K's journal

I’ve never worked with Palo Santo before. If I had known it would make my depression dungeon feel so warm and inviting, I would have started sooner. Who else uses it? Positive experiences?

2 Likes

I use Palo Santo, in some situations I find it works better then white sage.
It clears energy better I’ve noticed.

1 Like

Many many moons ago banks used to give gifts to those who opened new accounts. I had my first at 14 when I started working. Ok it wasn’t really working. I helped my Me’me volunteer in the kitchen at bingo. I was too young to be in the kitchen so I waitressed and the players tipped me really well. I was raking in an average of $100 every weekend. Not a big deal to most I’m sure, but where I am from, children don’t usually work. So anyways, the bank gave me this build it yourself house bank. Never opened or built it. I had no patience back then. It was still here at the house.

Now that my dad and stepmom are on the road to recovery and becoming independent again, there is no reason why I need to stay here any more. Not that I didn’t enjoy living rent free while going to school and establishing a career. Now it’s time for Mog and I to have a little place of our own again. The rental market is a shark tank. With hard work and pleas to every home and hearth deity known to man I found several potential affordable studio apartments. I turned the house bank into a talisman for a little extra luck. Every day I light my luck candle and drop a coin in. I find out after the 31st if I got approved.

Aside from wondering if anyone might want to throw some positive vibes my way, I am also curious as to what kind of objects anyone has ever used as talismans or amulets? Would anyone be willing to share creative uses of everyday objects in magick? What were the results?

1 Like

Imbolc in a 3 legged crystal bowl. Altar bowls make great use of small spaces :slight_smile:
Whether you celebrate or not, I wish a happy and blessed Imbolc to you all!

2 Likes

I wonder what type of job one could get with an academic degree in magic, besides teaching? Enjoying this thread btw.

2 Likes

Issac Bonewits went on to start all kinds of organizations and stuff.

1 Like

I’m so happy. My “harpies foot” candlestick and ravens feathers are here. All I need is something from a crow and owl then my altar to misunderstood creatures of the sky (not birds because bats) will be finished.

Question, how do you all honor your favorite creatures?

2 Likes

From last night. Birthday candles with a sigil of intent written on a bay leaf is a nifty way to get in spellwork when busy. I would like to know (if you are willing to share) what creative methods you’ve come up with to negotiate your practice on a tight schedule?

2 Likes

Low key rock hound
Inspired by a comment in another post.

You ever look back in hindsight and see the early signs of an interest in paganism?

When I was a kid, Dad would take the Irish twin and I hiking. I loved rocks. Big, small, pretty, ugly…I didn’t discriminate. So much that on one hike…oh I was about 11? I proceeded to fill my pockets, jean cuffs, shirt, shoes, you name it with every rock I found. About an hour in I’m already complaining of exhaustion. The two of them look back to see me hunched over under the weight of all these rocks. Andy Dufresne would have been quite proud. After laughing hysterically for 20 minutes, I was made to put them down.

It really wasn’t until later in adulthood when my fondness for stones really developed into not just a dabbling hobby, but as an art form in my spiritual practices.

Question: is there a moment in your life that you believe was the tell tale sign of a budding pagan, occultist…etc.

2 Likes