Need some guidance!

Hi Guys,
I’m really new to all of this, I’d like some help and support with whatever I’m feeling currently. Basically to cut a long story short I’ve been naturally drawn to the occult and to be honest I’ve kept my distance from it because of life etc. Lately it’s seems to be drawing me in further and deeper.

I’d like to perhaps meet and discuss my experiences with someone or a group about as I’d like to get some clarity on my experiences in the past. Any suggestions?

1 Like

Hey, Welcome! Can you be more specific about which parts of the occult you are drawn to?

2 Likes

Welcome @Amarpall256 It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so please tell us something about yourself and any experience in magick or the paranormal you might have.

Where are you from?

Do you have any practical experience in magick at all, or are you starting from scratch?

If you do have experience, what do you practice, and how long have you practiced?

2 Likes

Happens to the best of us! We don’t need the specifics to give some ideas for further personal research on your end :slight_smile:

Moralising is against the rules in this forum, but you will find people offer relatively safe and above all, realistic ideas based on experience. We have many experienced occultists from multiple currents, and everybody has something unique to say :slight_smile: You can take what works and leave the rest… So in a general sense, feel free to post the issue without identifying details.

… but don’t forget the intro, that will let us level set the answers.

1 Like

Hi,
Thank you getting back to me. Well I’m from Leeds, West Yorkshire, England.

I don’t have any experience in the occult nor do I study it. But I suppose I may have experienced it in the past when I was a child.

You see I was originally born in Malaysia being a sickly child my mother resorted to extreme circumstances and possibly got individuals who do study some kind of occult to get me better. I remember being taken into the rainforests in Malaysia for rituals and sorts. I’ve always been naturally drawn to the occult where my family are the complete opposites only my mother resorting to voodoo (I can only speculate that) even when I asked she didn’t know herself.

But I’m good now 28yr old, healthy and nothing particularly out of the ordinary happened in my life since the age of 7 and since moving here when I was 12. But I find it strange as I can remember all my experiences with the rituals and especially someone cracking and egg open to only find needles and blood in it. The weird part of it I bought the eggs picked one out then passed it to him directly.

Snakes have always been naturally drawn to me and my girlfriend find it’s so strange but interesting as everyone I’ve met have always said there’s just something about me that keeps wanting them to dig deep and know more about me.

I swear to I’m actually not making any of this up. Id like some clarity and guidance. I just don’t know where to start.

2 Likes

Thank you and can you please read the response I gave to darkest knight. :). There’s just so much typing to do on my part haha

1 Like

Thank you for elucidating more upon your experience.

1 Like

Thank you Mulberry,

Please can you see my response to Darkestknight. I’m sorry I don’t mean to break the rules I’m just opening up the best I can. :slight_smile:

Any suggestions on where I should start in my personal research?

I’m not familiar with Malaysian spiritual traditions, but perhaps you can start there. It might help to identify what kind of rituals were performed on your behalf.

If the rituals dedicated you to a deity, for example, that may explain your affinity for snakes, which are well known totems for a variety of gods throughout the world.

Maybe Nagas I suppose to be honest, I don’t know where to start as my family even though they’re pretty open minded. They themselves aren’t sure as to where I can find the resources needed for some clarity in fact most of them find it scary and they even stated it was “Black Magic” even my mum feels though as if it was. But she doesn’t regret it.

Any suggestions?

Any suggestions after reading the response I gave to darkest?

Look for books, particularly anthropological studies, which usually involve first person accounts.

Not sure what needs guidance here? Your mum bought magick and it worked. That’s cool, right?

I doubt it was “voodoo”? That is the practical folk application of the religion Vodoun from Africa and Haiti. Indonesia has it’s own very rich magickal lore, and doesn’t really need to import other countries ideas, as far as I can tell.

We have a few discussions on Indonesian magick here, but not a lot, it’s very mysterious for most Westerners… it sounds like “low magick” aka witchcraft, without a lot of fancy ceremonial stuff, sympathetic and nature magick. Which is nevertheless very strong and effective.

Snakes being drawn to you could just be a personal thing. I have this and with birds too. I used to volunteer at an animal shelter, and it shocked me how many of the other volunteers didn’t like working with the reptiles and birds (which are feathered reptiles, basically). I think, if you’re kind, unafraid, practical and open minded, it doesn’t set off thier “that’s an enemy that hates me” instincts.
I love reptiles, birds and insects of all kinds, myself, as well as the fluffies. They can tell that sort of thing. :slight_smile:

Maybe for the same reason you mother was drawn to a magickal solution for her sickly child? There are theories that affinity for magick can be inherited through your dna and blood. That when an ancestor practices magick, it make sit easier for that person’s descendants to also practice magick. This is called being a “hereditary witch” in the west. :slight_smile: I’m of the mind that, regardless of practical explanation, there’s no smoke without fire. It’s still true that everyone can learn magick, but it does seem to come to some easier than others

1 Like