Knight Musings

No, the version I’m following simply uses Enochian words of power instead of the usual Hebrew; everything else is basically the same as the regular LBRP so I am calling on the usual four archangels in the cardinal directions.

The four kings might be worth trying though :thinking:

2 Likes

15/4/20

Day 20:

Another late start to my day.

330 PM - Enochian LBRP. I’m slowly getting a handle on the pronunciations…I think.

545 PM - Stillness practice. Was easy enough not to move, but I tried to regulate my breathing and that caused a lot more tension in my body and mind. Due to this peculiarity of biology, I think it might be best simply to bring my awareness to my breath rather than consciously trying to force it into an unnatural rhythm.

8 PM - Introspection regarding the designing of personal rituals for my offering to the forum.

All in all, it was a slow, uneventful day. I ordered a copy of Stephen Flower’s Hermetic Magic, and John DeSalvo’s Lost Art of Enochian Magick, but they will take a month to get here due to the low priority Amazon is giving to anything non-medical related.

4 Likes

No, they won’t refund an order because they have a big banner on their website that says right up front that they give priority to medical supplies, so I knew it would be a long wait before I ordered.

2 Likes

16/4/20

Day 21:

11 AM - Depth relaxation upon awakening.

115 PM - Enochian LBRP. Seems to be flowing better now. I get a good sense of the energy and the presence of the archangels. Had a solid visualisation of the cardinal pentagrams.

530 - Stillness practice for 30 minutes. Was able to maintain the physical immovability for the full allotted time, and also managed a few minutes of inner stillness as well.

9 PM - Depth relaxation, and outer dissolving practice. I can’t believe how much tension I’m carrying in my body. Any attempt at relaxing beyond removing mere surface tension actually makes my limbs ache.

1030 PM - Further depth relaxation and outer dissolving practice. I feel that I need to free up the trapped emotions causing blockages in both my physical and energy bodies so my chi can flow unhindered.

1230 - Breath awareness meditation.

2 Likes

17/4/20

Day 22:

9 AM - Depth relaxation upon awakening, and followed with breath awareness meditation for 20 minutes.

1115 AM - Enochian LBRP. This felt rather flat today, and I’m not sure why. Could be that I just wasn’t into it today. My own energy seemed to flow smoothly, but the pentagrams and archangels were not very solid.

230 PM - Chakra work and Soul Travel practice. Was able to enter an nice solid trance state, and project, but still having difficulty staying out of my body. Projection is still mostly mental, as I haven’t been able to release the hold on my consciousness completely yet.

545 PM - Pathworking with Raziel. I asked for a protection glyph but am unsure if what I received really came from Raziel or if it was created by my own imagination. When working in vision, my scepticism and doubt come to the fore more than usual, since it is the imagination that is the bridge to contact. It is very similar to shamanic journeying, so I think the more I practice this particular method of magick, the more “real” it will seem.

1030 - Depth relaxation and stillness practice. Was feeling overfilled from supper so was unable to fully relax.

130 AM - Decided to do a second Enochian LBRP before sleep.

3 Likes

18/4/20

Day 23:

930 AM - Depth relaxation upon awakening, followed by breath awareness meditation for 30 minutes.

1100 AM - Enochain LBRP. The ritual felt a bit more solid today, though not as strong as previously. My energy seems to be fluctuating a lot. Have felt pretty lethargic lately, and my mind fuzzy.

3 PM - Chakra work and Soul Travel practice. I wasn’t able to connect very well to the energy. Everything felt a bit dull, and I could not project.

8 PM - Depth relaxation practice. It was difficult to relax deeply. Only managed to reduce the surface tension.

3 Likes

19/4/20

Day 24:

7 AM - Depth relaxation upon awakening, followed by breath awareness meditation for 20 minutes.

930 AM - Second depth relaxation. Need to go deeper, and break through the character armour built from the tension caused by trapped emotions in my physical and energetic bodies.

