Koetting's Circle of Solomon

Hi all,

As many of you I received EA email about his new circle of Solomon

[url=http://www.becomealivinggod.com/newsletter/circle-of-solomon-for-evoking-angels.php]http://www.becomealivinggod.com/newsletter/circle-of-solomon-for-evoking-angels.php[/url]

I’d like to have other members opinions about it.

What do you think about this Circle ? Are you gonna buy it (or them, since it is advised to buy 3 Circles)

Thanks

You realize that’s not the actual circle of Solomon, right?
I won’t go into colors, but he is missing the divine names which should go around the serpent and from Koetting’s photo of himself meditating in it, it’s clearly way too small. Traditionally, it should be 9 to 12 feet. Six feet can be used AT THE VERY LEAST. The circle should be large enough to comfortable fit an altar/tools of the art, and allow the magician to walk around a little.
Furthermore, I made a proper circle of Solomon already. Divine names and six feet in diameter. And it looks pretty and took less than a day to complete.

Question : what is the interest of having this circle for those who already have the universal circle ?

Do you have any pictures of your circle Euoi? I’d be interested to see it. Mine while cheap to make took almost two weeks to complete due to painting over certain spots. Also before someone jumps the gun to tell me my circle isn’t Solomonic I already know that. I’m just posting the picture to illustrate my point of how time consuming creating my very simple circle was.

[quote="-TWF-, post:4, topic:2380"]Do you have any pictures of your circle Euoi? I’d be interested to see it. Mine while cheap to make took almost two weeks to complete due to painting over certain spots. Also before someone jumps the gun to tell me my circle isn’t Solomonic I already know that. I’m just posting the picture to illustrate my point of how time consuming creating my very simple circle was.
[/quote]

Perhaps it is not the real circle of salomon but it is beautiful!congratulations TWF!

Twf, I thinks its beautiful. :slight_smile:
I’ll post a pic of the one I made either tonight our tomorrow. I’m currently doing stuff.
But mine isn’t painted, I actually used permanent marker. But it got the job done.

Here ya go.

Not as pretty as yours Twf, but I made out myself with own blood, sweat, and years.

To give EA more money?

The universal circle is good, but this new circle looks like a twister game.

Kind of what I’ve been wondering. I suppose he’s trying to reach out to the RHP demographic, since the circle of pacts is demonic in origin, but I’m not sure how many hang out around here. Hmmm.

Black, at the very least, he should do it right. Anybody who actually practices Solomonic magic wouldn’t purchase it.

Oh, I can’t argue with you there, I have the notes for a “proper” Solomonic circle around somewhere, but I’m no expert. I’ve just been wondering why it was being offered, and that’s the only explanation I could come up with :/.

I do quite like your circle though, Euoi! If art school didn’t burn me out on everything craft related, I might make one myself. Some of the craftmanship and dedication I see around here is inspiring!

Ah I see. I assumed Koetting just wanted more money.

And thank you! I do highly encourage it. But if you can’t, you’d have to shell out a couple hundred for a good one.

Actually, it is.

I won't go into colors, but he is missing the divine names which should go around the serpent

No. It’s not “missing” them. We chose to leave them out deliberately.

You do not need them. You do not need everything listed in the canon version of the Circle to get results.

Again. No it doesn’t.

The Circle of Solomon does not need to be exact canon for it to work.

Yes, we took a couple liberties in fine-tuning the design, but that’s based on what we feel make it most convenient and usable to most magicians.

Yeah, and it looks like complete dog shit. I’d be embarrassed having that in my ritual space. You have absolutely no business criticizing ours.

I already answered this.

We received a multitude of requests for it.

This is precisely why people inquired for us to make Solomonic Circles.

They don’t have “2 weeks” to throw around at making one that’s paint on fabric, and will chip within a week.

Because we colored the hexagrams to match their respective element? It looks cool, actually. If anything, it enhances the power of the elemental representation.

There is no right or wrong.

There is only what works.

Trying to force everyone to adhere to religious canon is retarded and unnecessary and exactly what we are evolving beyond here at Become A Living God.

2 Likes

Actually, there is a right and wrong circle. Koetting’s new circle isn’t Solomonic. Clearly based upon it, but it is incomplete and too small.
I’m not going to sit here and argue with you because there’d be no point.
But I would hope that balg can at least be honest to its customers and not straight up lie about their products. Your circlemight work for MODERN evocation, but it wouldn’t stand a chance in actual Solomonic magic.

Is there any instructions on using the circle?

In Solomonic grimoires.

Francis Barrett’s Book 2 of ‘The Magus’ deals with this.

There is only “right and wrong” if you’re a mindless lemming who is indoctrinated into a religion.

Yes it is.

I believe it’s approximately 5ft 8inches in diameter.

Yes, those 4 inches definitely mean your magick suddenly won’t work!!!

I know you’re not. Because you’ve already lost conviction in your weak opinion.

Be honest like I am right now, where I readily and happily inform thousands of people on this forum that we’ve made beneficial modifications to a very old magick circle - which make it easier to fit inside your ritual space, and more energizing to use.

Yes, we “straight up lie”, while hiding in the corners, scared to answer emails, afraid to let our members interact with us, for fear of being exposed for huge frauds!!!

When in reality we are the most transparent, open-minded, and honest magical project in the world.

Yes it does.

Your drivel is especially funny since it’s coming from a dip shit whose magick circle looks like a 5 year old made it with a magic marker. If anyone’s magic circle is impotent, it’s yours.

The only disingenuous shit talker here is you, clinging to old ideology and doctrine of an occult age that has died.

Do not come into my home and insult my art when your sole argument is that our work differs partially from canon dogma.

And don’t ever imply that my friend E.A. Koetting is acting “just for the money”. He has more artistic integrity than you ever will.

2 Likes

It’s not good to start fights here. You Euoi and Timothy are very great magicians who both seem to have very different viewpoints. We need to learn to accept and forget before it escalates into an I know more than you phase and an all out nonphysical fight.

There are really people here that think the circle won’t work just because of q few slight modifications? You can draw a circle in the dirt and it’ll work so tell me why this one wouldn’t. Lol its basically the same circle just with less trappings. I like the minimalist look it has going on.

2 Likes