Manifesting a Perfect Life (Has anyone achieved this?)

Have any of you ever reached a stage where you experienced, or are currently experiencing, a period of total happiness/ contentment in your life (achieved through magickal means)?

Obviously ‘absolute happiness’ is a difficult concept to define, but what I mean is - a period where your life was exactly how you wanted it to be, where you had no problems, had achieved all your goals at the time, and generally just felt great.

I am certain that it is possible to achieve this state - surely it is one of the goals of magick? To make your life - the here and now - as joyful and fulfilling as possible?

I sometimes feel as though my life is a constant struggle, just one problem after the next. In the end, things always turn out the way I want them to, but that’s usually only after a period of intense worry/stress. I know that I need to change my way of thinking once and for all. I need to start expecting happiness, instead of problems. But these thought-patterns are so deeply ingrained in me, so it’s not an easy process. Any ideas how I can expedite this?

3 Likes

IMO it’s the worry/stress part you need to fix and not the externals.

If every circumstance of your life was utterly perfect, no change could be desired (so you could potentially actually stress about the loss of that perfection!) or, worse yet, you’d become stagnant - a creature so devoid of dynamism and growth that you simply exist in stasis.

Unless you’re actually being physically tormented by something to the exntent it jams your cognitive abilities, or are in the first acute stages of some strong emotion like grief, terror, or despair, happiness is a choice - if you wait until you have a “perfect” life, whilst worrying about all the things that can go wrong, you’re actively choosing to both delay happiness, and prevent it creeping in by thinking the exact kinds of thought that will keep your mind focused on painful ideas.

How many of the things you’ve worried about in life came out as bad or worse than you expected?

And - this bit’s important - where a bad event happened, that you had worried about in advance, did that precursor of worry somehow make a downpayment, that made the actual event itself LESS serious when it did arrive?

I’ve copied below just a tiny excerpt of the book Psycho-Cybernetics that covers this:

I have found that one of the commonest causes of unhappiness among my patients is that they are attempting to live their lives on the deferred payment plan.

They do not live, nor enjoy life now, but wait for some future event or occurence.

They will be happy when they get married, when they get a better job, when they get the house paid for, when they get the children through college, when they have completed some task or won some victory.

Invariably, they are disappointed.

Happiness is a mental habit, a mental attitude, and if it is not learned and practiced in the present it is never experienced.

It cannot be made contingent upon solving some external problem. When one problem is solved, another appears to take its place. Life is a series of problems.

If you are to be happy at all, you must be happy - period! not happy "because of."
Psycho-Cybernetics by Maxwell Maltz, p.98.

More:

(Link if it doesn’t display correctly: http://s9.postimg.org/gc97grq3j/psych1.jpg)

Now, to “Has magick made my life perfect?”

No.

Nor, IMO, should it ever do quite that - it should make my life one where I’m so empowered by the material things of life - money, relationships, status, all that - that I have the strong foundation to continue to perfect myself, to continue to overcome challanges (internal and external) and ever be moving forward with change and growth.

Sure, part of me wants to lie perfectly still in a glass coffin in a perfect world of totally sunny days and starry nights - but that way lies eventual decay, because like it or not, we’re all experiencing linear spacetime and philosophies as ancient as the I Ching recognise that life is about cycles and changes - even the Kybalion mentions this, though it does concede that the adept can begin to lock parts of his or her reality into the vibrational state required.

And therein lies another issue - the more worry you express, the more you’re pouring visualisation and energy into the very things you least want!

Guys like Napoleon Hill talk a lot about this, and IMO that’s some good stuff to seek out (Success Through A Positive Mental Attitude should be available online somewhere, it’s out of copyright) and in the meanwhile, resolve to stop being reactive to circumstances that are already “out there,” in the dead and already decayiong manifest world, and resolve instead to become the creative god of your own reality - this is actual advice I’ve had from spirits.