Spent some time throughout the rest of the day reading up on various models of consciousness, like Leary’s Eight Circuit model, and Bandler’s Meta-Programs model.

Did some work on designing the rituals for my offering to members of the forum. Will commence performance of them this week.

4 Likes

20/4/20

Day 25:

Spent today mainly focused on practicing depth relaxation. I carry a lot, and I do mean a lot, of tension in my physical body, particularly in my shoulders and neck. This is most likely due to life stress, that “little human poison” as Belial once called it, but I suspect there are also underlying subconscious causes as well.

Power flows the easiest through a relaxed conduit, so if I really want to increase my personal energy, I need to do more than just charge up my chakras and fill my dan tiens. I have to break up and dissolve the kinks in the hose, so to speak, so there are no obstructions to the river of chi. However, I’m not sure the depth relaxation will be enough to accomplish that.

I’ll have to go back to my books and try to incorporate the dissolving practices of the Water Tradition of Nei Gong taught by Bruce Franzis more as well. It is a slower process than the more common Fire Tradition, but possibly more thorough.

6 Likes

21/4/20

Day 26:

7 AM - Depth relaxation with breath awareness meditation upon awakening. Decided to try breathing through my chakras. The effect was…interesting. Felt a strong sensation of energy in the Muladhara, the Svadhisthana, and the Sahasrara.

The Sahasrara in particular produced the strange impression that I had a hole in the top of my head.

930 - Did a second depth relaxation. Was able to relax my body in less time. It’s still not a complete and total relaxation but it’s progress.

330 PM - Chakra exercise. Got a strong impression of energy flow through and around my chakras. Had the feeling that my energy system is beginning to open up more, though I’m not experiencing release of any trapped emotions yet.

I’ve been thinking of resuming my aspect operation, only rather than evoking the angels and demons, I would instead work in vision, using the pathworkings from Raziel’s Paths of Power and the Goetia Pathworking.

4 Likes

22/4/20

Day 27:

I forgot to update this before bed last night.

6 AM - Depth relaxation followed by breath awareness meditation for 30 minutes.

1030 AM -Enochian LBRP. I had skipped this practice for a couple of days so it felt a bit flat, and dull. The energy didn’t really flow and didn’t feel solid.

I’ve been thinking about the history of the Ars Goetia. There are many different theories as to what the spirits of the Goetia actually are. Some claim they are former pagan gods “demonised” by the conquering religion, and others claim they are just like humans, with their own lives, living on their own plane. Still others believe they are aspects of the human mind given form.

In his Modern Goetic Grimoire, the Christian magician Rufus Opus posits that the word “Goetia” is derived from a Greek word meaning howling, or lamenting, and is actually an ancient shamanic form of magick that predates neo - platonic philosophy or celestial hierarchies, and was practiced by magicians called “Goets,” whose name refers to the guttural sounds made by their conjurations. He claims that this was originally a terrestrial form of magick that dealt with spirits of nature, and of the dead, and that the spirits are part of the Chthonic Underworld that lies beneath and behind what we normally perceive, the land of potential, of the unmanifest.

To the Goets of ancient Greece, the magick was a way of life, not simply something you did to make the girl next door love you, or to bring you some extra money. However, we don’t have an accurate model of true Goetic magick, so all we are left with is what was tacked on to the Lemegeton by renaissance authors, who were firmly entrenched in the neo-platonic cosmology of hierarchies. In true Goetic magick, there was no such thing as Hell, or the “Infernal,” and the spirits named in the Goetia certainly didn’t live there.

This gives a lot of food for thought on how the 72 spirits are approached in modern times.

10 Likes

23/4/20

Day 28:

Today has just felt…off. From awakening with a crink in my neck which made the depth relaxation next to impossible, to dragging my feet around the house, to just having the constant urge to sleep, it has felt like I was swimming through mud. Brain fog and lethargy were constant companions.

