Maria Padilha

Does anyone have any experience working with Maria Padilha for lust spells?

2 Likes

No, but what is interesting is that she is carried on in the Quimbanda system, she is a real european queen accused of witchcraft and supposedly that is how the spanish and portugese started to revere her as a folk saint, so if you wanted to go to the origins of her as a an entity, you could research folk catholic practices and veneration of the dead.

So, a lot of people will speak of the protocols in the brazilian system, however they existed in a different way for a long time as a person, and was romanticised in a play/opera around the same time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MarĂ­a_de_Padilla

a good book on how practices evoled that may have had an impact in the new world is Death and Dying in Colonial Spanish America.

Remember Brujeria is a spanish word and many of the witch trials and inquisitions were in Spain, so while many Quimbanderos have their own way, what Maria Padilla actually was and supposedly did has its own traidtions in folk saint veneration and spanish/gypsy witchcraft and I don’t see why you couldn’t learn some of that on your own.

Pomba Gira Maria Padilha isn’t one spirit. She is many.
Maria Padilha das Almas
Maria Padilha das Sete Encruzilhadas
And many more.

ALL Pomba Giras and Exus are dead spirits who fulfill the roles of these “archetypes”. If you were to sing to Pomba Gira Padilha you’ll get someone different than the historical woman who inspired these manifestations.

2 Likes

[quote=“Euoi, post:3, topic:5466”]Pomba Gira Maria Padilha isn’t one spirit. She is many.
Maria Padilha das Almas
Maria Padilha das Sete Encruzilhadas
And many more.

ALL Pomba Giras and Exus are dead spirits who fulfill the roles of these “archetypes”. If you were to sing to Pomba Gira Padilha you’ll get someone different than the historical woman who inspired these manifestations.[/quote]

Although I feel another stupid argument brewing, the question was for Jay, and he said Maria Padilla, who as Maria Padilla was a real person and the Padilla Reina who is “Queen” the other Marias at other power points of 7 lines from Umbanda were classifications of legions of spirits under the Orishas, and the split into “Quimbanda Kingdoms” has to do with gateways of power points between the worlds similar to “crossroads”. It’s complicated but related to the phalanxes and “linhas” I don’t belive all Exu’s and Pomba Gira’s are dead people, I think some are intermediaries related to nature and the prime spirits named Exu.

This is where a lot of the protocols come from and the congo/bantu emphasis on a lineage of priests, magicians and witches, so you take initiation into the cult and after death can manifest in it and develop it from the other side. This is why so many Exus/Pomba Giras are real people, so what I was saying is that , if you want to work with “Maria Padilla” their is a bunch of stuff that is accessable to the average person

2 Likes

Sorry I dont know anything about quimbanda. What’s the difference between a pinball Gita and an Exu? Wich Maria Padilha can I call to get this hot girl I like to have sex with me? I can use a demon but Maria Padilha just jumped out at me. Like hey I’ll give you the hot lusty sex u want with her. This girl is bad. Dark skin brown eyes fat ass. Like pocohantea. She even has braces. She is fucking hot.

1 Like

There is no argument. These are the facts:

Exus are dead spirits who were elevated with a fire.
Pomba Gira Maria Padilha is a type of Pomba Gira, there are many women who answer to this name.

I never argued he couldn’t contact the original lady. BUT, he is more than likely expecting the Pomba Gira, as she is the one popularly known for love work. And as I said, she is legion.

Jay, let me put it this way…
Just as with Palo, ocha, etc. You need to go through the Tata to find the spirits that walk with you. Maria Padilha may or may not be with you. And to do real spellwork, you need initiation.

Exus are the male spirits, Pomba Giras are the female spirits.

I have to respect that. I Fell for it too. I was reading stuff on the Internet that made it seem like u could work with her. What’s the deal with all these posts by witches like I use Baron I use Chango. When they are just into Wicca. Is they just crazy? Or do they really get results.?

