My Big Fat Greek Mythology Thread!

Made this thread for anyone interested in talking about the Greek Gods and Greek history or experiences anyone may like to share. Gonna start it off with some Disney

25 Likes

Correction! Mythistory!

5 Likes

I thought I post this because I love it. :joy:

13 Likes

A most excellent creation myth!

4 Likes

It’s a very very old and forgotten myth, there were others that replaced it. History is written by the victors after all.

9 Likes

This is the kind of thing I’m after. Do you have some source material for further research? Links to some of these older forgotten myths?

3 Likes

My memory! These older myths you can find (either pieces or whole of them) all over the ancient literature… For example, the myth of Creation I posted here, you can find it in Homer -> Iliad, Apollonius Rhodius, Hesiud -> Theogony, Apollodorus, and Aristophanes -> The Birds. Or else…you need to know what you’re searching…

7 Likes

OK I might need your help then. Not that I wouldn’t want to explore the whole of the works of the great poets but I have read a good amount of it. I am trying to find associations and commonalities in the oldest versions of religions and mythologies. So where as it may take me months or even years to find an obscure clue to something you may just know it and be able to say, "hey Adam, I think I know what word you are looking for or what that symbol means etc.
Also I’ve been thinking about the message and I’ve had some revelations I will tell you in PM.

2 Likes

The best will always be Kevin Sorbo as Hercules and Lucy Lawless as Xena.
Hercules
Xena

On that note, I found an interesting documentary the other day. I recommend watching it for anyone interested in the Greek gods.

EDIT: How do you embed videos?

EDIT 1: Trying it

5 Likes

You just cut and paste the link and it does it on its own if it can.

2 Likes

Thanks a lot! Going to give it a try.

3 Likes

Interesting thread here, for any info hit me up, I am more than glad to help (Greek Mythology and entities come from where I live :wink: )

4 Likes

Well well… Same :wink:

2 Likes

Greek gods generally are archetypes of the God-Mind.

I called Poseidon once, and asked him to help me inherit his qualities and master the aspect of the tree of life he stands for…; in any way he can. His roman name Neptune he says is not a valid one, he also states) you might want to see Percy Jackson, the lightning thief (though not historically accurate in any way - you can call beings from both polarities for self-transformation, you do can inherit all of their abilities fully, unto a molecular level and even deeper…; :wink:

1 Like

This is so true and a great bit to share with us. Cheers!

1 Like

Where’s the love for Bellerophon?

3 Likes

If anyone is interested, I could write later or tomorrow about some Greek Daemons.

6 Likes

I’m always ready for some Greek myths,legends and magic :pray:
Thanks.
Hvala.
ευχαριστίες

4 Likes

He’s my fave Greek hero.

1 Like

I would love that! That would be great and thanks!

1 Like