I took a nap in the afternoon and had a bizarre dream. I was observing a battlefield of some sort, and there were bodies piled up all around. A woman stood in the centre of the field, bloodied blade raised high, and raven hair flying in the cold wind. She wore some kind of tarnished armour, I think it might have been gold or silver at one time, but was now caked in blood and sweat. A huge form stood before her; there was a mist or fog that flowed around everything and obscured my vision so I couldn’t see directly what it was that she was fighting, but I did receive a deep impression that she was fighting it alone, however. Her companions, her warriors, were all scattered, dead or dying, at her feet. I was not a participant in this dream, but merely a watcher. I did not know if I was there to observe her fall, or her triumph.

I woke up feeling like microwaved dog shit, my mind still beset by the fog of that battlefield. It took a few moments for reality to start moving again.

4 Likes

24/4/20

Day 29:

11 AM - Chakra exercise and blue flame meditation. Felt a good solid flow of energy move down through the chakras, though drawing the energy up from the earth was harder, and I only had a small sense of any movement. Was able to stare at the flame for most of the ten minutes without blinking.

I planned to do some pathworking after lunch, but my sleep deprivation caught up with me and I passed out for about four hours. When I woke up, I thought the entire day had passed.

I seem to be picking up on a lot of turmoil and conflict lately. What I have been able to remember of my dreams in the past few days all have a war, or fighting, motif to them. Strife seems to be the order of the day.

I did two readings on the possible outcomes of rituals I am performing for members of the forum and they too seemed to emphasise conflict, and chaos, even if the final result was positive.

Maybe something besides the virus is making the rounds.

5 Likes

25/4/20

Day 30:

1030 AM - Chakra work and blue flame meditation. I had a good flow of energy today. It seems my energetic system is almost completely flushed and balanced. Now, I can begin to turn my focus to refining the quality of my chi/prana through some nei gong practices.

2 PM - Mantra chanting. I counted down into Alpha and chanted Micah’s angelic mantra for the senses for 30 minutes. This time, I found it produced a kind of muffling of the surrounding environment, and an increase in spatial awareness of the energetic currents and eddies. I became almost hyper aware of the golden bubble that surrounds me, and could brush it with my awareness. My head throbbed at points behind my ears, at my temples, my brow, and my crown.

One thing I have noticed with this particular mantra is that it has a sing-song quality to it. Chanting the words results in a natural rhythm, even if you try to consciously stay in a monotone. Traditionally, it is said that angels respond very rapidly to the singing of their names, so I found this quality of the mantra channelled from the spirit Meton to be very interesting.

I have stopped the daily practice of the Enochian LBRP. It just wasn’t feeling right for me. I’m going to go back to my Invocation of Eternity, which is more tied to my personal paradigm than the Lesser Banishing is now.

I asked a member of the forum to scan the glyph I received from Raziel, and he confirmed that it does in fact repel, though not in as a direct way as, say, a banishing ritual. It’s effect is subtle, like a whisper in the ear that says, “you don’t want to be here.” Raziel told me the glyph will keep away demons, parasites, and even other angels so some experimentation seems to be in order.

6 Likes

Just realised I didn’t update this last night…

26/4/20

Day 31:

130 PM - Chakra work and blue flame meditation. Good flow today. Things are humming nicely.

Didn’t do much else today. Spent some time in the evening creating a ritual to perform for someone, and trying to remember if I had the proper materials hiding in a box somewhere.

4 Likes

27/4/20

Day 32:

I’ve been thinking a lot about where I am heading spiritually. My path seems to go back and forth between light and dark, dark and light, angels and demons. Some readings by outside parties have pointed me in the direction of mentorship, but I really don’t feel like I am in any way developed enough for that kind of responsibility. I have my own spiritual obstacles still to overcome before I can consider guiding someone else.

Today, I didn’t do anything magical. I’ve mainly been lost in thought as to what , exactly, I am accomplishing with my current magical endeavours. I haven’t hit any major highs, or even major lows, of spiritual attainments, and I fear I will never go deep enough.