The western pagan religions died out under Christianity, and a lot of the pagan religions influenced Chrsitianity, and a lot of pagan witchcraft existed in these countries and survived as folk beliefs. These folk beliefs merged with the African religions in the new world, but also exist on their own and were in a lot of peoples families one way or the other.

People trying to reconstruct the old religions had problems because history was incomplete, much of it being destroyed, and many people wanted to search ancient history and try to reconstruct the religions. Along with this, many people as far as magic practice had only ceremonial magic to base ceremonies on. At some point witchcraft and ceremonial magic did overlap.

With religions like Wicca, witchcraft as a reconstructed religion tried to make a system out of what was known, so while the general format of the ceremonies exist, the gods and goddess used are different, so many people took this format and chose to work with a particular pagan culture, or the gods they wanted to work with.

So modern witches and wiccans and pagans are used to trying to tap into the gods themselves when the old ways of how to do it were mostly lost. I think this is a big part of it. So its a part of their systems to work with gods and goddess and spirits directly. Some wiccans worship and conjure lillith, diana, hecate, kali and others all as part of the “goddess”.

Hecate and Diana had particular rites, Kali has definite elaborate worship and initiations, and whatever we have about lillith says “she’s bad don’t fuck with her”. Their are some pagans, mainly druids and odinists/asatruar that think this approach is bad, for the same reasons you probably think its bad

Jay, the real witches don’t do that. Only the fake/stupid ones who wouldn’t know a spirit if it slapped them across their face and called them Nancy.

1 Like

Yeah I figured that. Why is working with demons so much easier?

It’s a strange question. Most entities that are called demons are in western religions are thought to be capable of being the enemy of the creator of the universe and in old religions they were gods over nations and cities uses for things like war and famine. So yes why can you command these things?

Maria Padilla was a real person that why she a queen with others in her linha anything I said you can look up it not a secret so if you worried about protocol the original Maria that al that shit based on is a person use ur divination or whatever and ask her that my 2 cents. If you care about the other stuff that is formal you can read about the lihnas and stuff and how exu is related to what they call exu spirits get a real book by a scholar and chill with some knowledgeable Brazilians not looking for American money. Originally it Spanish witchcraft yo including the cantos.

1 Like

If I do an evocation of sitry I’m probably gonna kill something for him. Give him a black rooster.

Demons don’t operate the same way as African spirits. The ADR spirits basically want their tradition a certain way, and can also restrict the amount of people able to call them to only to those who they want.
Demons can manifest in similar ways, but the relationship between them and the magicians of old were completely different from that between the African spirits and their initiates.

1 Like

[quote=“Euoi, post:14, topic:5466”]Demons don’t operate the same way as African spirits. The ADR spirits basically want their tradition a certain way, and can also restrict the amount of people able to call them to only to those who they want.
Demons can manifest in similar ways, but the relationship between them and the magicians of old were completely different from that between the African spirits and their initiates.[/quote]

Most demons in western mythos are from some type of cannamite or other wise Semitic tribal god which had plenty of tied to the people and the Abrahamic faiths wiped all that out. What I’m saying is not to disrespect living religions I just don’t see why people don’t say the same things about western ceremonial systems. I always found that it is weird. "Demons don’t work that way " what is that based on. Their are tons of protocols in western cultures for working with demons.

My question is why do people feel that throwing dogma and tradition for the scientific do it yourself approach is ok for that system but not the atr. It just seems weird. Same thing for Vedic gods , Buddha’s Angels Yoga kundalini certain types of chi kung. And I’m not saying the protocols don’t matter in atrs but why is it ok to break the rules in other systems and how do people decide that. For other systems. Most occult systems come from systems of initiation as are most religions.

