Necromancy Health Risks

I was speaking with a witch about how I had evoked the god Resheph and somehow we got on the subject on necromancy. She told me that every magician she knew who practiced necromancy had died of a brain tumor. If this risk is true then what precautions can be taken to prevent or cure this if you have already begun necromancy? Also what precautions can be taken so that when one does practice necromancy he does not start to look old and like a meth head?

Well what iv realized is by immersing myself into different energy currents, iv became more like it.

So do I think there are health risks while working with necromancy? Yes, but there is the possibility of health risks while working with any type of energy.

Youd be immersing yourself in Death essence. Dante Abiel had degenerative spinal disease due to working the Necromantic path.

Hope this helps

Only idiots who can’t take care of themselves fuck up that badly. If you have strong, protective spirits, cleanse regularly, and take care of your body, you’ll be fine. In fact, Necromancy can Vë used to HEAL. The dead can be healers as well as killers.

1 Like

Well I get one would keep there energy bodies cleansed but wouldnt it be like starting from scratch. Isnt one suppose to become it in order to conquer it?

Nope. Death/rebirth stuff doesn’t translate into letting yourself get sick and die. I cleanse myself weekly, ESPECIALLY when just coming out of the cemetary. All sorts of nasty shit can hang on if you don’t cleanse. In fact, in heavily inclined to believe that the health issues in Necromancy come from evil spirits/energy attaching itself to the magus after cemetary work then not being cleansed off.

1 Like

Thats really good to know. So doing invocations of death, would that also apply?

Invocations of death? I don’t understand what you mean by that.

Its taken out of the Falxifer books. There are invocations of death.
Or even invoking Death entities in general.

Death is rather general. What is actually being invoked?
I don’t invite any death entities into my body, so I can’t comment on those techniques.

[quote=“Titan, post:8, topic:4686”]Its taken out of the Falxifer books. There are invocations of death.
Or even invoking Death entities in general.[/quote]

In core shamanic stuff you do journeys to interact with Death (or at least your own death), but that’s a learning experience and not meant to be, y’know, spooky and dark or whatever.

Indigenous shamanic cultures often have initiatory ceremonies based on death - in some, your physical heartbeat and breathing may stop, others are more symbolic (like the symbolic death of a bride to her birth family in some old traditions) but no less powerful.

Sometimes you pass through the experience and other times you meet it as a being to converse with.

That Death doesn’t want to fuck you up and grab you a few years early, it’s usually to teach you stuff and help with any fears about stuff.

2 Likes

[quote=“dark_magician_1984, post:1, topic:4686”]I was speaking with a witch about how I had evoked the god Resheph and somehow we got on the subject on necromancy. She told me that every magician she knew who practiced necromancy had died of a brain tumor. If this risk is true then what precautions can be taken to prevent or cure this if you have already begun necromancy? Also what precautions can be taken so that when one does practice necromancy he does not start to look old and like a meth head?[/quote] One of the reasons I ask is because during the past couple years about weekly I have been getting very dizzy out of nowhere, sometimes to the point that I lose my balance. And no its not because I got up really fast, I could be watching tv, reading a book, at my desk at work or eating. It has concerned me very much about my health. I’m 30 years old so I don’t know if this is common for someone my age or if it’s something to be concerned about. There is no history of this as far as I know in my family…

[quote=“dark_magician_1984, post:11, topic:4686”][quote=“dark_magician_1984, post:1, topic:4686”]I was speaking with a witch about how I had evoked the god Resheph and somehow we got on the subject on necromancy. She told me that every magician she knew who practiced necromancy had died of a brain tumor. If this risk is true then what precautions can be taken to prevent or cure this if you have already begun necromancy? Also what precautions can be taken so that when one does practice necromancy he does not start to look old and like a meth head?[/quote] One of the reasons I ask is because during the past couple years about weekly I have been getting very dizzy out of nowhere, sometimes to the point that I lose my balance. And no its not because I got up really fast, I could be watching tv, reading a book, at my desk at work or eating. It has concerned me very much about my health. I’m 30 years old so I don’t know if this is common for someone my age or if it’s something to be concerned about. There is no history of this as far as I know in my family…[/quote]One thing I forgot to mention is last year after I called up the god I mentioned, I asked him according to the grimoires instructions to enter inside me and live through me. After I finished the ritual I went to bed. When I laid down I can only describe what I felt as electricity going through my head and abdomen though that’s not what it was. That part of my body was pulsating with energy. When I looked in the mirror the couple days my face seemed to have aged with wrinkles that were not there before. Now it could be because of my age but they seemed to have gotten there after I finished that ritual. The grimoire was Dragon of the Two Flames by Michael W Ford.

