Issues with wearing glasses?

My question is, as dumb as it may sound, has anyone had issues with scrying, focusing on and opening sigils, or anything else similar that requires usage of deep focus of the eyes while wearing glasses?

I did a search on the forum and I found this:

I did find it very useful and will be employing the practices described in it, however it doesn’t quite give the answers to what I’m asking.

Can wearing glasses inhibit proper scrying or eye focus when it’s needed?
If so, then I have an issue, because I’m blind as a bat without them.

3 Likes

Actually wondered this myself, I can’t see more than a few inches in front of my face without mine. Everything I come across though seems to indicate your minds eye and your third eye are what will “see” though when scrying. Trouble with that for me is that I cannot form images in minds eye- I have nothing but darkness unless I’m nearing sleep, then I only get flashes that I can’t manipulate, and my third eye… well I’m working on it…

3 Likes

Same boat here, I find glasses to not really affect anything, EXCEPT for seeing energies with my eyes open. The lens sorta glosses over the details of each little spark of light in the universe. However I can still see energy that is more flow-y and liquid if you will. If I don’t/ can’t take my glasses off, I use my third eye to see. A lot less detailed but its better than holding my ritual paper on my eyeball struggling to read it :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Same here. I am almost blind without my glasses but I gaze on the Sigil’s without. I cleared my mind from this issue. Just thinking that it is not a problem at all that I can’t see the Sigil as clear as others. For me it works without glasses. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

All glasses do is correct your physical vision. They help your eyes maintain focus on the seal or the mirror, but it is your perception that opens it.

I am nearsighted, and I have successfully opened seals, and scried, without wearing my contacts. However, I actually prefer to do it with my lenses in, because there is less physical strain on my eyes that could pull me out of my altered state, which becomes an issue if focus must be maintained for a prolonged period of time.

My advice would be to wear your glasses. Your glasses correct your vision, and help your eyes to focus, nothing more. They are a simple mechanical aid and don’t interfere with anything.

10 Likes

Thanks for everyone that chimed in. Biggest issue I have with them (that I know about) is they always slide down when I’m trying to focus. My nose just isn’t shaped properly lol. I’ve adjusted them and had them professionally adjusted, no matter what I do they keep sliding down the bridge of my nose to where the top rims obstructs my view. Very distracting.

Can you get one of those elastic bands for sports that are specifically made to keep glasses from sliding around? They are usually a simple black band that slips over the arms of your glasses and holds them tight to your head, similar to the way goggles do.

1 Like

That’s a good idea. I’ll have to look into it. Hell, I could just make something, got plenty of materials laying around.

1 Like

No, nothing really. Not even sigils. Your mind is what opens the sigils, not your eyes. Your physical eyes are just a tool which you use to access the alternate states of mind. But it’s not your only tool.
Things like “soft gazing” serve exactly that. If you have a problem with your vision, then just use it for your benefit.
Once you remove your glasses or lenses for some time, get used to it and feel comfortable, I find that a blurry vision can help you enter a state of relaxation (which is needed for evocation, invocation and meditation) much easier. It’s what I like to call “controlled sensory deprivation”.

3 Likes

Also need to remember that the sigil itself is also… not necessary. Just another aide in magickal ascent.

1 Like

You could always consecrate the lenses of your glasses to further enhance your spiritual sight.

1 Like

Wow, I hadn’t thought of doing that. Thanks

You are only limited by your imagination.

You will find that more true the further you progress on your path.

3 Likes