Is witchcraft supposed to be such a defeating activity?

I feel absolutely exhausted with witchcraft to the point where I just quit and feel defeated. Every time I create a petition, it seems it never comes through and nothing is done.
Most of the spirits I work with are quite annoying, they don’t even say anything, they just stare now. Quite annoying and tired of it. I don’t see a use for them anymore, they just seem like they have no real power or they don’t use it at all. I have to do absolutely everything, which I’m fine with, but if I ask for help with something, I expect the help when they make an appearance. If they didn’t want to work with me, they should just not show up, correct?
Absolutely tired of it, I generally feel like quitting because it seems like working on my own without witchcraft gets things done than working with spirits.

1 Like

If you lack your own power spirits tend to be worse than useless and parasitic, manipulative, and corruptive at worse. Majority of magical and psychic practice does not use or need spirits except as extra hands and tools but if you lack the power to command and control them it is not wise to trust them.

Focus on your power and ability over trying to employ questionable entities whose motives you don’t understand. Generally before approaching spirits you should be able to use your own power and accomplishments. Evocation is traditionally suppose to be a form of advanced magical practice and never something a beginner would approach but modern day practices seem to have reversed this order for some reason or another. Even most forms of witchcraft doesn’t utilize spirits but natural neutral powers or lower elementals that little above animal in intellect by turning their instinct and nature in the direction you want without worrying about them being advanced enough mentally to use you instead.

4 Likes

How do you know you are getting the real entity and not a parasite. Have you had a conversation with the entity you are summoning. Mileages and people may vary as do the entities that are summoned.

1 Like

You can also do magick that has nothing to do with spirits and rely complexly on your own manifestation abilities, a la New Avatar Power, Law of Attraction, Chaos sigils etc.

This sounds pretty bad. If you have negative feelings and they are not even speaking to you, your relationships are not looking good for getting them to help you. Did you ask them if there was a problem?

I mean did you ask them? If you didn’t get agreement then maybe not. I always get a conformation in ritual, other people also ask for signs to confirm. Just showing up doesn’t mean anything, it just means they picked up the phone - getting the ok is a whole other question. You do that before you sign the petition on their behalf, otherwise it’s a waste of time.

Have you asked them or done any divination into whether there’s blocks to your workings, or conversely a path to manifestation?

4 Likes

Before trying to help with fixing the issue at hand, may I ask what else you’ve had success in, elsewhere, occult-wise? I only ask as I note you saying, “working on my own without witchcraft gets things done [more] than working with spirits.”

By that, had you meant, “working on my own”, as in your mundane works aside from magick? If so, and if you’ve not spent much time honing simple but effective skills such as those related to candle magick, divination, or the creation of sigils, and doing visualizations, then please don’t be like me; having done literally hundreds and hundreds of consecutively failed evocations, even to the point of physical and psychic burnout: having accrued failure upon failure, until finally, eventually, I could expect it to work as intended after far too long. Anyone can do so if they want it badly and impatiently enough, but it’s a needlessly difficult path. Looking back: if only I’d ramped up even further to evocation, instead of picking up needed skills as I’d gone along.

Speaking of which, if the above turns out to be true, successful results will come easier after also meditating underneath a samadhi lamp, open eyed, and while simultaneously learning to be receptive like a still cup of water unto vibration. It’s not hard to create one of them, either. In fact, mine was created with a lamp light fixture I’d hung from an eye-hook in the ceiling, and then suspended from it a “shade” made out of circular, cut cereal box cardboard. In the middle of my cardboard shade, right under the bulb, itself, I used a semi-translucent orange shaving cream cap I’d sat in a hole cut just large enough to contain it. This way, I, importantly, wouldn’t burn out my retinas by looking into a lamp for minutes at a time without blinking. Well, you’ll actually likely find better success by not staring directly into the light, but by fixing it in your peripheral vision, instead, and staring off into the distance much like you do with magic eye photos. However, while good but arguably not quite as valuable a tool, you could still always simply stare near a dot drawn on the wall in chalk or on paper for now. But the samadhi lamp is going to be easier to use in practice, for sure.

Hey all my spirit does too is stare :smile:

Edit: But seriously, I related a lot with what you say… my spirits have not granted me anything including 1 goetia demon. They just seem to be so powerful yet do not do anything. One of my spirit is a djinn which are known as wish granters. I asked her to help me with my etsy shop and make me rich, it’s been months and nothing yet. Maybe these spirits don’t help us because they need pushing or they don’t want to? They seem so useless I agree.