Choose to dictate your mood, rather than have it fed to you so you respond like a trained animal; and take responsibility for controlling your thoughts rather than allowing them to be reckless and create strong emotions that undermine your ability to live an enjoyable life right now.

Full disclosure :o) - this stuff has been the main journey of my life, from a very political and angsty family who raised me to be constantly worried about things, plus my own obsessive nature, then I actually liberated myself (still a work in progress) by readings books like Nap. Hill’s work and so on, Psycho-Cybernetics being relatively recent and probably one of the best.

As I changed my reactions, my external world changed for the better - as I took back mastery of my mind and emotions, so I acquired more mastery in the outer world, and also within magick, going from being a passive person looking for the only path out (RHP) to choosing to become an active person with my ongoing goal - to command the powers of a goddess, within my lifetime (yeah, I know that’s nuts!).

Use magick to change the crap life throws at you of course, we all do that, but meanwhile focus on releasing the corrosive worry, you can’t handle bad shit on an installment plan, so why suffer ahead of time? (Far harder than it sounds, I KNOW!)

15 Likes

Thank you so much for the great advice Lady Eva! I am going to read through all of again later after work, as I’m just feeling so exhausted at the moment and finding it hard to concentrate on anything.

You’ve made some really good points. Yes, my constant worrying/anxiety/ OCD is a massive issue and something I deffo need to sort out. Most of the things I worry about don’t usually happen or are usually resolved in the end anyway- so you are right that worrying is just a massive waste of time.

Thanks again, this is really helpful :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have SO been there - look on the plus side, because OCD (“do this, or bad things happen”) is your mind attempting to create a conditionality leverage over outcomes.

It’s an attempt to seize control, through actions.

That means your mind - even though ridden at first by what seems like senseless ideas - was always trying to throw a harness and saddle on those buckaroos in the outer world. :slight_smile:

So, some part of you was communicating your power, even though it made it conditional, which isn’t that the same thing as “Find the right planetary hour, eat the herb, do this magic dance” etc., of the rest of the world which focuses power outside the self?

It is my modest proposal that nutters like us (please 'scuse the generalisation) reveal the anatomy of that larger conditionality, because we heard it too many times before from lame and hollow artefacts of our own desire to conquer life, where and when we feel like anything but victorious conquerors!

So, in brief - if you have ideas that say do this, and be safe - then you evidently have safety within your grasp, or it couldn’t be offered, even with conditionality - if those voice/urges say they will grant you some power, go Viking on their ass and seize it.

What else is this doing for you?

Ask questions, be aggressive, be real. :wink:

3 Likes

I’ve never thought about it like that. You’ve given me a lot to think about :slight_smile: thank you!

Im actually starting to feel a bit better now. This evening I did something I very rarely do- I consciously chose to let go of something that’s worrying me, until I’ve figured out what to do about it.

I was planning on going to an event tonight where a person I really need to talk to is going to be. It would have been a good opportunity to resolve a situation which has been stressing me out for months. However, I’ve been feeling like shit all day, and dreaded the thought of having to drag my ass all the way there when I can barely stand up. I was agonizing over it all day- do I go, do I not, do I go, do I not? Eventually I thought- ‘fuck it! I KNOW that this is going to be sorted out eventually, so I’m going to go home, have a takeaway and get into bed, and not think about it tonight! I’ll make another plan to sort this out when I’m feeling better.’

Quite a liberating feeling :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know shit about clinical psychology but I do know being crazy, myself, like really painfully so, and about getting myself free. :wink:

So that’s what I post from and about, and if it helps, yay! And if not, oopps, but good luck anyway. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I was going to say something nice, something constructive, but then LadyEva happened and “stole” my words D:

Yet I do have something in me box!

See, you ever heard about recalling sensations? You ever heard about that exercise of closing your eyes, pulling your head back and opening your mouth while imaginng you’re dropping a pinch of salt on your tongue? Well, participants experienced the sensation of actually having salt poured on their tongue.

