Karma in the after life / future lives

If karma doesn’t exist, I want to become a really successful scammer.

Then make sure you have really strong magical defenses because karma may not exist, but consequences do. if you scam the wrong person they will send a lot of shit your way.

2 Likes

Based on what?

Your right “Shut off” isn’t the best way to put it.
I thought most people knew Nasa does tests for their astronauts to get used to weightlessness.

Oh, I see what you mean - they train them with planes, or underwater tanks which are a lot cheaper but not as effective. They fly them up to high altitudes, and then let the aircraft drop. As the falling plane hits terminal velocity, being in freefall simulates weightlessness. It only lasts for a few minutes though before they have to level out and then they fly back up and do it again.

@Primordiarch - based on the report of people who have it? It’s not really our bailiwick to tell them their experience is wrong. I would agree that for people who have karma, it’s going to be as real as curses.

According to Buddhism, there is definitely karma…

Here are words from the Buddha in the Dharani Sutra:

The Thus Come One of Pervasive Lights and Proper Views said to Confusion, "There are five kinds of Evil Karma which are difficult to extinguish, even if one were to repent of them. What are the five kinds of offences? The first one is killing the father, the second one is killing the mother, the third one is abortion, the fourth one is to injure The Buddha, the fifth one is to create disharmony among the Sangha assemblies. These five types of evil and sinful karma are difficult to extinguish.

The Dharani Sutra of the Buddha on Longevity
The Extinction of Offences
And the Protection of Young Children

Lotus Sutra
http://www.buddhistdoor.com/OldWeb/resources/sutras/lotus/sources/contents.htm

Okay… It might all sound like pure religious indoctrination to many of us here, but it’s Buddhism, a doctrine I consider a lot purer and infinitely superior to Judaism, Christianity and Islam.

Buddhism derives from Hinduism, and unlike the Abrahamic paths, it did not steal elements from various religions & myths and then called them its own.

Now, I do not only subscribe to Buddhism. I’m very much into the LHP (incl. Theistic Satanism) that actually draws from Hinduism. And I believe in sexual freedom. I just believe that intentionally hurting others just for the “thrill” of it may have dire consequences.

1 Like

How can they be sure it’s their karma and not just bad luck?

@Primordiarch I don’t believe in “bad luck”.

So, they’re sure because they are sovereign beings, and they are allowed to be sure of their understanding of their personal experiences.
(Of course, in the same vein, you’re allowed to believe they just have bad luck too, you have that choice. )

I do believe like attracts like and that energy flows like a dance around us, and can be influenced while it influences us. We are beings made of energy, we swim in energy in and between lifetimes.

That’s part of the deal with being human, and having free will. When many hundreds of thousands corroborate similar experiences, as has been done with the concept of “karma”, it becomes a known model, and a useful tool to explain the otherwise unexplainable, and talk about it between themselves. The language was created out of the necessity to communicate about this, precisely because it’s experienced as real by so many people.

After that, re your healthy skepticism:
"There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. "
… Shakespeare’s Hamlet (1.5.167-8)

The word “occult” means “hidden”. “Esoteric” means “intended for or likely to be understood by only a small number of people with a specialized knowledge or interest”.
It is not necessary or expected that all people will sense and be able to work with subtle energy or work with it from a personal understanding that nothing is really random, just… it’s complicated. And that’s ok.

BTW - I don’t believe for a second there’s an actual “christian hell” except that we might be in it. Free yourself from fear and follow your own way.

Thanks.

So karma is real then? What about deities like Yahweh. Will they incur karma for what they’ve done?

Oh baby, you have no idea how philosophically deep question you have asked. I have spent days, if not months trying to figure that out. The answer largely depends upon the philosophical question of ‘doership’ and free will. And ALL THE GODS, WHERE ARE THEY ACTUALLY AND HOW DO THEY OPERATE. :blush: spent almost my whole life figuring that out, will answer it later, most likely through Pm.

Wow, I’m so pro lol.

1 Like

I think I watched one of his interview in ‘Buddha at the gaspump’ series. Hope his book is for lay person, can’t digest hardcore physics.

Just wanted to say awesome response especially the part about having integrity.
So I personally believe there is some form of It that affects us for our good or bad within this life but am a great person and have had basically no proof of it really being returned to me, so our mentioned breaking a contract basically for karmic deeds from a past life how does on go about that just announce your through with it or what, I’ve had a friend that was really wise when he was younger tell me “are you good this time” so I sorta assume I must have been evil in the past life and he knew, even though someone told me I put a block on my Akashic records before reincarnation. I’ve tried Karma spells and never seen any results I just want to believe I’ll be rewarded for my goodness and suffering.

lol, if they could do so, mega global trampouline…except you wont come down lol