Left Hand Path Magicians

Hi Folks, are there Left Hand Path Magicians here who are also software engineers? I would like us to consult on a project.
Thanks.

There’s a few. Most have full time jobs and a project could mean a lot of things and have a lot of solutions with the whole gamut of technologies.

Can you give a broad overview of what kind of project you had in mind from a business needs perspective? That will tell people if their skillset is potentially related.

E.g., phone app vs web blog.

4 Likes

Yes. And no. I’m an entry level programmer but very knowledgeable in UNix Linux and vms administration and networking.

5 Likes

I have been having a push inside me to develop an app that will house information of the Infernal Empire. I have been getting this desire 3 days today. In the app, the will be a page call Entities, this is where the names of the spirits would be listed, a tab on any entity would navigate you to a page where all information about that particular entity would be displayed including how to invoke and evoke that entity, spells, pathworking and etc.
There are times, that entity would need to be communicated to confirm some of the spells or anything that is necessary pertaining to it. I need a helping hand because there many entities in the Infernal Empire, and also a beginner on this path, now striving to learn how to invoke and evoke as well as communicate with spirits, I need app developers and adept who can evoke to assist in passing and receiving information to and from the spirits.

1 Like

I have been having a push inside me to develop an app that will house information of the Infernal Empire. I have been getting this desire 3 days today. In the app, the will be a page call Entities, this is where the names of the spirits would be listed, a tab on any entity would navigate you to a page where all information about that particular entity would be displayed including how to invoke and evoke that entity, spells, pathworking and etc.
There are times, that entity would need to be communicated to confirm some of the spells or anything that is necessary pertaining to it. I need a helping hand because there many entities in the Infernal Empire, and also a beginner on this path, now striving to learn how to invoke and evoke as well as communicate with spirits, I need app developers and adept who can evoke to assist in passing and receiving information to and from the spirits.[quote=“Nightside, post:3, topic:163968, full:true”]
Yes. And no. I’m an entry level programmer but very knowledgeable in UNix Linux and vms administration and networking.
[/quote]

What you describe sounds basicly as a book.
All you lay out can fairly readibly be found online allready so whats the reason for an app.
Personaly its not sn app i would but and its a fairly limited market in a wsy for quite some work.

Might only be me thou(;

1 Like

Ah ok. I have a fair amount of experience in related areas, as I implement data driven java based enterprise web applications for global companies, and my expertise is in all areas of the SDLC (software development life cycle) from business analysis to post golive hypercare (soup to nuts).

There’s parallels here since you have an idea for a global data driven software application. Usually teams are of multiple people and tasks are split roughly between gathering requirements, development, testing and deployment. On a budget you can get the devs and yourself to do testing.
(Yeah it’s a whole thing, separate professional qualifications for different pieces of it and all of these are a thing in IT, but in small startups it’s normal for people to wear multiple hats.)

I think, before you need devs, who may or may not be hoping his will turn profitable to get compensation for their time, what you actually want first is a business plan.

If you can find a sponsor or business angel that would be good. (for which you need a solid business plan, they’ll pay your devs but will hope for a profitable result)
I would recommend incorporating to separate legal liability, which is very cheap in the US but I don’t know where you are, you should be able to get adult classes as the local polytech to make sure you stay legal.)

You want to be able to at least say if you are putting this out there for free, maybe for advertising revenue, and make predictions about your budgets and timelines. You would basically be both business owner and project manager.

After the business plan the you need to flesh out your business requirements for the apps features.
Without a good plan it’ll fizzle.

It’s too early for any of that yet. Hold on to those idea, for sure, but get your groundwork sorted to support the project. Apps need a strong business foundation to survive.

You’re just in the planning stages as a business owner, but you have no business yet, and you haven’t identified even tech you’ll use (which may come down to who steps up to do dev/testing work), how many platforms you’ll support or anything.

This kind of strategic stuff is why firms that can afford it hire consultants like me, (or in my firm anyway, but I’m a tech lead, not a strategy guy) but you don’t have their funding, so you’ll need to do a lot of legwork learning how these things work yourself first, if you really want it to be a success.

Even if you just find one guy that does all dev and the paperwork is all you, you still want a solid business plan to guide you. So I’d suggest starting there while you’re looking for a dev. Also check the Upwork site for freelance devs. And be prepared for this to take years to complete, by which time you can probably do your own evocations.

3 Likes

It kinda does, in which case a web site builder like wix or wordpress would do it just fine with no coding and comes free with a godaddy or similar web site domain hosting account.

This is a good idea, then you can start on the fun part, the content, and worry about making the delivery for the content fancier later, when you have an audience you can already market it to.

This is also a much easier dev find, and you might be able to do it yourself.

4 Likes

Some very correct points in here.

How big of an app are we talking about here? Most people just reuse code and make things from kits.

Anyway, I wrote this app that draws tarot cards. Its just text written in C. (and then I lost interest in doing anything else cause it works well enough for my purposes and I don’t have to get my hands dirty with actual cards.) People typically do these as a school project and then forget about it, but because I made Belials deck, I just edited some old software I wrote back when I learned the basics of C.

https://belialtarot.com/tarot/software/

Getting other people to work on existing projects even if they have some sort of “need” for the software was a no go, (with the exception of my paranoid ex) hence the learning evocation.

2 Likes

@Vikson

Yes, I am, but mostly focused on data engineering currently :slight_smile:

2 Likes