Scientists classify this under memory recall. Sure, it’s possible, but what they often don’t speak about is EMOTION recalling.

A friend of mine had trouble achieving T/G synch because he could not pin out what it is like to be in that state. It’s easy to tell someone “just relax”, but I described to him a few situations where he already had been experiencing T/G synch, and when he recalled them in his mind? Well he told me about the little lights of the static blurr most people see!

SO, happyness CAN be recalled and can be used to situationally patch your reality. As a sort of cooling mechanism in the face of adversity:

• Remember that time when you entered a store that seemingly held no interest or importance for you at first glance, yet you happened to find that special book or ring you’ve always wanted.

• Remember those old summer days when you could lay down on the grass and enjoy a cool breeze under a tree.

• Remember the fascination you held with miniature objects and the joy that brought thinking if it would be nice to shrink and grow at will to the point you could live like an aristocrat in your doll house.

• Remember how fucking smart you thought you were when you came to the conclusion that having a mad scientist ray with which to enlarge a tomato to the ize of a car would solve world hunger, despite the fact that you never thought about how you’d get around with building that awesome gizmo in the first place!

• Remember the joy you felt when you saw the first jungle gym and realized that sitting and living like monkeys was the fucking best it ever had happened to you.

• Remember when you could sit on a chair and wave your hands like holding a steering wheel and go on whacky adventures thinking you were driving a car despite the fact that you weren’t going anywhere.

Do that, try to remember an example of each situation I described, and you’ll soon be invaded by a fuzzy glow that will become an instinctive reaction for you.You won’t why you’re waking up so happy every day!

2 Likes

I…I’ve got to go!

1 Like

Oh man I’m glad Im not the only one lol! Sometimes feel like such a freak when everyone around me seems so normal and ‘sane’ hahaha!

Thanks 333 for your advice- sounds like a great idea. I do actually often feel intensely positive about life, it’s just when the depression/ anxiety/ OCD hits me it’s a downward spiral and so hard to pull myself out of it. I’m deffo gonna try this ‘emotional recall’ that you suggested :slight_smile:

Glad to be of help. If all else fails? Or even if it doesn’t? Listen to this remix where they mash Biggie Smalls song with the theme from Thomas the Tank Engine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6jtLAnqiiA

Works every time for me XD

Lol! Gonna give it a listen now :wink:

There’s an exercise in the book The Now Habit by Neil Fiore (the overall book cures procrastination - nope, I’m NOT overstating that! And not by telling you “just do it now” despite the title) - anyway in the exercise, he advises you do “the work of worrying.”

What this is, he proposes (correctly IMO) that all things we do have some kind of positive intent, i.e., they’re an attempt by our mind to get the best outcome possible in a stew of emotion and misconceptions. This & Psycho-Cyberbetics fit together like one huge manual for operating your mind, and the third essential is Getting Things Done by David Allen - life-changing stuff.

Here’s an excerpt from The Now Habit on “the work of worrying”:

Image links for if they don’t display:

1. http://s13.postimg.org/pnyp8tc5j/tnh1.jpg
  2. http://s13.postimg.org/s949wc1jb/tnh2.jpg
  3. http://s10.postimg.org/iriavtnft/tnh3.jpg
  4. http://s22.postimg.org/sp5v6itn5/tnh4.jpg
1 Like

Thanks for posting this! I’m having a look at that book on Amazon now :slight_smile:

“Have I limited my options by insisting on only one perfect job and by being dictatorial about how I think my life should be”

That is soooo me lol! I’m a very, very independent person and a bit of a control freak (Aries sun and fire element is generally very prominent in my chart)- so things always have to go EXACTLY my way lol. So often I’m just too stubborn to realise that there are in fact alternatives, which may even ultimately be preferable.

I stopped thinking about it, for happiness. Ive had it before. Its not something I’m too familiar with or see the big deal in. I have had to rewrite the definition of happy, so that I can be happy.

