Labels?

I know labels are generally frowned upon, but admittedly I consider them a useful tool when having to explain ideals and beliefs even if I don’t buy into them myself.

So, if I needed to, what would I label myself based upon my beliefs? I definitely follow the left hand path philosophy, no doubt. I pay respects to multiple pantheons (mainly Celtic and norse) as well as the goetia, including Lucifer and Satan. I believe that Lucifer and Satan have been known as different entities throughout the ages of course (I believe other demons have as well.) All these beings and realms exist on the astral plane.

And of course my practice is further my own ascent to godhood and self mastery.

So, if need be, what would I be called? Satanist? Luciferian? Certainly not pagan for I do not worship anything. Black magician certainly, but what else?

6 Likes

If you acknowledge the existence of gods but do not worship them, and have no issues employing their energy to pursue personal ends, I believe the technical term is ‘apatheistic’.

I just think of myself as an eclectic magickian. Satanist is a pretty loose label because there are multiple types of Satanism. Luciferianism also has a few different schools of thought. Hell, what constitutes LHP is really up for debate, IMO.

Yeah, magickian just tells the story, and the plus side of that label is it can carry over to any system or philosophy, for the most part, LHP or RHP.

2 Likes

I am a Chaote, I use techniques of both thaumaturgy and theurgy, and I am more of a sorcerer than a wizard or magician. I don’t know what styles of occult practices you use, but those would help with a title.

This link is pretty useful as far as titles/labels are concerned.

1 Like

I like to label myself as a devil worshiper because of the reactions on people’s faces when they ask me my religion…
I love the look of terror that comes over them, and I get an even bigger kick when I see their rational mind kick in and they realize I’m just Joking. Lol :smiling_imp:
But the funniest part is when the look of shame comes over them when they realize how silly they were for actually believing it for that brief moment. But the thing is…deep down inside all of us here are the devil (metaphorically speaking of course ) and we worship ourselves.
So it’s not a lie at all Lol.

3 Likes

I am many things. It would be a very lengthy discussion.

1 Like

Based off of that link, you could say I’m a witch. It fits perfectly actually.

1 Like

Even then, that’s just my practice, not me. It still makes for a long story.

1 Like

Don’t be a wus tell them you are A DEVIL WORSHIPER!:smiling_imp::stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
Seeing this reaction will be one of the most satisfying experiences you will have in life. :point_down:

ctk
Yeah that’s the hot ticket…Im going to Sunday church and I’m going to go up to the podium and confess my Devil Worshiping ways…
giphy-5

5 Likes

Why not just tell them you are part of a demonic cult and you were sent to initiate them into it?

Wait, even better; you were sent to corrupt their soul.

3 Likes

Ooohhhh that’s good too!
I like it!
GrotesqueWarmIndianskimmer-size_restricted

3 Likes

Yeah, go up to the podium on a sunday mass, and tell them I have to confess, I’m a demonic cultist who was sent to corrupt your souls by -insert demon name here-. Then watch as they either scratch their heads, freak the fuck out, or laugh at you.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Bonus points if you actually were sent by a demon to corrupt their souls.

3 Likes

tenor

2 Likes

I like the idea of a shaman living at the edge of the woods and being a walking portal and companion for the spirits. But I also like the idea of a dark sorcerer living in a black castle or old Victorian manor and calling up equally dark beings. I’d say I’m a sorcerous shaman or a shamanic sorcerer. And @AdamThoth isn’t wrong. Back in highschool, my best friend and I would always tell people that we were devil worshippers and the looks we would get were PRICELESS. Funny thing is, I’m (obviously) a black magician, and he’s a Laveyan agnostic Satanist :joy:

1 Like

It would seem that I fall pretty close to chaote sorcerer/wizard. I’m very individualistic about my practice. I’m a huge believer in “do whatever works for you.” I also like to to practice both low and high magick as I feel different situations call for different measures, and let’s face it, were not always going to have the grand outdoors or a huge room to cast a 2 hour ritual in lol.

Magician of course fits in there as well.

1 Like

I usually refer to myself as a witch. Both due to the fact that majority of my practice IS traditional witchcraft and because I like the connotations.

1 Like

Hmmm I don’t see them as gods though exactly. Just very powerful thought forms and spirits.

They exist because we made them exist not the other way around. (From my perspective.)

1 Like

I don’t see how LHP and Pagan are mutually exclusive terms, especially if you work with Norse and Celtic entities. I frequently say I am a “LHP Heathen” when the topic comes up.

2 Likes

Pagan implies you worship those entities which I do not.

1 Like