New Here! Looking for some help with Stolas

Hi, I’m Vileena and I’ve been a long time lurker of this forum. I’ve been a long time reader of many of the grimoires/texts mentioned on here and I was hoping someone could help me out with clarifying things about the goetic demons, specifically Stolas. I am very interested in starting a relationship with Stolas, but I’ve had difficulty finding specific step-by-step instructions on how to invoke him. So far, the instructions I’ve found online have contradicted one another. I have also seen that the seal of the demon you are invoking is supposed to be cast in whatever metal corresponds with that demon. Is this accurate? I would really appreciate if anyone could help be better understand how it all works. I tried searching the forum but wasn’t able to find a thread specifically for Stolas that gave me an in depth understanding of what I need to do.

If anyone on here has had success/failures with Stolas, I’d love for you to share what it was like/what things you believe went wrong.

Has anyone had a negative experience with Stolas?

Feel free to DM me if you’d rather not post info/experiences here!

It’s nice to meet you all!

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum. Please properly introduce yourself and tell us about yourself and your experience in magick.

How old are you?

What do you practice?

How long have you practiced?

What systems and methods of magick do you have knowledge of, or experience in?

PS: Any method of evocation can be used to evoke/invoke the demons of the Goetia. There is nothing specific for Stolas. Use the forum’s search function and look up “evocation guide” for a method.

I’m 31. I’ve always been interested in magic, but did not seriously get into it until about 10ish years ago. I’m mostly experienced with tarot (I use the Hermetic deck) and hermetic astrology/qabalah. I’ve more recently started to learn and experiment with sigil magick. I’ve read many grimoires/other occult books, but at this point I’ve never attempted anything in them. For me, a huge part of magic is my strong sense of intuition. I often feel pulled towards things or someone I see will trigger me to know something even though there is no logical reason to know whatever has been revealed. I think the way my intuition hits so strong for me was a main reason I struggled initially to get into magic. Most of the time I’m a logical person, I actually practice in the medical field. And the thing about intuition is that is seldom makes any sense, but whenever that wave of intuition hits me, it’s never wrong. Learning to trust something I couldn’t make any logical sense of was difficult for me and still can be at times if I’m being completely honest. My interest in Stolas is part of the feeling of being pulled towards something, so I’d like to explore it. I’ve learned if I follow that feeling, I usually end up in the right place.

3 Likes

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience, and, again, welcome :slight_smile:

To answer the questions you asked:

No, you do not need to carve the demon’s seal in the metal corresponding to its astrological attributions. You can, of course, but these days, most magicians simply draw them on clean paper (our modern version of virgin parchment).

You can find a lot of information on invoking demons in demonolatry, a religious practice that worships demons as the Demonic Divine. S. Connolly has authored many books you may find useful.

What most of us here on the forum do is evoke demons. The traditional ceremonial magick definitions of evocation and invocation are that evocation is the calling forth of a spirit to take form before you, and invocation is the summoning of a spirit, within you, to take on its energy or traits.

Gods have traditionally been invoked, and demons have been traditionally evoked.

As for instructions, try this:

5 Likes