Issues with mobile ads on the forum

Yeah these new ads are a bit of a pain and seem to glitch out some of the browsing for me.

1 Like

Yeah ive had some glitches just trying to browse through threads but I am unsure if they are related so I left them out.

Just downloaded duckduckgo. Hell yeah, that’s way better!

Guess I’ll shitcan chrome, hahaha

3 Likes

Damn I saw this and I’m on chrome

1 Like

I have the same exact issue

1 Like

21 replies but no one knows who I can complain to smh

1 Like

You could try emailing Timothy, maybe he could at least tell us if it’s balg or discourse.

I refuse to install an app just for the forum, because I only ever use my phones browser for the forum and to google random shit.

2 Likes

Sorry; didn’t mean to reply to anyone specifically; ever since I attained mod hood my mod tool blocks my reply to OP button when I’m on mobile :crazy_face:

I need to get an ad blocker or something that will get rid of ads; any suggestions?

1 Like

This is is me all the damn way :rofl: I could be searching up for some random topics on sigil meditations then when something pops up I Immediately get my search on, lol. I have noticed the amount of ads have gone quite ridiculous on Chrome but I’ve been trying to get my way out of those random pop-ins when searching for some things on the search feature. Might see what alternative can come to mind in the mean time.

2 Likes

Im pretty sure this is the fault of the actual host of the forum. I don’t think balg has anything to do with it. It really screws with me on chrome mobile too.

5 Likes

No, the ads were implemented by the BALG team as announced here:

2 Likes

One thing I do have against duckduckgo though is, it has an annoying habit of autos rolling down the threads which is a bit aggravating.

2 Likes

Browser - DuckDuckGo

2 Likes

i never had that issue

1 Like

Might be my phone.

It’s kind of a piece of shit and I should really replace it. Lol

1 Like

Its horribly bugged for me aswell since these ads showed up. I couldnt even scroll down this thread in order to respond.

1 Like

Yeah that one drives me crazy too. The scroll is all jacked up for longish threads when the add is loaded.

1 Like

Yup, hope it gets fixed soonish.
Wanted to make a thread like this aswell but was too lazy. Thanks for creating it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

My ability to complain is unmatched :+1:

1 Like

Issue is still pretty bad takes me like 1 minute to precisely hit half the reply button. Smh first world problems

3 Likes