My Big Fat Greek Mythology Thread!

Could you use the planetary symbols ?

2 Likes

Absolutely :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Is Thanatos, Tartarus, Hades and Erebus somehow related? I am focusing to learn more about the dark Gods

1 Like

Is your question if they are the same Entity? No theyā€™re not.
Thanatos is a secondary deity of the Underworld (which is also called Hades) brother of Hypnos (Sleep). Unlike later depictions, heā€™s a handsome young man with or without wings.

Tartarus is both a secondary deity of the Underworld, father of Typhon, and a location in the Underworld close to the Xtian Hell, a place were the evil men are tortured in the after life.

Hades/Haides/Plouton is the King of the Underworld and the name of the entire Underworld.

Erebus is primordial diety connected with the Underworld, twin brother and consort of Nyx and the name of the darkest place in the Underworld where the palace of Plouton and Persephone is. In the yard of the palace, there are 2 spings, Lethe where common souls drink to erase every memory and Mnemosyne where the Adepts of the Mysteries were drinking. In the yard is also where the three Judges sit: King Minos, King Rhadamanthus and King Aeacus. Where the 3 roads connect, is the sacred place devoted to Hecate and is where the 3 Judges decide for the souls of the dead.

9 Likes

Awesome!! :sun_with_face: now I have another question if Hades and Persephone have their palace there where is the connection with Hecate. Is there another underworld?

Iā€™m not sure I understand your questionā€¦ What kind of connection youā€™re trying to find?

Hecate along with the other Titans who either helped or stayed neutral during the Titanomachy were incorporated in Olympus. Hecate specifically was left with her original glory and was given honourably (some) powers over Sea and Sky (means sheā€™s not the ruler of Sea like Poseidon or Sky like Zeus, but still she has some powers over them) and by helping Demeter in the search for Persephone she gained some Chthonic powers as well (of the Earth).

She was the first who went to the Underworld with her torches to find Persephone and threated Hades to return her to Demeter. Eventually they (Hecate and Persephone) became close and after mother and daughter were reunited she chose to stay in the Underworld with her where she took her hypochthonic powers (under the Earth) and she became Persephoneā€™s escord: Hermes is escording her when she Ascends and Hecate escords her when she Decends.

She also became the Guardian of the ghost of the unburried dead which by tradition were destined not to enter Hades (Underworld) but to roam aimlesly for 100 years in the World of the Living and for that was named Queen of the Ghosts. This is the main story of how Hecate became an Underworld Goddess, of course there were many others not so popular like for example that she was the daughter of Zeus and Hera, cursed by Hera and driven to the Underworld to cleanse herself and from then she stayed there. But you see, Hecate is a Titaness, so itā€™s impossible to be the child of Zeus and Hera.

Obviously she lives in the Palace with the King and Queen of the Underworld for the time she stays there, Gods donā€™t hold grudges like humans after all and she became Hades (the God) partner. If they were in bad terms you think there would be a sacred place in the Palace dedicated to Hecate? :smiley:

No the Underworld is one, but imagine that itā€™s divided in sections.

8 Likes

Fascinating! Thanks a lot @Anassa. This helped me a lot. I am glad i could talk with you. :sun_with_face:

1 Like

No problem :slight_smile: Sorry if I didnā€™t gave you more specific details, but I wasnā€™t sure what are you trying to find out :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really enjoyed reading your contributions @Anassa

2 Likes

Thank you @anon58416292, really appreciated :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hello! Iā€™m super interested in Greek Mythology. Specially in Goddess Selene and how to invoke her properly. Iā€™ve done some ā€œlightā€ invocations and they worked. She came, but I need something more concrete and well performed. Iā€™ve found some stuff ā€œhere and thereā€ and all seems not too accurateā€¦ like lacking details. Thereā€™s a guy that has an invocation but he says nothing about the ritual itself (meaning tools, offerings and things that you extacly need). And he provides some insights about Luciferian rituals but I believe that you canā€™t invoke a Greek Goddess in the same way you would invoke Luciferā€¦ right?. Any help would be much appreciated.
Thanks!

2 Likes

These two channels may be interesting for the ones who want to have an idea about mythology :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hello and sorry about my late reply, you can reach me out via PM here and we can chat about it more, you are right, you cannot evoke or invoke Selene the same way that you do with a Luceferian spirit

2 Likes

Thanks so much for your response. Iā€™ll PM you later.

No probs, if I dont reply today, tomorrow deff

1 Like

Hey guys which ones of you has Information on Elpis the daughter of Nyx???

Sounds a lot like Lucifer.

2 Likes

Any idea how to best summon Nemesis??

:snake:

1 Like

Awesome!!! These Orphic hymns are magical. Nemesis seems very powerful so i am looking for the best method to summon her. This hymn is cool.

That would be Hubris :joy: But you donā€™t want to summon her like that! So better use the Orphic Hymn

2 Likes