Necronomicon gatewalking please help

Hello all I am Very new to all this but I somehow decided the first thing I wanted to do was work the necronomicn.Gatewalking. I just wish there was a good place to ask questions like a chatroom. Please message me if you could help me out I am at a loss as to what to do. I don’t want to give up this lifestyle is my callinggive me the benefit of doubt and be my guide.

1 Like

Welcome to the forum @Therainmaker It is a rule here that all new members must properly introduce themselves, so please click the link below and tell us about yourself and any experience you have in magick ie what you practice, how long you have practiced, what your interests are, etc:

intro3

this is a forum so kind of like a chatroom. ask your questions here in this thread

What exactly does the gatewalking steps require is there a good guide that tells me everything I need and how to perform the rituals to the T. For example what is the first step how does it go and how do they change in each step. How many steps are there

Which version of the Necronomicon gates do you want to walk?

If it’s the Simon version, the book gives you the instructions.

I didn’t know there were different types how does that work

Maybe work on basic meditation and do some more reading before you try walking any gates.

2 Likes

Of course there is.

The Necronomicon isn’t real, it’s fiction, so there are multiple books with that title. There’s the Simon books, the Tyson books, and an internet version that calls itself the 1586 Necronomicon.

Pick one.

2 Likes

I think its status as fiction is up for debate. Certainly, they can be interacted with.

All fiction can be interacted with. Occultists use a lot of ideas and concepts that have no factual or historical basis, like the myth of Atlantis, and the Akashic records, both of which were creations of Blavatsky and her followers back in the 19th century, and which then became part of New Age thought.

The Necronomicon was made up by HP Lovecraft, and based on an earlier work of fiction by Robert W. Chambers called The King In Yellow. This is unassailable fact, and can be traced through Lovecraft’s voluminous correspondence with his writing circle.

The only debate about it is in the mind of people who desperately want to believe differently.

However, being fiction does not mean it is not useful magically, and, as the different versions attest, the concept and ideas of the Necronomicon can be worked with in a variety of different ways.

@Therainmaker My advice to you is to decide which version of the gates you want to walk, and pick up the book that describes how to do so. Your choices are: The 13 Gates of the Necronomicon by Donald Tyson, The Gates of the Necronomicon by Simon, and the 1586 Necronomicon by an anonymous author using the pseudonym of John Dee.

5 Likes

I got the Simon app and there are quite a few charts on the translation of different phrases do I need to memorize those

I’m looking for someone who could go over the pronunciation with me I need good pract8ce if you feel up for it let me know

@Eye_of_Ra walked the Simon gates so maybe she can help.

How do you message her in new here

You can’t message her as a newcomer. The ability to PM is restricted until you reach a certain level of activity by contributing to the community.

However, I notified her by the “@,” so she will see that when she next logs in, and may be able to offer you advice on walking the gates.

I wouldnt overly stress the pronuctiation. For me it wasnt anything to stress too much over. The main thing is getting in there and actually doing the work.

I’m from the deep South so odds of me saying things the right way are slim to none :sweat_smile:
I have to add my southern drawl.

3 Likes

I live in the deep South too wow small world

2 Likes

Oh cool I’m in Georgia

I was born in Georgia but now I live in Florida right on the border to GA. So I have been considering going vegetarian for my gatewalking but also I think I’m going to continue it after that. Being vegetarian does that mean I can drink milk or eat cheese. Also I am on medication that I can’t get off will the affect my gatewalking

I don’t think it will be a problem

1 Like