My offering grew mold?

I havent thought qbout kombucha at all i know its fermented tea but i never knew how it happened

As for the photo

Hopefully this is a clear image

1 Like

Yeah that is certainly mold and not a scoby on top. My first reaction, is to think your offering got special attention.

1 Like

Kombucha is made from a specific type of yeast to make fermented tea.

You can buy starter cultures for it online. Like you can get kefir, brewer’s yeast and sourdough starter online as well. Some things will ferment from the yeast in the air fine, like cabbage, but others for that particular taste you want the right strain of yeast, and you don’t want a mold.

To be honest, this is a 100% repeatable process. Leave any cup of something that can provide nutrition out in that spot and it will mold. The spores will be everywhere, on the wood, in the air…
I had a house-share with 4 boys as a student, they left coffee cups out all the time - mold city.
It’s completely normal.

1 Like

Right I understand this, but how was it discovered ya know? Probably on accident which mean in certain circumstances it can happen naturally.

i understand the natural process for sure but i was surprised because my friend’s offering didnt have any mold at all, it looks brand new despite it being made at the same time as mine

Oh right. You just have to watch nature…fruit falls to the ground and animals eat it and get drunk all over the world - you can bet humans tried it too. Simple step to collect those in a bowl, and from there to make it happen on purpose.

Different locations have different yeasts in the air, but once you’ve got a good batch you feed it and keep it going. Humans have developed new yeasts though this kind of husbandry. Kombucha goes back 9000 years and my guess is it was an extrapolation of beer making.

If humans go back 100s of thousands of years, so do fermented foods of all kinds. It’s also a great way to preserve food without fridges and freezers… After that, we’re a pretty creative lot.

1 Like

Most people have different opinions about this.

And it depends a lot on the intention of the offering.

Do not forget that there is a big difference between offering and bargaining or exchanging as in a pact.

I think if it’s something perishable, one night is enough, it’s an offering and not a curse.

If your intention was to offer energy in the form of offerings, although I don’t believe a Daemon needs it, IMHO one night is enough.

Another way you can make offerings is to share sensations with the Daemon, a process very well described in the DoM book.

Anyway, it is not what or how you make an offering, but the intention and sincerity of the act.
If you think it’s necessary, just do it and forget it, I don’t see any reason to be refused.

3 Likes

Hey,
I was directed here for a reason. I am new devotee to Santa Muerte and would like to asked you some questions.

Welcome @Andrea_Harper It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

PS: I have edited your email out of your post. Please don’t post your personal information to the public forum.