I've heard of people working with Eris. Why?

That doesn’t make sense. She’s known for being vindictive and malevolent towards humans. She doesn’t want to see them succeed. Someone please tell me what possible benefits one could attain from working with her. Thanks.

This is enough reason for me to entice her to go after someone that needs some special attention.

Edit - Besides, entities don’t treat everyone the same way. They have base qualities, sure, but it’s obvious that they help some people and are willing to do things to others. Maybe there are those she doesn’t treat in that way. She’d be a valuable ally.

6 Likes

I think humans are more malevolent towards humans.

I hear news daily, never heard of Eris.

7 Likes

I agree :100:! So in your defense you’re saying if you get her on your side she’s safe to work with?

“Safe” isn’t a word I would use.

5 Likes

Right! No deity is safe. They all have their own motives. I mean “safe” as in you can trust her if she’s on your side.

a lot of Entities have the reputation of being “Dangerous” and “unable to be worked with”,
King Vine for example is known to “Rip Ones Soul Out At Will”, though He is nothing but a genuinely nice Entity and Mentor to me. King Belial is also seen as “dangerous”, but to me personally He has been nothing but a helpful sunshine.

I believe the reputation of Her being vindictive or malovent towards humans were built by humans who went to contact Her without pure intention either. Every entity acts different to each human so the experiences will vary a lot.

5 Likes

This same argument could be applied to most demons too. We work with them because they have certain assets that they’re willing to help us with.

She’s known for causing discord in people’s lives, which can be especially great for targeting people who deserve it. I’ve also found that entities who can help bring in a certain thing can help you manage it, so she may be able to help you settle issues in your life.

3 Likes

She’s a goddess of chaos … How can she help me manage anything? Don’t find me rude :face_with_hand_over_mouth:. I’m just curious :raccoon::raccoon::raccoon:.

Well, the expression “takes one to know one” has been quite prevalent in my workings with beings. They know chaos so well that they’re great at helping with it too from what I’ve found!

2 Likes

Not everything you read about a entity is how they are to everyone. Just as your previous thread of working with two other Gods of chaos and how you reacted to them when you wanted to become initiated by Apep.

Though if your foundation sucks I wouldn’t keep trying to stack up on entities.

3 Likes

Andras lives for chaos and discord & many people are afraid to work with him because of it. He came to me in a dream and told me he would help me, just trust him…I thought long and hard and decided to work with him.

When I called on him, the very thing he’s known for was the one thing he told me I needed to tone down. I have a very tumultuous and volatile relationship with my youngest son’s father. Andras of all spirits told me in order for me to have peace with him, I need to sit down, be quiet and not say anything.

He’s helped me manage my temper, patience & gratitude.

7 Likes

I get the feeling she doesnt want to work with you. Hail Chaos! Hail Discordia!

3 Likes

Why do you say that?? I’m not 100% interested in working with her. I’m just curious

I think a lot of it comes from the ever popular book, the Principa Discordia. It makes her look good, like a fun deity to work with, especially for noobs who don’t necessarily believe in this stuff anyway.

1 Like

Sometimes the one thing you really need in life is a bit of Chaos.

1 Like

I work with Eris, or at least an an egregore that embodies aspects of Eris. I seem to thrive in chaotic environments, and it is a secret I kept from myself, so I was seduced by Eris. I am a embarrassed to say it on an open forum. She is not the only chthonic deity I interact with. I knew Persephone longer and she introduced me to Eris last year because she though we would hit it off.

It is kind of annoying though. I recently figured out that I had depersonalization-derealization as the root of my anxiety, but the pinheaded “Professional Help” couldn’t properly diagnose and treat it because they were too attached to their description and the status quo.

One possible solution to my predicament is to art my way out of it, but I am resisting because I feel like I am being played, though I do have issues with trusting because I been played many times before.

1 Like

Amazing.

1 Like

I don’t get the feeling that Eris doesn’t want to work with @itssebastienc. She just alternates between being cold, bitchy, and cynical; and open, funny, and helpful. I suspect psychoanalysts would say she has Borderline Personality Disorder. This statement probably says more about me than it does about her.

2 Likes

I don’t think a person should really go off the “feeling” someone gets about an entity working with them if the person is not really relevant to the relationship you are forming or if they have not divined it and simply going off feeling alone.

I however, find it’s really just up to the Deity/Entity and the individual if they can handle the energy the entity gives off. Though he says he’s only curious not aiming to work with her, atleast after he deleted his interest in becoming initiated by her which imo is not a good idea, simply because of their past reaction to chaos deities.

3 Likes