Is or was Lilith an Angel or not?

I think you make a good point. Upg is good for developing your personal understanding. Research is good for bringing that into a wider context.

In all truthfulness I treat her as an aspect of the Goddess, nothing more, nothing less. But if she wants to be an Angel, if it makes her happy to hear me or someone else say that, who am I to argue?

1 Like

I don’t really consider being a god to be a race, however we both know our opinions vastly differ there so I won’t get into that.

This is true. Just like how many people wear many hats, so do spirits. However, some of those hats are “forced” on us and aren’t true to the real image being presented.

2 Likes

Lore wise it’s a race and a title, kind of regardless of how one chooses to pick and choose what they want to accept. By Lore Gods are a race and by lore it’s also a title given through worship or “ascension” so it’s not my belief but rather by me choosing to not pick and choose aspects of lore to fit my own narrative but to accept both and all aspects of it.

Forced in my view is more when people continue to lie to themselves and call the goetia demons the Pagan Gods as for the most part it holds no accuracy in research, but this instance Lilith was not seen as a Goddess until modern age.

2 Likes

That’s about the same scenario.

You do you.

Haha if Belial showed up in my house and told me to refer to him as a gnome I wouldnt refuse it lol

Not exactly, in one scenario research is still done, in another it’s pure UPG nothing else.

I have been for decades :slight_smile: just with research and experience.

1 Like

Uhh where you mentioned that people are saying that goetics are pagan gods? Yeah, that’s forcing an image onto something.

You missed my point it was differing one having research backed and the goetia one having no such research to back it up.

That “she can be whatever she wants” it’s so…what a worshipper would say… I know someone else who also “can be whatever he wants” including the air, the space, the emptyness, a bird, his own son…

3 Likes

Im not saying we just take her word for it, im just saying I dont see the point in arguing about it. Ancient historians were just as stupid and biased as us lol, the only real way to know is experience her yourself. At the end of the day all im saying is it genuinely made her feel happy to hear me call her an Angel and thats enough for me, even though ive openly said I dont view her that way.

It really depends on who you ask. To the Sumerians, she was a fertility deity. To the Hebrew people, she was adams first wife but was exiled after she refused to submit. Then became the devil’s bride. So, not an angel per se, but she possessed some form of divinity.

No she wasn’t, Lilith to the Sumerians didn’t exist. Not until people started merging her with one of their Goddesses. To the Sumerians the one Lilith resembled most was a demon who fed on the blood of men and consumed babies.

Later on she became lust related, Lilith never was given divinity in a way she was a Goddess until much later.