Around 7 PM I meditated for an hour to a track of the Solfeggio frquencies. It helped me to relax and shut my mind off for awhile. I drifted into a gentle sleep for a bit.

4 Likes

28/4/20

Day 33:

Fell asleep pretty early last night (well, 11 PM, which is early for me) so I didn’t get a chance to update this.

Spent most of the day thinking about the spells I need to do, and meditating. Did my chakra exercise around 5 PM, and had a good flow of energy.

I’ve been trying out some meditation tracks with the Solfeggio frequencies on YouTube. I am finding them to be very useful for relaxation, but sometimes they put me into Delta and I wind up feeling like crap when I wake up.

3 Likes

29/4/20

Day 34:

1030 AM - Chakra exercise. Felt a good connection from above and below, stable and grounded.

130 PM - Went out to pick up some materials for a love spell. Red candles are apparently hard to find these days.

1030 PM - Meditated to the Solfeggio frequency track again, and again, I fell asleep. Woke up 2 hours later, after a weird dream…

I dreamed that someone was begging for my help with some vampiric beings that were attacking them. They had been dabbling in Asenath Mason’s draconian current and had inadvertently attracted the things somehow. I distinctly remember there was a seal that kind of looked like two leering faces encircled by serpents.

Now, I have only read one or two books of Asenath Mason’s, and have no particular interest in the draconian current, so I’m not sure what prompted a dream like this. It is the first time I can remember ever dreaming about a specific current of magick.

2 Likes

30/4/20

Day 35:

Felt off the entire day. Woke up feeling alright but became a bit melancholy as the day wore on. Didn’t do any magick or energy work, just got drunk and watched horror movies.

3 Likes

1/5/20

Day 35:

230 PM - Chakra exercise and meditation. I think my energy system is adapting nicely to the refinement of energies. Time to take it up a few notches.

530 PM - Exercise 1 of the OAA, I’ve decided to use the next 65 days of my intensive to take the First and Second Flames.

I’ve practiced exercise 1 on and off for years, ever since I first got my hands on Works of Darkness, but my biggest issue with it has always been bringing the visualisation to life. EA states in the OAA Discourses that in order to be successful, the student must be certain of the absolute reality of the black mist, that it must be felt as real and not mere imagination. Now, I don’t know if it is because of my Higher Self’s shielding or not, but I’ve never been able to reach this certainty, even after doing the exercise for months at a time. Perhaps my natural imaginative facility isn’t developed enough.

Today, the exercise felt the same as it always has. Rather than allowing the mist to show itself, I have to tell myself that I see it so it then begins to appear within the inner visualisation of my room. I cannot sink into the image, as instructed, so that the visualisation and the reality merge, and the whole thing feels two dimensional and flat.

I had planned on making a journey to the Upper World for a tete - a - tete with my Higher Self, but I wound up stuffing myself with too many carbs at supper and fell asleep instead around 10 PM instead.

3 Likes

2/5/20

Day 36:

9 AM - simple dynamic stretching followed by breath awareness meditation for 30 minutes.

1030 AM - Chakra exercise and grounding.

230 PM - OAA Exercise 1. Instead of doing the exercise exactly as described, I did some progressive relaxation and a countdown to get into an altered state before beginning the visualisation of the room. I found that it helps to make the visualisation feel a bit more real (the exercise itself is supposed to bring one into an altered state but I’ve never been able to get that effect from it).

I’ve been thinking about working more in depth with Yisrael on increasing my magical imagination so that my visualisations are more realistic.

830 PM - Shamanic journey to meet my Higher Self Alright, so this was a bit weird…

I relaxed on my bed, spoke aloud my intention to travel to the Upper World and meet my Higher Self, then put on the drumming track. The World Tree came quickly to my vision, with my spirit guide, Sam, sunning himself at its roots.

