Natural Magick and Meditation

So for the time being, I’m going to stick with what I call “natural magick” (such as the LoA) and meditation. The LoA comes easy to me and I see small results. And meditation has given me accurate premonitions.

For some reason, I just can’t pull off a successful evocation, so I am going to temporarily set it aside. I think the root of the problem lies in the fact that people can’t agree on their nature (e.g., are they just a product of our imagination/creative abilities or do they exist independent of us). For right or wrong, I can’t talk myself into fully setting disbelief aside when it is possible that demons don’t even exist (at least as seperate from us). So for now I’m going to stick with what works. And natural magick works.

[quote=“jboy, post:1, topic:7596”]So for the time being, I’m going to stick with what I call “natural magick” (such as the LoA) and meditation. The LoA comes easy to me and I see small results. And meditation has given me accurate premonitions.

For some reason, I just can’t pull off a successful evocation, so I am going to temporarily set it aside. I think the root of the problem lies in the fact that people can’t agree on their nature (e.g., are they just a product of our imagination/creative abilities or do they exist independent of us). For right or wrong, I can’t talk myself into fully setting disbelief aside when it is possible that demons don’t even exist (at least as seperate from us). So for now I’m going to stick with what works. And natural magick works.[/quote]

What ever works works lol I wish they had a meditation and yoga section here the two practices are very important and help with Magic a great deal.
I’m curious how ur failing? Not seeing hearing or sensing spirits? Not getting results? I would say u don’t believe in what ur doing and without that it just isn’t going to happen u have to be 100% certain that ur going to see the entity and shit is going to work period. I’m curious why u believe loa are real but not other entities never even studied that current let alone seen or worked with one.

I was referring to the Law of Attraction. I was just abreviating. I’ll expand more later tonight.

Oh ok got ya.

Asmoday-The topic of my struggle to set aside doubt in evocations could fill volumes. It goes back to the days when I was a Christian. I’m not bragging or trying to make myself seem intellectually superior to those who do not struggle with either religious or magickal doubt, but sometimes I feel that I am too smart for my own good. This drove my Christian teachers crazy and it is now driving my magickal mentors crazy.

But let me first say thanks to RavensAscent and Lady Eva for at least getting me to the point that I have had success with the LoA. It took a lot to get me to that point. And I’m hopeful that I can also find success in evocations in the near future.

But to the point at hand: I have tried evocation more than a few times. The last couple times I “tried” to feel the presence of Paimon and Bune. I felt by “talking my self into it”, I could mimic belief. But RavensAscent (who I have 100% confidence in), stated that Paimon told her that I had not contacted him (although he was aware that I had tried).

The reason why I can’t yet set aside doubt for evocations is because I’m very much hard wired like an atheist scientist which demands evidence before accepting something as true. But that is contra magic. For some reason, though, I was able to trust in the LoA. I can’t explain why. It just happened.

I think if a magician could sit down with me and go through a list of accomplishments that he/she experienced through evocations (which went beyond the possibility of just coincidence or the result of hard mundane work), then that would be enough to help me set aside disbelief. But magicians are usually private about specific things like this.

But I bought some frankincense and murr the other day, so I will try Paimon again soon.