Is Set Belial?

I just did the Circle of Heka and previoulsy Set spontaneously gave me some energy, so I asked him to give me some energy and he gave me allright! I just stood there and absorbed all the energy for quite a while. It was so much energy that I was all wobbly afterwards. Only The Old ones have given me that much energy before.

I recently read Kurtis Joseph’s chapter in “Azazel - Steal the fire of god”, and it was a revelation with all the connections it provided: KINGU = BELIAL = NYARLATHOTEP = LEVIATHAN. So I was wondering if Belial could possibly be Set too. I love all the guys above, and considering the amount of energy he kindly blasted me with… Anyone?

I just don’t agree with any of that to be honest.

Not least because Nyarlathotep is - imo - a human-made egregore from Lovecraft’s fiction, and didn’t exist more than 100 years ago. (I don’t personally subscribe to the theory that Lovecraft discovered anything, he was a gothic horror author and described his fears as personified, anthropomorphic beings.)

Belial, Kingu and Set are from completely different times, cultures and philosophies, I don’t know what value there is in playing matchy-matchy with them, you’re losing a lot of nuance and hence energy in not giving each it’s distinctive context.

I would say keep talking to Set then. You and he have a vibe and it would be a shame to dilute it because you wanted him to be someone else. You have the name and an invitation, don’t look a gift horse in the mouth just go for it!

3 Likes

This is true. Many cultures loose connection or memory of beings, then they reappear later in other eons and cultures when someone gets into contact with them and as people then try to distinguish their names, they get it wrong or the being presents themselves under a new name.
Nowadays we have books about ancient cultures´ gods and can make the connection between “different” beings, or we just notice that some we work with are actually the same.

One value of knowing who are the same it can be to find their most powerful “incarnation” and work with that, I guess.

I also ponder the fact that the Neteru call themselves “Watchers” and so did Azazel in Kurtis´ channeling, so there may well be a connection there, although it might as well be that Set is not Belial, but rather Azazel who called himself Satan, who some relate to Set.

Well this is also a concept I don’t believe in, this ideas that one is “more powerful” than another. I don’t think it works like that. I see it more like this: A phillips screwdriver is not “more powerful” than a flat head screwdriver, it’s a matter of having the right tool for the right job, or maybe more like a key in a lock. In this case, the more keys you have the better when you don’t know what locks you will find.