My offering grew mold?

If you recieved the answer through a good method, then that’s really the end of it, no need to wonder about further.

4 Likes

I used a pendelum although im very new to it but i have trust that its the right answer
You’re right I’ll try to not overthink it

2 Likes

I don’t put too much trust into pendulums personally from experience. But if you can let the subconscious take over then it is a good method. And if you’re new then it’s likely that it was accurate as with methods like that, when you’re new you tend to let your subconscious take over more fully.

1 Like

If you know of any other methods (other than tarot and i-ching because i cant seem to understand them ) I’d be very thankful if you can tell me , since these are the only 3 i know of

1 Like

Cleromancy is the best I know, that includes Tarot and the I Ching, so that is unfortunate in that case. What don’t you struggle to understand about the Tarot? (The I Ching can understandably be a bit confusing, but that mostly clears up with a good translation)

Jars are usually made with vinegar or oil that doesn’t support mold growth.

If you didn’t sterilise the jar before using, like with canning food and jam, then with tea, it will grow mold every time.
This is because the jar itself has mold spores inside it that are airborne.
Sterilise by heating the the oven and closing when hot. Look up how to do canning for details.

Offerings are typically disposed of after 1-3 days, I don’t really see why a spirit would want moldy tea. I’d propose an attractive teacup and chucking it out when you wouldn’t consider it fit to drink yourself.

2 Likes

I cant get my hands on a physical tarot deck (because of where i live) and i struggle to understand or remember what each card means

I thought about doing it online but i wasnt sure how accurate would free online sites be or if itd count at all

1 Like

Thank you ill try that next time

I had no idea how long i should keep my offerings for but i just informed him rhat ill dispose of it after a couple of weeks just to be safe

That is unfortunate then, but you can try Cartomancy! You just use normal playing cards, it can be a really excellent divination tool like any other. There’s plenty of books for that, but I’d say don’t use a system that makes the playing cards a budget Tarot deck, as in, don’t use the Tarot system for playing cards, as it makes it very incomplete. Look for the playing cards own unique system of cartomancy.

There’s also a book I like called “Elemental Divination” by Stephen Ball. It’s a system of divination using Dice, so if you can get three dice pieces, then I’d recommend checking that out, although for specific questions I’d say Cartomancy is best.

thank you so much!! i’ll look for these books hopefully they can help me

Do you have a photo???

I have trouble believing this would happen on accident but thats probably how it was discovered in the first place so.

I havent thought qbout kombucha at all i know its fermented tea but i never knew how it happened

As for the photo

Hopefully this is a clear image

1 Like

Yeah that is certainly mold and not a scoby on top. My first reaction, is to think your offering got special attention.

1 Like

Kombucha is made from a specific type of yeast to make fermented tea.

You can buy starter cultures for it online. Like you can get kefir, brewer’s yeast and sourdough starter online as well. Some things will ferment from the yeast in the air fine, like cabbage, but others for that particular taste you want the right strain of yeast, and you don’t want a mold.

To be honest, this is a 100% repeatable process. Leave any cup of something that can provide nutrition out in that spot and it will mold. The spores will be everywhere, on the wood, in the air…
I had a house-share with 4 boys as a student, they left coffee cups out all the time - mold city.
It’s completely normal.

1 Like

Right I understand this, but how was it discovered ya know? Probably on accident which mean in certain circumstances it can happen naturally.

i understand the natural process for sure but i was surprised because my friend’s offering didnt have any mold at all, it looks brand new despite it being made at the same time as mine

Oh right. You just have to watch nature…fruit falls to the ground and animals eat it and get drunk all over the world - you can bet humans tried it too. Simple step to collect those in a bowl, and from there to make it happen on purpose.

Different locations have different yeasts in the air, but once you’ve got a good batch you feed it and keep it going. Humans have developed new yeasts though this kind of husbandry. Kombucha goes back 9000 years and my guess is it was an extrapolation of beer making.

If humans go back 100s of thousands of years, so do fermented foods of all kinds. It’s also a great way to preserve food without fridges and freezers… After that, we’re a pretty creative lot.

1 Like

Most people have different opinions about this.

And it depends a lot on the intention of the offering.

Do not forget that there is a big difference between offering and bargaining or exchanging as in a pact.

I think if it’s something perishable, one night is enough, it’s an offering and not a curse.

If your intention was to offer energy in the form of offerings, although I don’t believe a Daemon needs it, IMHO one night is enough.

Another way you can make offerings is to share sensations with the Daemon, a process very well described in the DoM book.

Anyway, it is not what or how you make an offering, but the intention and sincerity of the act.
If you think it’s necessary, just do it and forget it, I don’t see any reason to be refused.

3 Likes

Hey,
I was directed here for a reason. I am new devotee to Santa Muerte and would like to asked you some questions.

Welcome @Andrea_Harper It is a rule of this forum for all new members to properly introduce themselves, so PLEASE CLICK ON THE IMAGE BELOW and tell us about yourself and any experience you may have in magick, such as what you practice, how long you have practiced, areas of interest, etc:

intro3

PS: I have edited your email out of your post. Please don’t post your personal information to the public forum.