My photography/wildlife and nature art and magical ideas journal

I wanted to share an adventure we went on at https://tdscats.com/ I was going to throw this into my art journal, but even after a trashed all the absolute garbage shots, I still have half a hundred meh shots. Plus I am always taking pictures of nature, so I’ll add new things here and let me other journal be crafted art.

Don’t be too fooled about the animals being caged… they have acres and acres of land, they were just all near the fences when I was taking pictures.

This place is actually pretty neat because almost all of the animals were either abused or held illegally by individuals without the proper permits and often care.

Nature and animals play right into a lot of the work I do, and I have always loved to sit in stillness and watch. (And of course take photos)

A side note, on the somewhat more magical side:

Visiting places like this can open up a lot of opportunity, particularly for a magician that operates intuitively but also those looking to fold magic or other types of work that have strange ingredients.

Animal fur, dung, body parts and bones have many magical uses, despite the species and can be kinda hard for the regular person to get.

Visiting the places like this instead of the more well known zoos and the like, gives lots of opportunity to snag or purchase some of these items that you might not find anywhere.

No one cares about that but of tiger fur stuck on the fence from where she scratched her ass…

Smaller pens get cleaned and waste is thrown away…

Often you can pick up other mementos directly from the animals in the gift shop, or asking the workers in the area about who to talk to get some of these is quite easy since they are usually all around to make sure we don’t actually climb inside with the tigers and get eaten.

That’s not even getting into the energetic workings you could get into. Do you want to commune with the bear spirit and perhaps invoke some of it’s qualities? Have no idea how to invoke a bear because your new to energy work and not real sure what the energy of a bear is like? Here you could sit down quite literally two feet from him, and practice just like you would with humans.

Also there’s often plants and other wildlife in these areas you might not otherwise find.

I actually bought this little handbag from them, to support their cause.

Now the animalsss!

8 Likes

6 Likes

6 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

5 Likes

And to wrap it up for now,

6 Likes

I forgot about feathers. Places like this with birds might have feathers. We didn’t actually have time to go to the Aviary, but I hope to at a later date. You might need to ask, but I know we are often looking for specific types of feathers for workings, and while these places may or may not sell them due to locaal legalities in some places- sometimes you’ll find them outside of the pens, along the walk to the pond where the swans are or could even ask a groundskeeper if they could/would save them for you.

3 Likes

Such a tease.:wink: Most places here on the East Coast have shut the birds up due to an Avian Flu outbreak. We went to the Philly zoo and none were out. Baltimore and DC are still quarantining their birds.

Thanks for sharing. It actually can have a larger purpose than intended. It one works with land spirits, they can dial-in on those photos and make relationships from them, with proper local advocates.

3 Likes

I didn’t even think about that, or the animals even. The land spirits are so last thought of sometimes :frowning: The picture is enough to link to the featured animal as well, in a more direct manner rather than just the archetype energy of the type of animal.

2 Likes

If this is too far out, let me know…

We use pictures of people and places to sync with and enact our Will upon them, good, bad, or neutral. They are visual and energetic links (well, can be).

If one was to center oneself in a photo, interacting with the energetic equivalent…

Let me know if I should delete. YOU will get this.

2 Likes

I think it’s okay, I do get it and considering the grove conversation, perhaps it’s good practice for others too :joy:

Totally unrelated I know yet similar- to me.

They could use it for a projection base to visit the animal rather than pull it to them though.

2 Likes

Or pull the essence of the very animal…few steps further and all that… I wpuld not harm those lovely animals in that way.

If you ever make it to Indiana, wife and I spent the night at Exotic Feline Rescue Center. They have/had a cabin for overnights (reservation). Been there several times. Lovely.

1 Like

Here is another example of taking things from nature for my practice.

I was preparing for a baneful ritual, and suddenly knew I needed rose thorns. I finished what I was working on and immediately went out to our only rose bush.

I’ve got to admit I’ve neglected it altogether so far, despite having received roses off of it, from others. I knew it was okay to take the dead limbs for their thorns, but the rose bush was also pretty clear they wanted taken care of in exchange.

This wasn’t going to be a quick and easy job, it was out of control and had many, many dead parts that needed removed and it took, what seemed like hours to accomplish. Particularly since some of this is new to me, or so old it feels forgotten.

But that wasn’t even the goal, I still had to harvest the thorns I needed for my ritual. Luckily the remembrance of @anon39079500 experience with this brought itself to my mind. In his world, the more effort and energy I put into the prep work, the more profound the ritual may be.

Eventually, I did get my thorns:

Edit: Rose thorn removal tools:

3 Likes

I found this triangular rock while wading in water above my knees.

I just had to have it for my baneful workings. I’m not very good with rocks and minerals beyond the real common ones, so I have no idea what it is. I found several in different shapes, with the same type of coloring though.

2 Likes