As I approached, Sam got up and stretched, waiting. I placed my hand upon the trunk of the Tree and told Sam that it was time to go up. He jumped onto my shoulder, and I began to climb…and climb…and climb…and climb. I climbed for what felt like a long time (relatively speaking), and felt almost tired from doing so. Then, I hit the ceiling.

Or, rather, some kind of sticky, elastic, membrane or barrier. It was felt like a cross between spider webs and chewing gum. I pushed against it, and it pushed me back, I pushed harder and slowly, I began to inch my way through. I could feel Sam’s claws gripping my shoulder, and I briefly wished I had my own claws to cut through the stuff. It clung to me, and I really had to struggle to get through. I thought I was going to be pushed off the Tree.

And then I was through. There was an almost audible popping sound and I found myself standing on a rocky path, in a field. The sky above me was blue and clear, but there were storm clouds off to the right. I had expected my Higher Self to be waiting for me, but there didn’t seem to be anyone around, so I started walking. Sam jumped from my shoulder and sauntered ahead of me, as we made our way. I saw little groups of stones piled in odd shapes, and even a few butterflies.

Sam lead me to a wooden bridge, spanning a large chasm. He darted across and I followed, and as I did, the bridge began to sway under my weight. A cool breeze emanated form the chasm below, and I made the mistake of looking down, and was struck by a brief wave of dizziness. Sam patiently waited for me on the other side, and when I reached him, he drew my attention to the left.

There stood a large, black, pyramid. Its entrance was bare, no statues or hieroglyphics, and as I walked up the steps, I felt another cold breeze that made me shiver.

Inside, the place was warm, and lit by hidden torches, or flames, that gave it an almost homey feel. I was in a long hallway of polished marble, and I was looking around, slack jawed in awe, until Sam meowed at me and told me to follow him. We pushed through a curtain at the far end of the hall and I found myself in what looked to be a throne room.

It was decorated in gold and onyx, and I noticed statues that lined both of the walls to the left and right. In the centre, on a raised dias, was a large throne, on which sat…a mummy. Yes, that kind of mummy, swathed in bandages, with a skeletal visage. It wore a cloak of some sort. I looked at Sam, who just sat at my feet, cleaning himself.

The mummy stirred and spoke with a loud, resonating voice that echoed in the chamber, welcoming me. Sam climbed up onto my shoulder again, as I stepped forward and greeted the thing before me, which I assumed to be my Higher Self. Sam didn’t seem to be objecting, so I proceeded to ask it my questions about the forces playing behind my life, but it just ignored them, instead telling me to look around, and then vanishing. Well, that was unexpected.

I wandered around a bit, and looking at the statues along the walls. Those to the left of the entrance seemed to be of mythological creatures, and quite few of them were serpents of some sort, even a few dragons, Leviathan and Tiamat came to mind as I looked them over.

The statues to the tight were all human, and I got the distinct impression they were past incarnations of mine. I walked down to line, only casually glancing at them, until I stopped before one that seemed to draw me. It was the statue of a woman wearing an Egyptian Uraeus. I knew that meant she was royalty of some sort.

After looking at a few more statues, the mummy king hadn’t returned so I figured it was time to leave. I walked out of the hall, and exited the pyramid, holding the intention to return to the base of the World Tree. I followed the original path I had seen, thinking “down” and suddenly I was sliding down the trunk of the World Tree. I glanced at Sam, still perched on my shoulder, and if cats could smile, I swear he was grinning like a kid on a roller coaster.

I arrived at the base of the Tree in what seemed to be no time at all, and promptly sat down to mull over what I had seen. Nothing had been as I had expected it to be. I had never heard of a Higher Self appearing as a mummy so I have a hard time believing it was indeed my HS. The black pyramid has some associations that I’m familiar with through the work of @Empress_Arianna but I don’t know how it relates to me. I sat against the Tree until the drumming track signalled it was time to return. I bid farewell to Sam and opened my eyes.

I guess I have some more work to do.

8 Likes