Most powerful talisman I've used yet

I picked up these hand made talismans from @Oet89. The quality is fantastic! Labridorite and amethyst combo, the energy with the copper wiring oh lordy!! I placed this fucker on my third eye, extremely vivid visions and powerful projections with energy. Still working with it and will update it here.

3 Likes

Pics or it didn’t happen!

I wanna see (stone junky)!!!

I have both those stones and copper.

2 Likes

Ah i don’t like posting pics of my crystals. Perhaps @Oet89 can post some of his older work.

3 Likes

Kk. Maybe I’ll see if my two would work for me, too.

2 Likes

Hi, I’d be glad to share some pictures tomorrow :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lol pics or it didn’t happen. :joy:

2 Likes

2 Likes

Damn, sorry for the bad photo :joy:

the back isn’t quite finished…

2 Likes

I swear its not a dog hair, just some fibrous material in my display box :joy:

1 Like

1 Like

2 Likes

I can’t advertise myself here. I’m not really on the forum for that purpose, but this is what I do every day, so… It’s kind of difficult to not talk about it everywhere :joy:.

2 Likes

That’s very nice!
Unfortunately I cannot wear most metals for more than a few minutes. Even surgical steel.

1 Like

Thank you! Are there any metals that don’t bother you?

1 Like

I can tolerate 24k gold for a while. But hard to find what I like that’s made with it. I can wear pure silver in ring form for a few hours before the itching.
I wear a lot of stone beading that keeps the metal off my skin.

2 Likes

.999 Silver I can get, :slight_smile: have you tried titanium? I know it’s not a super desirable metal but I know that it’s super hypoallergenic. Gold I can get, but at the moment I’m not ready to pay out of pocket for it.

1 Like

Sounds like a nickel allergy? I’m horribly allergic to nickel, it just gets worse over time and it’s in everything. First itching, then bumps and then it’ll blister. I have had good luck with Rhodium (white gold) plating, but when it wears through it’ll get you. Nickel free is not actually nickel free. I react to surgical steel also.

For silver it depends on the mines it comes from - silver deposits naturally contain nickel as well as silver in the veins. Mexican silver is the worst, UK silver I was able to wear for a long time before my allergy got bed enough that even that wasn’t any good, German silver was in between.

I haven’t tried .999 silver, but if the .001 is nickel, it’s still probably going to cause a reaction for people that sensitive.
24k Gold should do it, but it would be a bit soft to work with for wire working, no? But it’s like $70 a foot at Rio Grande, pricey.

I’ve tried “nickel free titanium” and I still reacted to it, but I suspect it was fake and I might try that again - it’s expensive to experiment with though. I usually liberally coat the skin-side of things with nail varnish and mostly don’t wear metal.

2 Likes

Yeah.
I’ve not tried titanium. Hard to find, and not really attractive.

2 Likes

What I do for talismans, is restring them with pleather cords and give away the chain, then use the nail varnish trick or wear over clothes. Nail varnish chips though and those tiny holes will allow a reaction, so you have to inspect the thing before using,

@Oet89 do you work with beading at all? Another technique I’d use for making a talisman is called “beaded cabochons” as a replacement for wire working. You can weave seed bead bezels as well so main elements are held into a fabric backing (typically microsuede) with thread.

2 Likes