Happy to me is doing hard work. It makes me happy to be challenged. To be totally screwed over. Its more interesting. Eliminate the fears. Adsactly like stated above; no worries.

COMFORTABLE…is the word you want, a perfect definition in this movie:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHFLJm7VXOw

Thanks for your thoughts on this Sawbenah :slight_smile:

[quote=“Sawbenah, post:14, topic:5279”]I have had to rewrite the definition of happy, so that I can be happy.[/quote] I really like this. Yes, indeed that is true. Happiness means different things to different people. It’s something I’ve been thinking about a lot lately.

Yes, dependent on my understanding and definition of perfection, which continually changes as my values and perspectives change. I have achieved a few things that I thought were most important highlights in my life, and life still goes on. In conclusion I would have to say ‘perfecting’ is a more accurate definition. It encompasses the fluidity of ever increasing, a becoming.

[quote=“Akasha, post:1, topic:5279”]Have any of you ever reached a stage where you experienced, or are currently experiencing, a period of total happiness/ contentment in your life (achieved through magickal means)?

Obviously ‘absolute happiness’ is a difficult concept to define, but what I mean is - a period where your life was exactly how you wanted it to be, where you had no problems, had achieved all your goals at the time, and generally just felt great.[/quote]

I had that at one point, circumstances fit what I thought I wanted, I was happy and calm, and discovering magic.

Problem is, we create our reality from moment to moment. What was good before and turn to absolute shit and back in the blink of an eye.

I just made a monster post and it fits here aswell i figured so here you go:

You are created in the image of god. What god believes in happens. What you believe in happens. Learn how to believe in something you got taught is impossible and it will become possible.

The believe every religion is talkin about is not the belief in some kind of god or prophet but the believe itself.

Stop make partys for your birthday. Delete your birthdate and delete your calender. Feel the age you want to become on a constant basis and you will become that. We really need to assume that EVERYTHING we have been taught is a lie - because it is.

Two most important days in a year for a kid? Birthday and christmas - why? Because of presents. To make them materialists. Partying when birthday - why? To make you feel older. People come around and ask ‘hey how do you feel by growing so old’ and stuff like that. Its to make you feel older and to form your belief about it so it happens.

When you train your muscles they are only growing because you believe they will grow. I just make pushups once per day and i have more progress in muscle building than a few friends of mine who work the shit out of them in a fitnesscenter. And my muscles even look better :smiley:

They will say its because i have a different body but this is bullshit.

Only what you believe in from deep within your heart matters. Everyone here decides how and when they/we die. And everything else that happens to us aswell.

Each and everyone of us is entirely alone in his Universe. Everyone else around you is just a copy of himself acting as you believe from deep within they would act to provide you with experiences (thats what our whole existence is about - experiences).

The Multiversum theory is only a theory because the one who dont believe it is provable goes into a universe where it isnt provable. But everyone who studies this theory swears that it is true.

There are 1600 Trillion moments in a second. The ‘Reality’ is just that. 1600 Trillion pictures of the whole multiverse in a second. In each of these moments you change to a universe based on your believes.

As soon as you start looking in the outside for answers you will get sucked into the reality of someone else (if you manage to believe it).

Same goes for magic. If something works for you you will be all happy and say ‘look, this works for me, im going for it’ by then you will follow someone elses thoughts and be stuck in their reality if you dont let it go at some point.

The Masterplan is to ultimately get rid of everything you have been taught and entirely build your very own believesystem.
This is when you dig really deep into the rabbit hole. As deep as a buddha/jesus/who ever can dive. It is very hard, and as soon as you go outside and talk to your friends or who ever you will instantly get sucked back into another (probably ‘your’ old) reality if your not strong enough to resist their thoughts and teachings.

I feel it when i search in here (this forum or other internet sources or whatever), i almost loose my own findings. For searching a way that i think is more enjoyable for me. Like making everything i want happen based on a step by step guide from somebody else. It works only if you strongly believe in it.