You need to get medical help there, it could be really innocent (inner ear disturbances or something) but if it is a worst-case scenario of a tumour, the sooner you get it diagnosed and treated the better chance you have of survival and avoiding brain damage, there’s no pretty way to put that but it’s true.

Getting people’s opinion on how likely it is to be linked to your magickal work in advance is totally understandable, but the reality is you have a physical health problem of some kind here, and you have to treat that with the respect it deserves.

I usually end up doing things back-wards. In that I have no real understanding of what is occurring before me, so its always too late for me. In a recent “blind-date” episode, I was asked to bed by a hiding under the sheets Hey Katie.

Words of wisdom by a man who was not expecting to become initiated into vampirism;
Use protection.

I’m such a moron, by the time I got assistance by my associate I realized I was supposed to preserve and work with the god-awful smell of her insides. Hopefully it was enough to go out on the town with it stained all over my pants?

Either way, yeah, use protection, don’t let them bite you, and most importantly, just stay the hell-out of graveyards!!! I’ve never seen such a mal nutritioned corpse…A-HA! IT WAS A BLOOD FREE VERSION OF ME!

The main danger I Found through this was that the magickal fluids from me were used to keep HER alive, and also create a servitor of ME for her. This was validated when an associate of mine said I had come to the bar to introduce everyone to my new wife. I never did this. Has anyone ever had this sort of experience? Re-verse necromancy? Am I confused about something, is this normal?

OH, these sort of workings can also involve tooth aches.

I would suggest that with any health issue the best way (alongside consulting a doctor) is to get in touch with the demon causing the problem, find out what they want and then find a way to give them what they want so they go away satisfied. Win-win.

Cheers.

Hi, Another thought on this important subject of health and especially for necromancers. I do a Tibetan necromantic practice called Chod and afterwards my teachers recommend, and we often do, a long-life practice. The long-life practice is to restore any of our life energy we have lost due to contact with the demons and the dead.

Basically, the long-life practice is evoking a particular dakini (similar to an angel or more similar to a Valkyrie actually) and then working with the channels, chakras and mantras to retrieve lost energy, protect the energy we have and balance the energies.

So I would suggest to anyone to follow up a necromancy session with the usual cleansing etc but also add an energy healing session afterwards as well.

Cheers, Paul

1 Like

Sounds good, when you train to work with the dead in core shamanism they place a heavy emphasis on this kind of rebalancing, and on making sure you keep yourself cleansed and empowered.

Yes, interesting. Chod comes from the Bonpo tradition which is the original shamanic religion in Tibet (or Shang Shung as it was back then).

1 Like

You need to get medical help there, it could be really innocent (inner ear disturbances or something) but if it is a worst-case scenario of a tumour, the sooner you get it diagnosed and treated the better chance you have of survival and avoiding brain damage, there’s no pretty way to put that but it’s true.

Getting people’s opinion on how likely it is to be linked to your magickal work in advance is totally understandable, but the reality is you have a physical health problem of some kind here, and you have to treat that with the respect it deserves.[/quote]

Could be as simple as low blood pressure - could be physical ( in which case, if it persists, theres little you can do apart from medications long term ) emotional ( low blood pressure can be indicative of a defeatest attitude in which case be more confident when approaching your magical work) or indeed magical ( & cleansing is def the way to go here ). Better possibly to check with your GP first to make sure your not missing the trees for the forest. Good luck.

When you say " cleanse " do you mean the " lesser banishing ritual of the pentagram " or something more ?