Need help interpreting this dream

So Belial has been my patron for a couple years now. I haven’t felt him much lately though, and I’ve been feeling pretty disconnected from him. Last night as I laid in bed, I talked to him for a while and told him how I felt and asked if he was still with me, or if this disconnected feeling was his way of telling me it’s time to move on to another demon. I asked him to give me a sign that he was still my patron, and that night I had the weirdest dream.

For a long part of the dream I was driving around in my car and there were two people with me. Don’t know who they were, just those dream people your mind invents I guess. The whole time, I had a dead white rat the size of a small cat in my rear floorboard. It’s stomach was sliced open, it was wrapped in 2 white shirts(the exact 2 white shirts that I actually own IRL), and the rat + shirts were stuffed into a canvas bag sitting in my rear floorboard. Me and the dream people were looking for a place to get rid of it and I remember feeling like just tossing the poor thing in the trash was disrespectful, I wanted to give it a more dignified burial because I love animals. I don’t know how the rat came into my possession, but I know I did not kill it.

Then the dream switched to me and the dream people arriving at some stadium or industrial-sized building, and as soon as I got out of the car I saw that the entire ground was crawling with medium-sized black spiders. They kind of resembled crab spiders. The ground was completely carpeted with them and I was walking on the very tips of my toes, trying to nudge them out of the way so I wouldn’t step on them. Then I woke up.

Is it safe to say this was Belial’s sign that I requested? I do feel him a lot more today. I can’t make sense of that poor dead rat though, what could that mean? I have also been working with Orobas, Bael, and Lilith lately too if that helps.

Dreams are annoying in the way they can’t make s clear point and mix up a bit of everything from life memories to symbolic representations of parts of us to actual spirits.
It’s hard to sort it all out and most elements I end up discarding in favorof the most stand out bits to be honest.

In this case I see that as a vehicle and a death, with a focus on a gutted i.e. empty vessel. The car might represent your human incarnation, so, you have been carrying around the shell of something that has already ended. The thing was pure (white), important (large) and an intelligent and adaptive effort (see how rats are viewed in the Chinese zodiac).

My guess is, the answer is your work with Belial is finished and can be put to rest. You do want to honor it and not discard it.

2 Likes

Oh wow, see I was thinking the spiders were a sign that he still wants to work with me, but your interpretation makes more sense. Now I’m thinking the spiders might mean that Lilith is taking over.

This is crazy cause I almost feel like crying at the loss, but we had a good run and I’ll always love him.

2 Likes

Sometimes the best person to interpret such things is simply going to be yourself. Though I do like Mulberry’s Interpretation, try to think a little deeper on your own and develop your intuition. It takes time. Keep at it.

1 Like