Like a Pack of Cigarettes

So I thought for my first thread, I’d start with the terrible and horrific ordeal of… choosing The One ™.

Look, I ain’t gonna mince words here. I was raised with the concept of animism and using super powers ™. Yes, that is the best and shortest way to explain it. I’m also going to tell you: a form of demonolatry was once practiced by my ancestors before the colonists came. So I think some of it just kind of kept making it’s way down until me, and sadly I’m the last one in my particular branch of the tree because reasons.

So here I am looking into demonolatry in a stronger way than I’m used to. And the first thing I hit is pressure to dedicate myself to The One that shall be my One and Only True Love. And I thought about doing it, right?

Except I feel like I’m being passed around from hand to hand to hand. For example, I started with Buer to work on cavities and getting healthier. My health sucked. (I’m much better now.) M’kay. Then one night I was reaching for Shammash and got visited by Hephaestus. That was interesting. Then there was that beautiful encounter with… I dunno who it was but he was purty… a few years back. Then there was me trying to heal my cat and reaching for Buer and suddenly… Ganesh came down? I literally said, “Um… aren’t you Ganesh?”

How in the bleep am I supposed to choose The One when they’re all such wonderful peoples??? LOL But to be serious, as much as people think i should commit… it doesn’t feel right. It feels like the wrong move. So I shan’t.

No, I’m not crazy. I was just raised to… see things. I used to do portraits of them, see, a long time ago before reasons.

The point to my thread, because I know I can sound convoluted: what’s your experience with meeting and greeting? Have you been introduced to the party or was it more of a controlled circumstance? And how interesting was it for you? Any cool encounters to talk of?

8 Likes

Do you mean you were looking for a spirit to marry? :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Sadly, I have never been greeted by a god, angel or demon. I’ve had to go looking and call them up myself.

3 Likes

Oh what, you mean I’m expected to REALLY commit!!! (Or be committed, depending on your pov with marriage…)

On a serious note, why the pressure to choose a main entity and dedicate yourself to start with? Someone probably has already asked that question somewhere though.

1 Like

And did they come to you? See, there might be a good story to that.

1 Like

That might happen in some groups but not so much here, many of us work with a range of spirits, E.A. talks about subjective synthesis - synthesising subjective immersion in a path or belief system in order to work with it and learn from it, then breaking that once done.

I work with all kinds of entities, but just as with people, prefer some to others based on vibing more with them.

No pressure or expectation to (for example) choose one and only one “patron” among people on this forum though, unless YOU choose to do that of course. :+1:

2 Likes

To be perfectly honest I agree. I have one spirit I am closer to than others, but the idea of commitment to any one of them past a certain point never sat right with me. On the other hand, I have yet to get a sense that it is required or even on the table at this point, and I have never felt pushed, forced or compelled to do so.

LMFAO!!! Yep. Sometimes, both at once.

2 Likes

I think they come to your aide depending on the thing you need done. Meaning ones specialty is this, so if you need that, one who is stronger in that will come. And it is really a good thing because then you gain a lot of experiences and knowledge that you would not have had, had you met one and stayed forever with that one… Honestly, how boring and one dimensional would that have been!? I think your experience is common. At least that is how it was for me…and when you have grown and are ready for the next set of lessons you can be sure the next teacher will suddenly appear. As far as picking the one? They are all great but just like humans, when you are ready then you will realize which “one” is thee “One.” If there is ever one. Until then learn, grow amd enjoy the ride.

3 Likes

Here’s some reading for ya:

4 Likes

That’s just it. What a snore to only eat one dessert forever until the end of time. As it were. And also, it always feels like they’re so happy to see you. It’s a feeling sometimes of, “Well, hello old friend!” Although I’m sure it’s not quite the case, just a radiating sense of gladness to say hello. At least, so far.

Also glad to know it’s common. In my experience telling people of things, I’ve actually been asked if I had mental illness because there are those who can’t imagine connecting to the greater world past a certain scope. I’m like: you’re probably great at connecting to living people and all. But I suck at that, so yeah. We all have our strengths.

I thought about choosing Lucifer most recently when Ganesh floated down. I mean, literally floated down. I did research on him and can’t figure out why a patron to the arts would heed the call to save my very sick cat. He has no record of being a healer that I can find. But. The artistic career has taken some pretty neat turns. I feel like it was a moment of, “Forget about the cat, girl! You gotta practice the autoharp!” -_-

2 Likes

Ahhh! They do work in mysterious ways! Lolol! Music soothes so if you were stressed about the cat that would help you. Maybe the cat too.

2 Likes

Well, we ended up taking the cat to the vet. My best guess is Ganesh knew that turn was coming perhaps. I’d ask him, but he doesn’t talk y’know.

3 Likes

No i didn’t know… i never called Ganesh. But now I’m curious. Lol!

1 Like

Oh if you do, let us know how it went?

1 Like

Ok. That is actually a good idea. I can’t do it tonight, but maybe tomorrow. I’m in the middle of something.

2 Likes