Looking for help to start working with the gods

Hi everyone, I’m kinda new to this kind of magick. I worked a little with some archangels, some lesser angels, never with demons as I’m looking to improve my experience first. At this point in my journey I’m feeling interested in working with the gods. Ellenic, norse, celtics, and so on. My question is really simple and a blessing to everyone of you who will sacrifice a little of their time to answer me. Can you suggest books, resources, material in general on the topic? Evocation’s how-to, tutorials, a starting point. Thank you very much and a beautiful day.

There are actually a few good tutorials out there on this forum for evocation in general. Here are a few of them:

There are also many books out there dealing with invoking angels and demons, such as Gallery of Magic. As for gods, a simple evocation tends to work with communicating with them, although there are cultural methods that seem to help make the connection. Here are some books I have read that have helped with different Pantheons:

Celtic:
Irish Paganism by Morgan Daimler

The Apple Branch: A path to Celtic Ritual by Alexei Kondratiev

Norse:
Essential Asatru by Diana L. Paxson

Gods and Myths of Northern Europe by Hilda Ellis Davidson (this book is not a ritual book but goes in depth with the history behind the stories that may help you get ideas of what to include in ritual to help establish the connection)

A Practical Heathen’s Guide to Asatru by Patricia Lafaylive

Hellenic

Hellenic Polytheism: Household Worship by Christos Pandion Panopoulos

Hellenismos: Practicing Greek Polytheism today by Tony Mierzwicki

Hope this helps, good luck!

Wow!! Amazing!! Thanks a lot :heart_eyes:

1 Like