My first evocation experience from Gordon Winterfield's book

Use Google Translate, there may be spelling errors
I did the second evocation ritual found in Dom’s book, and it was a disappointing experience. I’m good at using a pendulum and moving it remotely as well, but the answers are random. I wanted to communicate and talk via the pendulum with a spirit that can know the future and ask some questions. I did the ritual and didn’t feel anything at all except for some intrusive feelings that appeared. After the ritual,I don’t know what it is
Should I continue with this book or not?
What are your tips?

1 Like

If you’re new to this, this is not bad at all. Just make sure your protections are good so that whatever is coming through is actually what you wanted to talk to.

I’d say carry on, this is a skill, so the more you practice the more info you get and the easier it gets. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I made the mistake of imagining the circle of protection as large. All the conjuration tools It was inside her like a sigil
I thought about Lucifer one time, and I had the intention of attending him, so some energy appeared inside me and then disappeared. Perhaps those feelings are evidence of the presence of Satan. I don’t know. did it happen to you?
Do I just repeat the ritual?
What will happen? Will he appear and speak to me telepathically or will the demon move the pendulum?
I’m excited and I want it to work

1 Like

Do you want to evoke the goetic spirit, or invoke it?

Damon’s system has a circle with 2 names written on it: Ehyeh Hu (I Am He) on top (to invoke spirits) and AGLA (you are mighty forever, Lord) on the bottom to evoke them. This corresponds to Spirit Passives and Spirit Actives in Liber 6 (Hands & Arrows). They’re 2 separate techniques for calling spirits; Damon doesn’t make that clear. If you want to invoke the goetic spirit, use Ehyeh. To evoke them, use AGLA.

You also mentioned asking about Lucifer. Again Damon’s method has nothing to do with Lucifer. If the Godnames hold you back and you want something more infernal, call the goetic spirit using infernal techniques. Use the format in Liber 800 (Samekh), Liber 25 (the Star Ruby), or Liber 5 (vel Reguli) for an infernal or neutral way to call the goetic spirits without Judeochristian binds or trappings.

2 Likes

If you like to contact Lucifer uses the pathworking from Theodore Rose, of course that there’s those from Liber Samekh but for my experience they seem like a egregore thoughtform of Lucifer, not (in my opinion, yours can be different) the “real one” (well, some things in magick don’t have the “real it”, but in my experience the Lucifer from Theodore Rose’s book feel for me the most closer to it’s original nature).

2 Likes

A quick reminder.

Says everything. Thelema is pagan in nature, and Crowley stole most of his tech from the Judeochristian Golden Dawn order, swapping out kabbalist godnames for his own thoughtforms.

On another note Theodore Rose’s Lucifer & The Hidden Demons is excellent if you want to do Luciferian work.

2 Likes

Which spirit were you trying to contact that can tell the future?

purson

1 Like

In my experiences with ritual two, I’ve usually had strong energy come in during the ritual. I never achieved direct overt communication, but I frequently found that I ended up knowing what I needed to know shortly thereafter.

2 Likes

My first evocation ever was to Purson.

Now that i understand this game better i should redo that ritual to see the difference in connection.

A lot has changed since then

Thanks for the reminder

1 Like