Maybe it's worth saying

Let me clarify, many just want to jump into this to see something crazy, but they have no real intended purpose beyond that. I find this careless and I believe if a person needs that level of convincing of that degree to begin with then magick may not be the way for some.

Yes magick can be good for you, but for the emotionally distraught it can be ill-advised.

4 Likes

The biggest problem I observe is people who don’t believe in their heart of hearts that magick is real, so they do reckless stuff that would make a more experienced magician’s hair stand up in horror trying to get some kind of phenomena for entertainment’s sake, to prove a point, whilst also retaining the idea nothing bad can really happen to them.

It’s like being a 300lbs couch potato who watches a lot of kung fu movies, one day he pops out for more chips and soda, and sees a gang of thugs in a car park harassing some innocent person.

So he wades in with big talk and putdowns because in the movies people who do that always have the upper hand, and everyone knows bad guys jump you one at a time, just in time for the next choreographed kick and punch, and they always have a glass jaw.

This scenario would not end well, shit would get way too real, way too fast - and magick is real, spirits can and will fuck you up if you conduct yourself in certain ways, just as people will. :man_shrugging:

14 Likes

Pain is one form of initiation. I speak from experience.

3 Likes

@Mapachtli @Lady_Eva yeah, absolutely, one should know what they’re getting into. That’s why I called out “tourists” in my response. =)
I have seen magick drive people insane or very close to it when they didn’t believe, but saw shit happen.

7 Likes

The only thing I take a slight position of disagreement with is the depression thing. Depression can be overcome through magick. How else will one overcome it and become “ready” to start practicing? I’m just saying, who’s really ready to practice? In the magick that I do, I create emotions and thoughtforms during ritual which direct energy through intent and will. Even if I was feeling depressed before the ritual, the meditation and other techniques I use get me into an altered state in which I can feel and think what I need to in order to change myself or my situation. Depression can be overcome/bypassed.

8 Likes

Yes, the LHP philosophy as distinct from RHP and the saturation of new age and Christian concepts were contributing factors in my problems, and exploring LHP fixed that, I posted about it before: How has the left hand path changed you? - #3 by Lady_Eva

7 Likes

Good point mate, but I would say that there have to be a fun element into it ( with sufficient caution). Because the main reason people leave magic at step one is that they expect immediate result, which is not going to happen for a neophyte. And yes if you are delving into magic with the expectation of fixing everything at the first try, you are nothing but a fool. It takes years of practice to reach even mid level in sorcery.

3 Likes

This post reminds me, that I find it very odd, that some people seem to think Magick is the answer to all of life’s problems/questions/troubles. It seems obssessive to me. The thought that some spirit/deity etc, should always be ready to stand by and help with every little detail of someone’s life seems too selfish. It also seems like some people try to claim, that Magick, the spirit world etc. is some kind of hierarchy, where you just need to find the right way of climbing the ladder, which seems way too easy, and not taking anything wild, unpredictable and not least natural (supernatural) into consideration.

1 Like

Magick doesn’t fix mundane stupidity.
If you are stupid enough to spend all your money on a new gadget to impress someone (you don’t know) and then not have enough money to pay for rent - that is YOUR problem not Du/chess/ke Bune’s issue or Lord Clauneck’s problem. If you let “friends” have access to a bank card for whatever reason and they clean you out - that is your issue not the entity’s to resolve. If you choose to do something illegal and you are caught, you can sit there all you want reciting enns and hoping in desperation to get pulled out of a fix.

You make it you own it.
If you create a spell and you do not word it correctly, or you think it’s a bit of a joke - best case scenario it won’t work - worst case it will exactly as you worded it. It is what you wanted - take responsibility. Yep, that goes for all those lovely people who worship the sky daddy and yet love the law of attraction and all those lovely energies as well - hmmn, you know where they all come from don’t you? You blow out birthday candles and make wishes yet go pray on a Sunday…

Yep - I make it I own it - I bind I accept, he bound me before and since again - and we will forever whether we want to or not.

Well there I said it.

Instant gratification vs long game.
It’s serious stuff, it’s a long game - you may not do it consistently but it is a long game and the prize may not be instant. Do you really want the prize? Will you still want the prize if he’s heavier, has less hair, not quite as fit?

Those who know, know… those who play expect instant tricks.

If you are dumb enough to have been caught out by an instant result you have another think coming - you were tested.

Oh and then there is the work on yourself. Are you worthy of that prize at this point in your life? What do you need to change about you?

I don’t have all the answers, I simply don’t sugar coat anything because I realise that I need to change myself as well.

6 Likes

I’ve somewhat experienced all the referenced “fails”: fixing issues, seeing things… The thoughts occurring to me at the moment are that, in some occasions, I felt interest for this or that author of magic and got back reading/studying what he wrote. So at least I do something I like and, apparently, I need as well. After all, different skills must be considered: on one hand divination, evocation… and, on the other, visualization, energy raising etc.
Useful also an advice by EA in the muggle guide’s vid: to enjoy the workings instead of obsessing over results.

1 Like

Bottom line. Don’t get into magick of you’re LAZY, incompetent, greedy and want a quick fix. You are literally opening up your mind and spirit to ancient entities. Shit gets real. If you want or expect hocus pocus, might I suggest dungeons and dragons. If you’re dedicated and a hustler, step on board.

8 Likes

Well, I see what you’re saying, but for me, it actually has helped me quite a bit.

1 Like

Like a lot of things in life if someone wants for some sort of perfect ideal time to start practicing Magick, it will never happen. Some situations might be better than others but when it comes down to it if we put things off until the " perfect time" then we will keep putting it off and putting it off and putting it off. Never getting anywhere. Major life decisions seem to work that way.

And I feel you on the benefits to mental health. That resonates.

4 Likes

Well i got started out curiosity from beimg a Christian to kabbla golden dawn than Wicca left several times now back lol don’t think anyone is ever ready and for those called find there way
Just as a side note most of Golden Dawn people had major fallimgs in life didn’t stop them from greatness

1 Like

For some it is about turning to spirits, when there is nothing else left. I know a man like Peter Grey, from Scarlet Imprint, talks about that as his personal experience, and I recognize it with myself as well. And one can add very simply, that if you do not approach this with humility, you are a fool.

2 Likes

So true I lost about everything twice in last three years sad think of it like that yes when nothing left Demons will help and welcome you lol

1 Like

I know everyone agrees to disagrees on the emotion part. Yes, magick can help your emotional state. Yes, depression and other instabilities can be conquered. Why I said it was because if you conquered it, you were almost over it anyway. For some people it takes longer and magick can not only make you mentally unstable but emotionally as well.

Lastly, high amounts of emotion can cancel out your desired intent when you are obsessing over it, because you really need that money for the rent or something other.

Hence, magick and being emotionally strained may not make you successful but may do more harm.

Note, the “May” part

2 Likes

Yes holy gods yes magick can make an unstable person fall off the deep end. It’s not safe for everyone.

1 Like

Yes, absolutely yes. After my first by-the-book evocation for something important that I needed I couldn’t stop thinking about it. I stressed out and worried and still nothing happened. Eventually I just gave up. I accepted the idea that I wouldn’t get what I needed, and basically said “fuck it, I don’t care anymore.” That same day I get the call and the thing that I wanted had come to pass.

3 Likes

So when you let go of it, that’s when it manifested? It’s almost like you’re saying “set it and forget it” works or something. :raised_hands::raised_hands::raised_hands:

3 Likes