Join Me! March 1st

I smell the horror of murdered witches.

Burned in Europe, hung in the UK & USA, and still persecuted and hounded and harrassed in the world that hasn’t quite sorted its human rights out yet.

We do NOT, contrary to expectations and dogma, die forever when burned, staked, and beheaded, nor cease to “reincarnate” – in fact, we seem to multiply.

One could almost call us, a natural evolution.

I propose March 1st as the day to make offerings for all true witches – not those poor innocents who got (and do still get) caught up in the hysteria, because horrible as that is, WRONG as that is, Christian and other prayers for the innocent should take care of them – no, this is an act of grace and appreciation for our spiritual ancestors, the real summoners, pact-makers, oath-breakers, herbalists, and chanters of spells, who tragically broke the 11th Commandment “Thou Shalt Not Get Caught” – which IMO is the only one that really matters.

And to invite into our lives the wisdom and power of our murdered spiritual ancestry, and to generally celebrate that WE LIVE – that they did NOT wipe us out – in fact, we thrived.

(We summon, we curse, we whisper secrets, write pacts in blood, and look to the darkness to provide our answers. In 2016, no less!)

Why March 1st? Because it jumps about because of leap years, which is cool, but really, because it came to my mind when I was thinking about this last night, and I trust myself and my spirits enough to go with that….

What I’m Doing

I’m going to make an altar with one black and one white candle (for the broadest definitions and intentions of my fallen witch-kin), a glass of cool water for their scorched and strangled throats, some crushed codeine-based painkillers for their agonies, some wine for their celebration, a bunch of herbs and flowers for their balm, and a handful of wildflower seeds to mark the eternal rebirth of Witch-Kind.

And then sow those seeds, at the weekend (and bury the offerings way out of reach of any animals, for those who wonder about this - the codeine will be spread too wide to intoxicate some poor little rat or whatever).

Any, all, or none of these (something YOU find more meaningful) is a great way to honour our fallen dead.

“Waaah!”

I’m not much for the “wear a ribbon and like on Facebook” school of activism, but this is a genuine spiritual ceremony of compassionate offerings to the dead, some of whom died horribly and without a single meaningful rite done to mark their passing.

They MATTER to me - I see their blood spilled, and their history and sacrileges, as the stepping stones across a mire of freakishly unhealthy Middle Eastern cult brainwashing.

Oh, and the first draft of this idea, mentioned pissing on churches – I wasn’t going to post that, but since charles9 “coincidentally” mentioned the very idea in a post made since I last logged in (sorry to name-check you there mate!), I’m throwing that in as a possibility as well, because for all the good they may have done, all the good Christians (and Muslims, and Pastafarians) I’ve ever met, fuck their institutions, their religion, and their pathetic obedience-craving little desert troll “god.”

Fuck you, religion - we’re still doing those nasty dirty things you tried to wipe out, and we’ll be pissing in your face long after the last of your syndicate-of-fear institutions has been buried in the murk of history.

Image : “Pagan Altar”, modern classy witchery!

4 Likes

I’m doing this.

In the Glory of All Brothers and Sisters of Eternity.
Children of the Black Flame.
May the Witchblood run forever deep.
In Her Name.

Thank you for the initiative!

1 Like

Being February 25th, I don’t have the time to order everything listen and have it arrive on time, but I will definetly be doing this with what I can. Great idea here, Lady Eva :slight_smile:

Like Bahamuthat said, thanks for the initiative!

A glass of cool water for their scorched and strangled throats, and the bloody-minded INTENT to continue with your own magick, should suffice my friend! :slight_smile:

Lady Eva no need to say sorry, I’m glad to inspire. And my name’s been checked,dropped,cursed,spit on and shit on more times then i can count and it’s all good:) As for your idea, i say HELL FUCKING YES.Think i will use a bottle of rum i’ve been saving. (If i can keep myself from breaking it over the head of the first jehovah’s witnesses i see that day,been all over the neighborhood last few weeks,i mean come on, what part of “FUCK OFF” is that hard to understand?:wink: But yes,sending a message to the universe that we will never forget the fallen and at the same time sending a message to all the little groups that try “You can not KILL what can not DIE” is something i am behind 100%

I will do my own version of this with white candles and water. Thanks for the idea Eva.

I am just bumping this up some for people who may not have seen it. I may burn some poppy seeds out doors also for Hecate so she can be there when I do this ritual. It will be my first one out doors.

I’m in. I’ll bring in momma Hecate and the loas

What’s wrong with his Oodly Noodliness? The Great Flying Spaghetti Monster? I know. Lady Eva is a Pastaphobe! :o

“End hate speech against the Gluten!”

But I have zero tolerance for noodly appendages, and multiple graphs to prove it! :o)

On a more serious note, a reprise of last year, the stuff in the opening post, is a great alternative for anyone who doesn’t want to get involved in this year’s somewhat more aggressive working. :slight_smile:

Thank you, Lady Eva, for this post. I don’t have the necessary experience to participate in the Grand Work on March 1st. But I will create a ritual for all the witches who have been murdered under the rule of religion. You have inspired me as well to keep a shrine to them ongoing.