Is there anyone here doing the Great Work?

Magnum opus, Great Work, something that carries all the magical wisdom-stupidity you have collected on your path. What is your method to work with it? Do you have any advices for a person who is mad enough to try to sacrifice their time and effort with it?

Do you mean the great work specifically using Crowley’s methods or just aiming for ascension in general?

There are many paths and a focus on personal ascent doesn’t seem mad to me. Nobody calls… I don’t know, say, the Tibetan Buddhists mad, so why would you be mad to try to do what they’re doing just another way.

1 Like

Hmm, for me Crowley is too right-handend and I try not to follow any paths. I think making a Great Work/philosopher’s stone is a way to make an own path. It is like a vessel where you put your energy and it can be, for example, a work of art or scientific treatise - something revolutional, new and insightful, magical in a way you have not seen before. A work that teaches its maker.

Why I call it madness, because in my experience it is most of the time very painful and frustrating. I am looking for advices to make it easier.

Ok, so you want to work on the physical artwork or endeavor kind of “magnum opus”? I thought you meant the Hermetics version which uses the philosophers stone as a symbolic representation of completing spiritual enlightenment - this one…

So what is it that you’re working on and why is it painful and frustrating? Do you need a breakthrough in skills or understanding or…? Maybe meditate on that, to look into how this experience is speaking to you, helping you connect with and know yourself?

I think there are both sides: inner stage and outer result.

Laziness and lack of energy is my problem here. Working is exhausting.

I think the enlightenment comes out of the passion projects though. If you don’t love what you’re doing, you won’t be exposed to the full range of experience you can get from it. If you could get enlightenment out of a daily grind every wage slave would be a sufi.

What do you really enjoy doing? Can you build something using that interest?