Necromancy without dedicated altar?

hey everyone its not possible for me to make a dedicated altar in my home so that means i cant do necromany ?? have anyone tried necromancy without making altar?? can anyone recommend any book where altar is not necessary for necromancy ?
thnx

1 Like

You can. The purpose of an altar is to have a specific space/focal point to perform your workings. It might benefit you more to re-consider the idea of altar as a space to perform rather than a space-holder.

I have not seen a book that didnā€™t discuss not creating one. Though for devotional work, it will be advisable to have a dedicated space for entities, though it doesnā€™t necessarily have to be limited to a place in your living space. Like I said, a focal point, and you can keep the working items elsewhere, like a hidden drawer.

2 Likes

Nah, Iā€™ve done necromancy in various forms all my life and Iā€™ve never used an alter for any of it.
Itā€™s popular to do necromancy at gravesides, usually without an altar. Look up ancestral and shamanistic work and well as ā€œnecromancyā€.

If youā€™re following a specific book to learn it, maybe you want to go ahead and do what the book says to get a good feel for that style, but magick is mostly about your mind and emotion.

2 Likes

The graveyard is inside you, all your ancestors rest their within you.

3 Likes

@sensitiveman Wear it!

An altar is a focal point , a place/space to direct energy. When making sacrifices or offerings, prayers, devotions, chants etcetera we turn to our altars. If you were to have an item, be it what it may be, that holds true meaning to you and your pathā€¦a thing that embodies your ā€˜workā€™, then let that be your focal point/altar and wear it close to your body. Direct all of the above energy to that ā€˜fetishā€™. Why do you think the cross is such an effectively affective tool?

Alternatively, you could stitch the Altar into your clothing! Buy a pack of handkerchiefs, plain white is perfectly fine. Create your altar on the handkerchief, stitch it into a piece of clothing as a wearable altar. You can do the same with ā€˜spellsā€™, just cut the handkerchief to size, roll it up and stuff it into clothing. Armour!

Some of us are very particular, we have come to like physical things, like them but donā€™t require them! Of course, there is nothing wrong with this, I am an animal and I like to touchā€¦everything!

Adapt and donā€™t live in Absolutes!

1 Like

Ya, This!!

1 Like

but without any book how can i perform necromancy?

Use your initiative, the first person to invent this didnā€™t have books, people in the middle ages were all illiterate and the only book was the bible in Latin, they did without books, shamans donā€™t use books, why not you?

ā€¦ watch youtube, read the wealth of info in this form that goes back 9 years, search online for blogs, sit down at a gravesite and call the deceased, call your next incarnation from beyond the graveā€¦ call the spirit of death and ask it what to do, call Hades, Hel, Hekate, Ereshkigal, Anubis and ask themā€¦ you have a lot of options and none of them need anything more than your state of mind to know you ca do it.

1 Like

Thanks I will surely try that