You have a very valid point. I guess the best way to sum it up is like this. When u get iniated into most atr’s what happens is this. You have the energies from that current put into you. So they become part of you. They become extensions of you. That being said I don’t think anything bad will happen to you if contact these entities. Wich I have said all along if you look at my posts. I think that you are less likely to have results if you don’t have the said energies of that current flowing through you. I wish there was a way to not have to pay. Trust me there’s a lot of stuff that I would love to spend the money on instead. I know we’re getting way off track here and it my fault on this tread. But I will say this to back up what I just said. Now say you have a book on palo and gives you all the songs and ingredients that go in a ritual to build a Prenda. Yes it’s a secret and thats a no no. But there’s no way you can build a Prenda with out the one most important part. Every Prenda’s energy is passed from Prenda to Prenda and can be traced back to the first Prenda that was built from that line of palo. So there’s no way around iniiation. So pretty much if you do it by yourself. You just spent all that time to talk to a pot full of sticks and rocks. You just have a really nice prop. So I’m assuming that’s why. All this after eating sushi.

For lust spells youre supposed to work with your own PombaGira. Rhe Exus are not like other spirits that you can just pick ine you like and call em…at least thats what I was taught. If it works for you then go for it.

2 Likes

Yes, like every other ADR, you work with the spirits in your court way before anyone else.

Ok thanks for educating me

[quote=“empyrean93, post:15, topic:5466”][quote=“Euoi, post:14, topic:5466”]Demons don’t operate the same way as African spirits. The ADR spirits basically want their tradition a certain way, and can also restrict the amount of people able to call them to only to those who they want.
Demons can manifest in similar ways, but the relationship between them and the magicians of old were completely different from that between the African spirits and their initiates.[/quote]

Most demons in western mythos are from some type of cannamite or other wise Semitic tribal god which had plenty of tied to the people and the Abrahamic faiths wiped all that out. What I’m saying is not to disrespect living religions I just don’t see why people don’t say the same things about western ceremonial systems. I always found that it is weird. "Demons don’t work that way " what is that based on. Their are tons of protocols in western cultures for working with demons.

My question is why do people feel that throwing dogma and tradition for the scientific do it yourself approach is ok for that system but not the atr. It just seems weird. Same thing for Vedic gods , Buddha’s Angels Yoga kundalini certain types of chi kung. And I’m not saying the protocols don’t matter in atrs but why is it ok to break the rules in other systems and how do people decide that. For other systems. Most occult systems come from systems of initiation as are most religions.[/quote]

This is taking th conversation more off the original topic but here we go.

There was a topic of people using Saint Cyprian’s Ponto Riscado ( sigil for lack of a better term) to contact him who were not initiated into Quimbanda. A Tata of the religion had this to say.

"Frankly, if you use a Quimbanda ponto, you're associated with Quimbanda. May not be proper license, but then again, using a Christian saint by non Christians is an interesting parallel, no? It is telling for a cult like Quimbanda to find appeal amongst 'necromancers' of another cultural mind- it is diretly in line with the cult's beliefs and modus operandi. The ponto contains coded messaging about the relationship and identity of Cyprian as he manifests in a specific Brazilian mindset. Does that mindset exist outside Brazil? Yes, I believe it does. Is the ponto the property of Quimbanda? You'd have to decide that yourself. Appropriation, respect, eclecticism, the 'whats-hot-now', inspiration – your intention makes a difference. But to use it *is* to participate in Quimbanda in some way I'd wager, even if just using the ponto riscado we use for him as a living link to the spirit of the Saint. Now, pontos are drawn and empowered in particular ways- just drawing it has some power, but knowing 'how' to draw it and being given license *to* draw it has its own history within the cult. Knowing the meaning of his ponto is another thing entirely. But... you don't have to be able to read a book to transcribe it.Despite what a few have said, although the ponto is for Cyprian Quimbandeiro, we don't see a difference between the Saint and the Quimbandeiro - they are one in the same. Obviously, orthodox Christianity (and by that I mean non-heretical) may have a different take on the Saint proper. But, you know, just to throw logs on the fire here..."

So from this we can see we may tap into or get a taste of what a tradition may offer but like anything being fully immersed in it and understanding the traditions and protocols may yield more powerful results. Even the old gods may have responded differeny before christianity demonized and adapted the systems to fit their own cosmology.

1 Like