Everything that seems complicated is a lie. Reality is you already know everything that ever happened or will ever happen, you just have filters set that keep your brain from overloading. Its the same filter that sets in when you dont hear the clock ticking anymore. You only hear it again when you focus/put your attention on it (and believe it to be ticking again). Its because the brain blurs everything out thats not needed in this moment (based on your beliefsystem).

Now while writing this im utterly excited again because i found back the path i was on before looking into magic. Magic got me so attracted that my own reality got blured out and i was almost falling for somebody elses reality again.

Like everywhere you have been before will suck you back into your old reality again because you attached experiences and thoughts to it. And as soon as you think about these thoughts/experiences you will make sense of the reality now like you put sense to it back when you were there (ie sucking you back into your old reality). These are memories. Memories are bad from this point of view. If you want to create your own reality in the here and now you have no other way than to forget ALL memories. Best way to do this is walk alone in a place you have never been before. This will likely lead you to find places noone has ever been before (i think albert einstein said something similar). Like a baby that has to learn everything from scratch. But insted from learning from others, give everything your very own, much prefered sense. And everything will fall into place as you wish.

And example i gave in another thread to prove this to your own is this:

Stand towards your mirror for 5 minutes a day and tell yourself how much you love you and especially how good you are looking. You got to feel this and really mean it. It will probably first feels like a lie but the more you try the more it feels right. Look what will happen after some days/weeks. You will be stunned. Id just love to tell you now what happens but then again you dont learn anything from inside. And maybe even it will not work because you are expecting something which implies some kind of distrust in it. Just dont expect anything to come out of this, just tell you how good you are looking just for the sake of it (no matter how foolish you feel by doing it- you got trained pretty hard to never do so by frases like ‘Your a narcissistic’ which loads the word narcissistic pretty negative and you dont like to be that).

It blew my mind when i tried this for research about the law of attraction.

This is when real magic begins. When you stop listening to others entirely and grow your very own beliefsystem.

3 Likes

Thank you NariusV and The Cusp for your responses. I think at the end of the day, we need to try to enjoy and appreciate both the journey and the destination, so to speak. When we do experience periods where we feel we have achieved our immediate goals, and are satisfied with our lives, we need to embrace that and relish the feeling of achievement/ contentment. Of course, as Lady Eva pointed out, we cannot remain static forever- and soon there will be something new to work towards, new challenges to face etc.

Epsilon that was a truly inspiring post- thank you. It’s exactly the sort of reminder I needed today- having been feeling shitty after a particularly bad argument with my other half. I’m well into LoA stuff and in fact that’s what originally sparked my interest in the occult. I love how, every time I log onto this forum, I find exactly what I was looking for on that particular day :slight_smile:

"Stop make partys for your birthday. Delete your birthdate and delete your calender.
I just make pushups once per day and i have more progress in muscle building than a few friends oem in a fitnesscenteR.
Everyone else around you is just a copy of himself acting as you believe from deep within they would act to provide you with experiences
The Multiversum theory is only a theory because the one who dont believe it is provable goes into a universe where it isnt provable. But everyone who studies this theory swears that it is true
There are 1600 Trillion moments in a second. The ‘Reality’.
As soon as you start looking in the outside for answers you will get sucked into the reality of someone else (if you manage to believe it).
The Masterplan is to ultimatE.
have filters set that keep your brain from overloading. Its the same filter that sets in when you dont hear the clock ticking anymore. You only hear it again when .
Best way to do this is walk alone in a place you have never been before. This will likely lead you to find places noone has ever been before (i think albert einstein said something similar). Like a baby that has to learn everything from scratch.

This is when "

• above poster, Epsilon

Those were keys that kept trying to escape from me. Thank You

Funny …I thought I mentioned the “street” trick earlier this month

I’d like to agree with what you’ve said about other people…But accidents do happen

So in affect. Of this happy life question:
I’m working on something. I’m not sure they’re the same nickels. Has anyone ever?