PM me. There’s also a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum who can also help.

Do you have a specific question?

Learning all you can is confusing, but some of us are just cut out for research and really enjoy it. :slight_smile: I’m much the same way.

I have hundreds of books in my library that I use as reference when creating rituals. The trick is to take in the information you read without becoming emotionally attached to the author’s ideas. Once you do that, your mind will become closed to alternative ways of looking at things. A good magician doesn’t allow that to happen. :wink:

I would suggest trying sigil work if you want to start with something that gives quick results. It’s easy to do and actually kinda fun! Austin Osman Spare’s work is, I think, the definitive info on this, but there have been many new authors who have modernized his work.

1 Like

Thankyou.

I don’t have any real specific questions at this moment and I am absorbing info on this forum. It’s very interesting. I started with Modern Magick by DMK, High Magick by Damien Echols, Robin Artisson (I love this blokes style). I then got S Connelly Complete Book of Demonolatry and then hit a wall…

So I am looking for balance basically.

What practices, if any, have you done so far? Or are you just reading these authors right now?

I like some of the methods that Demonolators use, but I’m not one for worship myself. In my experience, most spirits see worship as a human weakness.

People are pretty much hardwired genetically to want to worship something, so if they don’t worship themselves (or their own Higher Self or Source), they will worship something or someone else, including drugs and/or alcohol.

I’ve found worship is not necessary, while some humility is still needed since we are not Source ourselves. But to each their own.

1 Like

I have been doing the MP, LBRP, LBRH, LIRP, LIRH and some meditation thrown in. I have definitely noticed my intuition level up.

I feel drawn to nature and works by Robin Artisson resonates with me.

So I like the empty hand rituals but struggle with the philosophical side of it pretty much.

I even tried Lucifer and the Hidden Demons by Theodore Rose whilst camping last week. I like the pathworking method…

1 Like

Maybe you’re drawn to a more pagan approach then?

1 Like